• Rebel

Votes: 17 48.6%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This test distinguishes how people tend to respond to expectations:
Outer expectations (a deadline, a “request” from a sweetheart)
Inner expectations (write a novel in your free time, keep a New Year’s resolution).

Overview of the Four Tendencies:
Upholders respond readily to outer and inner expectations.
Questioners question all expectations; they’ll meet an expectation if they think it makes sense–essentially, they make all expectations into inner expectations.
Obligers meet outer expectations, but struggle to meet expectations they impose on themselves.
Rebels resist all expectations, outer and inner alike.

Take the test and please answer the poll!

Reactions: fresh

·
Premium Member
15,288 Posts
According to your answers, your dominant Tendency is Rebel.

Rebels resist all expectations, outer and inner alike. They act from a sense of choice, from freedom. Rebels wake up and think, “What do I want to do today?”

They resist control, even self-control, and enjoy flouting rules and expectations. They sometimes frustrate others—and even themselves—because they resist any expectation, even one that’s self-imposed.

Rebels resist habits, but they can embrace habit-like behaviors by tying their actions to their choices and their identity.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Oh fun! let's see...

Your dominant Tendency is Questioner.

Questioners question all expectations, and will meet an expectation only if they believe it’s justified, so in effect, they meet only inner expectations.

Once Questioners believe that a particular habit is worthwhile, they’ll stick to it—but only if they’re satisfied about the habit’s soundness and usefulness. They resist anything arbitrary or ineffective; they accept direction only from people they respect.

Questioners may exhaust themselves (and other people) with their relentless questioning, and they sometimes find it hard to act without perfect information.

Yep, it's the one I relate to the most.

·
Registered
My vehicle is INFP, 9w8. Vroom vroom!!
1,636 Posts
I got Obliger. I would definitely not call myself a people-pleaser, but I do have an easier time keeping commitments to other people than to myself. I often have to trick myself to keep a habit, but it doesn't help much.

I am kind of unable to schedule my personal life and stick to it. Weekends are nothing short of lawless! I float around until the outside world ties me down again. I always do what I'm required to do, somehow. I do the bare minimum, but no one knows that it's the bare minimum because I'm very good at it.

It's pretty frustrating when I'm hypocritical with my morals. It seems like it happens all the time and that everyone and their dog notices. It's only frustrating because I imagine that I've let other people down and hurt them, not myself. "Oh shoot! You let your future husband down by loving that man on your couch and enjoying every minute of it!!" It's probably true, but SHUT UP, BRAIN!!

·
Banned
3,277 Posts
Rebel

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Rebel.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
Questioner

Sounds right

Reactions: fresh

·
Registered
827 Posts
Questioner.

Kind of surprised by that since I've been struggling with Obliger issues lately, but maybe this means my "tired of this bullshit" self is making a triumphant return....FINALLY! :th_wink:

·
Banned
7,754 Posts
I got 'rebel' but I feel this test is really biased somehow...In real life, based on the descriptions of each, I am more of an 'upholder' or 'questioner' - it highly depends on circumstance and who else is involved

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@goldencreeper - I felt the same way about the test. I got "rebel" as a result, but I expected either that or "questioner". I am totally not an "upholder" though!

Reactions: Cherry

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I got 'rebel' but I feel this test is really biased somehow...In real life, based on the descriptions of each, I am more of an 'upholder' or 'questioner' - it highly depends on circumstance and who else is involved
@no013

Me too! Rebel, but not. "Refuses to be bossed by others" is better described as resists it.

Reactions: Cherry and no013

·
Registered
INFP
1,191 Posts
It gave me Questioner, but I'd say that in my day to day life, Upholder or Obliger is more accurate (depending on the day/my mood/the issue at hand). I'm probably a Questioner on the inside, but my tendency to not want to disappoint others keeps me from being a Questioner on the outside.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Apparently I'm a rebel.

I mean, in my personal life I refuse to do anything that doesn't feel right. I'll do it if it's important to others, but if anyone says I should do something solely on the basis that they just feel that way, hell yeah I won't give a f**k

But I mean, who except your parents would ever boss you around that way though?

·
Registered
621 Posts

Rebels resist all expectations, outer and inner alike. They act from a sense of choice, from freedom. Rebels wake up and think, “What do I want to do today?”

They resist control, even self-control, and enjoy flouting rules and expectations. They sometimes frustrate others—and even themselves—because they resist any expectation, even one that’s self-imposed.

Rebels resist habits, but they can embrace habit-like behaviors by tying their actions to their choices and their identity.
Thought I'd get Questioner.

·
MOTM January 2013
10,623 Posts

1 - 20 of 24 Posts