Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure most of you know, but a "gut feeling" is when something comes up and you get a sensation causing you to feel exactly what you need to do or choose. My mom has a great gut instinct. When she feels something, she's usually right now. I've always assumed that mine works in a similar way. After all, whenever I feel uncomfortable about something my gut goes off and I do whatever is necessary to make that feeling go away.

Recently, I've noticed that when I choose the opposite of what my gut is saying, I end up enjoying myself and even growing from it. I've started to think that my gut function is to keep me safe by stopping me from going into situations that I don't know from experience will go in my favor. However, a lot of these situations that are uncomfortable are the very things that are necessary to help me function in a positive manner.

I realize there are many different factors involved here. I've been coming out of a depression and that could definitely change the way I work. It could also be my inferior Si.

So I ask you this: How does your gut feeling manifest? Do you think that being a 6 has anything to do with this? If so, what are the possibilities that it plays on your inferior function, showing itself differently depending on type?

·
Banned
1,257 Posts
I tend to follow my gut if I have no other information to go on.

If my gut is telling me to do something then I should do it it. Especially in relation to where I should be going in my life.

Gut feeling says to go to Los Angeles and see what happens with my life. I'm oddly not afraid about moving out there without a job.

·
Registered
197 Posts
My gut, even if it seems like what i chose was wrong I still feel a sense of i did what I had to do or MUST have done.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Gut instinct doesn't get any more influence on my decisions than logical reasoning or emotional considerations. It does come into play, from time to time, and if I have no information or established feelings to use when making a decision, I'll use gut instinct. Otherwise, I weigh risks and consider what I might take away from each possible choice. I am very counterphobic, which might explain differences between my decision making and that of other 6's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.