Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious as to how gullibility plays in with the personality types. Any thoughts on types/functions that seem to lean toward blind trust more than others?

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Curious as to how gullibility plays in with the personality types. Any thoughts on types/functions that seem to lean toward blind trust more than others?
Nope, but some people tend to add superficiality and stereotypes where knowledge lacks.
I also think people can be gullible who believe that just because you did a test you can be certain of your type and if you get a new type on the test your type has suddenly changed. But that's really just a lacking understanding and not being gullible.

When it comes to blind trust which is not the same as being gullible then people who come here to find their type and are completely or rather new will just trust whoever talks the most and/or seems to know the most which can lead them to believe a complete newbie who doesn't know anything about what s/he is talking about, but just throws around a long page of stereotypes and general misinformation. Then on the other end are the people who come in with misinformation/misunderstandings and will be extremely stubborn about keeping that information no matter how much you explain to them why it is false. Like the people who say that they are ENPs with borderline F/T because they get about 50% on their tests. What they don't realize is that the % has nothing to do with the strength of a preference and is just to show the consistency of the answers which is quite irrelevant for the one doing the test unless you want to know how certain the test was. Then again, all tests suck *** so there's no reason to rely on one to begin with. Even the official test called me an INTP when I did it the second time (called me an INTJ the first time). Better to just read up on your own.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts