Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, im sorta a lurker here on this form ;) I have learned so much from all you guys to thankyouu! haha
anyway...i was kinda curious about infp habits, what are some habits you have, what you think about habits, etc.
I consider myself an observer of human habits.
It seems some people seem more prone to them, and when i realize my own habits i have a strong urge to break them. -__-
Are we creatures of habit??
Do we create them so we can form our personality/comfort zone?
I know a common infp habit is messiness, but since i grew up with my mom nagging me about cleaning up, i am prone to be obsessive about my own cleanliness. But I dont mind being in someone else's messy house.
Anyway, i would be delighted to hear your thoughts ^_^

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
I have the absolute worst habit of laughing when nervous. I'm very strung out so I end up having a smirk on my face like I'm an elitist. Don't tell me bad news or terrible and true stories. It'll appear as though I'm laughing at the news. I'm not. Just have a very bad coping mechanism. For example a friend told me a story about how a couple was brutally raped/sodomized and murdered. I busted out with a shocked laugh. The story stressed me out. I didn't like to hear it. Way to go body. You made me look like a complete asshole. :{

I apologize for that dark example but that's the most recent case. A more lighter experience was I was at the Golden Arches and spilt a drink in front of everyone. I just started laughing out and my mom told me to stop and get it cleaned up before I embarrass her more. That was probably about a year ago. That may be another habit. I hold on to the past for way to damn long.

·
Registered
Infp 6w5
2,845 Posts
i am ALWAYS singing or humming music to myself out loud. i think it annoys other people, lol.
i have a habit of pacing when i'm feeling stressed.
i have the worst habit of ignoring responsibilities. at this moment, i should be working on a project. i don't wanna though! i'm screwed anyway...
i have a habit of obsessing/panicking over things that are bothering me. i may think and worry about something so much that i drive myself to tears :(

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
i am ALWAYS singing or humming music to myself out loud. i think it annoys other people, lol.
i have the worst habit of ignoring responsibilities. at this moment, i should be working on a project. i don't wanna though! i'm screwed anyway...
i have a habit of obsessing/panicking over things that are bothering me. i may think and worry about something so much that i drive myself to tears :(
Those are issues I'm well acquainted with. I never supposed they were considered habits.

·
Registered
798 Posts
My hands must usually be preoccupied or under some amount of pressure. They can't be free and still for more than five seconds.

This is what usually happens when I try to get someone's attention repeatedly and they walk away:
"Oh, actually..." I trail off when I know I'm not being heard.
"Um, hello? You kn..."
"Excuse me, bu--oh, okay, that's fine too." I try to catch their attention one last time, ending it abruptly with the same quickly said phrase when I see them turn. Oddly, they always seem to choose to leave when I attempt to catch their attention again. It's never when I'm silent and nervously wondering how to proceed.

I have been asked to repeat myself so many times because people couldn't hear what I said that I automatically say "never mind" when someone says "what?" Sometimes I think that I wouldn't mind repeating myself but have already said the phrase, so I let it go unless the person is persistent.

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
Procrastination, playing with my hair or hiding a part of my face when I'm nervous, chin in my hand whenever I'm daydreaming (stereotypical, but a dead giveaway that I'm not here), cracking my knuckles, opening the fridge and the cupboards when I don't have anything to do and not when I'm actually hungry, talk to everything around me, smiling all by myself because I remembered something, I also have this look of surprise that I had ever since I was little where I look a little disoriented, zoning out and ending up staring at someone in the face without realizing it, etc.

That's all I can think about for now.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I am constantly putting tiny braids in my hair all day long and then taking them out. By the end of the day, I usually have anywhere between 1-3 small braids somewhere on my head. People often tell me they like my braids and I just have to laugh because it's a bad habit that I wish I could stop. It ends up breaking off my hair and making it look shaggy. I have definite places in my hair that are half the length of the rest of my hair due to all the braiding.

·
Banned
493 Posts
I sing part of a song for months...

For instance, anyone seen Sweeney Todd? The shave'e da face scene... I would sing that every morning upon waking up.

"TO SHAVE'E DAAAA FACEEE! *Runs to restroom and starts getting ready for school all while repeating the same thing over and over again*"

Song starts at :54

And I'm a girl... There's no facial hair to be shaven. I just like to sing it.

·
Banned
748 Posts
I gnash my teeth, wiggle my toes and smack and bite my lips. Not all at once though. But it's impossible for me to be completely still. I always have to tighten a few muscles, invisibly or not.

I read somewhere that this heightens your metabolism with 10%, so I'm not complaining. It just explains a lot.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have a habit of constantly twisting my hair, whenever I'm bored or deep in thought or even during conversation. I also grin uncontrollably when I'm nervous, which is very inconvenient as it can appear like I am lying when I'm not. And then I have a habit of letting things get really messy at home and then I get fed up of it and go into super cleaning mode lol.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Stuttering when trying to prove someone wrong, biting my nails, avoiding eye contact, making weird faces at people during inappropriate situations to avoid awkwardness, smiling, twirling hair when presenting something, not being able to speak, singing and humming, faking eastern accents to avoid actual conversation with people, sweating uncontrollably for no reason (I'm sure that has more to do with anxiety than with being an INFP), wiping my hands because they're gross and clammy, chewing on everything from pencils to staples, not being critical unless I'm editing someone's papers, being awfully curious, slightly nosy.

I have a lot of habits. I'm sure some you can relate to.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
ik it's gross, but i have a habit of sucking on pens and pencils. I KNOW IT'S QUEER, but it happens. especially if i'm nervus that someone's looking at me.
also if i'm sitting next to someone in school that i really don't care for, i start to doodle rapidly little lost bits of thoughts that i'm having. like, for instance, in Alice in wonderland where the caterpillar calls alice stupid, i might think the person next to me is stupid and draw a catterpiller without even thinking about it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I sing part of a song for months...

For instance, anyone seen Sweeney Todd? The shave'e da face scene... I would sing that every morning upon waking up.

"TO SHAVE'E DAAAA FACEEE! *Runs to restroom and starts getting ready for school all while repeating the same thing over and over again*"

And I'm a girl... There's no facial hair to be shaven. I just like to sing it.

That is hilarious!:-D Has anyone ever seen you doing this? That guy is a bit creepy though. Good thing Sweeney gave him a good shaving, if you know what I mean:)

Some of my habits:

Always tilting my head
Laughing aloud at own thoughts
Either ignoring someone or looking deeply into their eyes
Asking 10 000 questions
Staring at clouds

·
Registered
49 Posts
This is completely me, besides the pacing,

I always have to be moving. More often than not, I'm moving my legs.
When I'm nervous, I try to cover my face.
I daydream the majority of time in my classes. Do people actually focus during class? I've never known.
I sit with my legs close to my body -- curled up with my legs against my chest, sitting on top of them, cross-legged, or a mixture of two of them. - is this uncommon?
I whistle whenever I'm not doing anything in particular, or if I'm waiting on something.
I have a habit of making sure people I care about understand exactly what I mean (i.e. "Not that that's bad, and not that that's good, either, I mean...!")

·
Banned
493 Posts
That is hilarious!:-D Has anyone ever seen you doing this? That guy is a bit creepy though. Good thing Sweeney gave him a good shaving, if you know what I mean:)

Some of my habits:

Always tilting my head
Laughing aloud at own thoughts
Either ignoring someone or looking deeply into their eyes
Asking 10 000 questions
Staring at clouds
My whole family hears me. I have no shame~

It makes things funner for me. I enjoy musicals and the 'I'm going to start singing nao like it or not!' attitude.

So, I guess you can say a habit of mine is making a musical out of stuff sometimes. As to annoy people, make them laugh, or make myself laugh.

Mom: Can you stop eating the stuff I'm trying to use for cooking?!
Me: Oh why.... WHYYYY?! No no no no.... BUT I AM HUNGRY! OH SO HUNGRY! *Starts musical*
Mom:

·
Registered
917 Posts
resting my chin on my hand while im daydreaming, or sat at my desk reading stuff on the net
procrastination

i absolutly have to shower when i get up (not a bath or just a wash, i've showered every morning for so long now it doesnt feel right if i dont, if its sub zero outside and the boiler is broken i will shower in icewater (reluctantly but i will)

i bite my finger nails off instead of clipping them i wear a silver pendant(wyvern (dragon with no legs just wings/snake with wings) with a lead crystal around my neck, if i forget to put it on it almost feels like im naked

i never make a shopping list i just buy whatever food seems like a good diea at the time

1 - 20 of 42 Posts