Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I'm asking the girls mainly...but I appreciate your answer regardless of gender. What do you think of long hair on guys? like shoulder length and straightened.

maybe something like this...

Reactions: Riven

·
Registered
314 Posts
Ummm...if he's rockin' the personality thing and confidence thing, then sure, why not?

I think it takes a lot of guts to be a guy with hair like that. Kudos to them. :tongue:

·
Banned
14 Posts
he looks gay to me. in a bad way. he looks too into himself. grow your hair by all means but be a man about it. i don't like it when a man spends more time on his hair than i do.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hmm when I was younger i just loved guyz with long hair!! Like johny deep;P..

But now I think that the best haircat is semi short hair (about 3 cm) and put up:p

My friend is ISFP and many years ago I was urging him to grow hair but later to cut them-And that was super idea. Guys looking better in short hair for me but not to short-lenght to can show your style and personality:)

Ps: I love my boyfriend's bald head too:D maybe becouse i'm in love;))

·
Registered
587 Posts
Long hair on a guy could be tricky to pull off. I have a friend who is just past thirty and he is sporting the "Jesus" look. Shoulder-length brown hair, most of the time pulled back into a pony tail with a full facial beard. He has had this same hair style for as long as I have known him. The problem is that he is experiencing a receding hairline which makes the rest of the hairstyle scruffy...long wispy hair is covering over the receding hairline part. A few of my gal friends have gently suggested that he would rock a shorter style but to no avail.

I also have another friend who is in his thirties who totally rocks out a long goth haircut. He is Italian, 6 feet 2 inches and he wears this hair in long, luxurious flowing brunet waves. He is a part-time musician so this maybe adds to his stage persona. He also has a small lower lip beard which adds to the goth mystic. It totally works for him.

Sooooo, I think long hair COULD look good on a guy but it will really depend on your hair texture and how much time/effort you are willing to put into hair maintenance.

I, personally, find the hair-style in the photo attractive on a younger man.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Generally, I find guys with longer hair (Though not straight.... more wavy or even curly) down to their shoulders/slightly above very attractive. Most of the guys I have crushes on have long hair xD It's rare that a guy with shorter hair will catch my attention.

And of course, obligatory Johnny Depp shot

Reactions: Azura Nova

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Not an ENFP, but yes. Perhaps not too long but I find shoulder-length looks pretty good on some guys. The important thing is that their hair looks clean XD. Some guys let their hair grow long but it ends up looking greasy.

I think I like guys with longish hair because most douchebags around here often have really short hair. I think I unconsciously associate long hair on guys with someone who's a bit less superficial.

Then again, it definitely depends on the guy, some guys can't pull it off and look better with shorter hair.

Oh and I agree with Amare, wavy hair looks great ^^ .

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have curly hair~ I am ridiculously jealous of guys who can have long hair. Even straight hair is something I am envious for. There are so many things you can do with that style of hair that I cannot with mine. I am extremely limited in style, which is frustrating.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I guess I'm asking the girls mainly...but I appreciate your answer regardless of gender. What do you think of long hair on guys? like shoulder length and straightened.

maybe something like this...
You're extremely attractive by the way :)

On you anything could look good. I am very open to people's different styles, but generally I prefer short hair on guys. Like... military haircut. It's just dashing and masculine. (Give me anything masculine in a guy and I go nutsy on him.) It depends on the fellow, though. Some men can pull off longer hair. Some men (in my opinion) SHOULD NOT.

But I'm flexible.

:tongue:

·
Registered
815 Posts
Guys with shaggy hair are hot in my book.

I *do* think it has to do with the attitude they usually have. Most guys I know with hair like that are creative in some way and that is the kind of guy I dig :D

OH, I also *droooooool* over dreads :D

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
When I was in high school I loved long hair. I stopped loving it by the time I was 20 or so, though, because I started to make certain negative Si associations with it from past experiences. Or maybe my aesthetic just changed.

I still like length on top, though. Length on top can be good, but shoulder length hair or really long hair? Nah, no thanks.

·
Registered
26,827 Posts
I find nothing wrong with men having long, just like I find nothing wrong with women having short hair.

I personally prefer to have quite a bit of hair on my head, nothing too long though and my hair has never really grown much past the bottom of my ears.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You're extremely attractive by the way :)

On you anything could look good. I am very open to people's different styles, but generally I prefer short hair on guys. Like... military haircut. It's just dashing and masculine. (Give me anything masculine in a guy and I go nutsy on him.) It depends on the fellow, though. Some men can pull off longer hair. Some men (in my opinion) SHOULD NOT.

But I'm flexible.

:tongue:
Thank you kindly :blushed:, but I only wish I looked like that. My hair isn't nearly so long, but I'm working on it. Some have mentioned the long hair attitude...I definitely have that :) . Just need the hair to match it. One of these days, when I get where I'm going here, I'll make it my profile pic.

I was just curious, ENFP (and INFP) seem like the type to like long hair on a guy. I don't think I'd ask this in a ExTJ forum lol.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I either like reeeeally long ponytails on guys (and ~only~ ponytails, not loose) or reeeeeally short hair (like, military short). Emo kid though I am, I'm really not as much into the shaggy headedness as I thought I would be.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I tend to have crushes on guys with long hair all the time, ahaha. C: I actually prefer it at least three inches long. I don't know, it just makes the guy seem a lot more playful and relaxed, and it shows a lot of self-confidence if you're able to have long hair in public like that.

And that photo is great~

·
Registered
603 Posts
Thank you kindly :blushed:, but I only wish I looked like that. My hair isn't nearly so long, but I'm working on it. Some have mentioned the long hair attitude...I definitely have that :) . Just need the hair to match it. One of these days, when I get where I'm going here, I'll make it my profile pic.

I was just curious, ENFP (and INFP) seem like the type to like long hair on a guy. I don't think I'd ask this in a ExTJ forum lol.
Either way I bet you're a sweet guy :) My sister is an ISFJ and she seems to pay a lot of attention to her hair styling. She follows the fashion much better than I do! I'm certain you have the same physical aesthetic know-how.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I'm generally not a fan of long hair on guys ]but some guys can really pull it off. LIke others have said, if he gives the vibe that he cares too much appearence, then I don't like that. If he has long hair in more of an I don't care sort of way, it's more attractive (though that's not to say it should be dirty or anything. just not overly styled & fussed with)

I'm more concerned with attitude and personality anyway. Looks only get you so far, so do what makes you happy :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts