Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More stuff on the inferior function. Has anyone learned to integrate their Se with the rest of their dom-aux-tert functions? So to recap Se, its an awareness of the 'moment' and the compulsion to ACT on it. And by integrate, I mean to incorporate it into everyday life s.t. its not so passive-agressive on/off binge/avoidant. I personally hit the gym everyday for this reason but this hardly constitutes as engaging in new sensory input.

Other activities that people have recommended in past threads:
*Hiking/going on walks/jogging (interacting with nature)
*Wine/food tasting
*Swimming (do or die?)
*Rock climbing (see above)
*Driving/riding motocycle (not exactly cheap these days)
*Shopping (see above)
*Tennis
*Painting / arts and crafts
*Playing an instrument

Furthermore, only some of these possibilities constitute 'effective' use of time. And by effective, I mean to be used in conjunction with other functions. e.g. Driving may serve an ulterior purpose of simply getting from A to B (Te). Jogging as self-reflection (Fi). Tennis as human bonding + stratagem (Te+Fi). Painting as symbolic expression (Ni+Fi). Playing an instrument as expression (Fi). So... how do we effectively hack Se in our daily lives?

And no axes or ice-picks please.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I associate motorcycles with Se, actually. You don't realize until you are on one that there is no barrier to the olfactory sense, good and bad.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm learning to play western classical violin, which requires that I focus on exact notes, tempo etc. You have to be completely present, mentally and physically, and pay attention to detail. That's how I use my Se, to relax.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I am an artist. Painting, sculpture, drawing. I also do a lot of creative writing.

I practice fencing and saber. (I enjoy competition, especially with someone I respect, I use that as a means of showing affection. (Any competition really. (Parenthetical statements... oh boy.)))

I enjoy improvising lyrics, although do this rarely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts