Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had two awful dreams that were so vivid and real, and i still remember one spcific scene from each of the dreams that is still shaking me up. I had one dream, woke up, turned off my alarm and went back to sleep. Had another dream, woke up and here I am. I feel so shaken up that I feel i need to write about it.

First dream - i was raped by two people i apparently knew in the dream. I don't recognize them, but in the dream, i apparently knew them. and they knew each other, and i was at some huge modernist mansion. and i was in a very clean, simple and modern bedroom, which looked exactly like my dream house. i felt so betrayed and vulnerable, because i didn't know why this was happening to me by these people. the scene that stood out to me most vividly was after the first one happened, i was feeling so vulnerable and shaken up while i was by myself (thinking it was over and how i was going to get out of here), and the second person took me by the wrist and i remember feeling crushed and broken and afraid of what was going to happen. most of the dream was THAT moment, but i don't remember much about what happened. the guys did not look familiar to me at all, but i think.. the second guy resembled the INTJ i have a crush on? it mustve been a really younger version of him because i didn't recognize him in the dream but i just had a familiar feeling it was him or smething

Second dream - i think it is connected? but i cant tell if i was just internalizing all of my feelings from the first dream. it seemed like this dream happened at a time after the rape, and i was trying to pretend things were okay. i was at another mansion, where there was a huge dinner party with important guests and i was nervous about not being able to have anyone to talk to. i was paying attention a lot to the waiters who were getting all the food ready and making sure things were in place. when the dinner started, i found a seat by some girls i know, they seem so familiar and they vaguely resembled people i know IRL, and started talking about shallow stuff, a guy they liked, makeup, and then one girl was telling me how she was going to manipulate her mom to buy her a car. all of a sudden, i felt sick and excused myself and ran to the bathroom. i remember i went through a maze like place to find the bathroom, and it looked like a dungeon (that has occurred in my dreams before) with stalls in it. i knew other girls were there cause i had a glimpse of people in the stalls. In the stall next to mine, i saw an old woman dressed in a gray plaid suite (yellow shirt) walk out of the stall while the girl inside was crying. and i remember feeling extremely struck by this scene for some reason. when i got into my stall, i started vomiting uncontrollably, and there was blood in the toilet when i looked. and i kept vomitting until I woke up.

This happened two hours ago when i woke up, but i'm still feeling shaken up. my heart is still pounding rapidly and i have that deep, sinking feeling in my stomach again (something bad is going to happen?) I looked up VOMIT in dream interpretations and it said that it meant 1) i need to get rid of negative feelings/thoughts that are impeding my emotional progress or 2) you are getting sick, or you will be connected with a rumor or potentially scandalous situation. I think it might be #2 just because i have that deep sinking feeling in my stomach. overall, i dont know why, but im feeling so shaken up and emotionally gripped right now. no one else is home, or in my hall because there is a brunch event i didn't go to, but i feel so shaken up and i just need to talk about this or hear a voice of reason telling me things are okay. all of a sudden, i'm afraid of opening up to this INTJ guy further or even talking to him more and i'm just feeling really cautious right now. sorry for the long post guys

·
Registered
37 Posts
not really sure what to say but just wanted to say that i read it and i hope it doesn't overwhelm you.

also. you have control.. it can just be a dream. if its unwanted.. don't let it be any more than that :happy:

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Well, first of all, my condolences. Having said that, our subconscious takes over when we sleep. They are usually connected somehow, so it's good that you pay them some heed. Just be sure not to focus too much on them - they are just dreams after all. My ex used to have vivid dream all the time and they would come true. I used to experience this as a child, but haven't in many years. You should spend some time thinking about what it means, but don't obsess about it - you will just tire yourself out. As far as this INTJ guy, there's probably no connection to the dream. But maybe there is. There's only one way to know, and that's to move forward. Be wary if you must, but don't assume too much.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Wow. That sounds terrifying.

From what I can tell you obviously have some heavy things on your mind. Hopefully the rock you have in your gut is just a hangover from the dream. I believe the two are connected. The mansions seems to indicate you feeling insignificant or small (vulnerable)...the rape by familiar parties could be you feeling powerless, a loss of control over a situation or persons. Most rapes are for power, not sex anyway. The crowd might be a consequence of the first dream in that you feel lost. The cycle comes around when you search for the familiar only to find no comfort in it. I suspect the girl you saw crying in the stall was you.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Wow. That sounds terrifying.

From what I can tell you obviously have some heavy things on your mind. Hopefully the rock you have in your gut is just a hangover from the dream. I believe the two are connected. The mansions seems to indicate you feeling insignificant or small (vulnerable)...the rape by familiar parties could be you feeling powerless, a loss of control over a situation or persons. Most rapes are for power, not sex anyway. The crowd might be a consequence of the first dream in that you feel lost. The cycle comes around when you search for the familiar only to find no comfort in it. I suspect the girl you saw crying in the stall was you.
Posted via Mobile Device
You are a fucking god, my friend.

·
Registered
154 Posts
From what I've found, Koi (Japanese carp) are symbols of strength and prosperity. Assume live Koi means coming fortune and dead means loss of fortune. Your swamp might indicate an overwhelming environment, probably work, in your case if this dream is linked to your career's livelihood. While gutting this fish, you said you were remorsefully searching for something but to no avail. In general, my interpretation is a warning against sabotaging your good fortune. Are you unsatisfied at work? Despite your bonus, are you still searching for more? It seems to me that you should not squander the opportunities you've been given at the expense of something or someone. You may regret it like you regret the dead Koi in your dream.

Regardless, this is just my interpretation. Take it as a grain of salt. Trust your gut if it's warning you.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: John Athix

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm still having a hard time interpretating this though. So, I get that it is an interpretation of sabotaging good fortune, but I'm not sure how I would squander it at the expense of something/someone? (The Koi was still alive in the dream, if that clarifies anything?) Sorry, I'm having a hard time trying to get this . (I'm sleep deprived, sorry!) can you explain it again though cause your explanations are really helpful

·
Registered
154 Posts
I didn't know the koi was still alive. So in your dream you maimed him and tossed him back in the muck? Do you often have dreams of searching for something you can't find?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no.. that was my first time maiming something! but thinking about it it seems like i am having dreams where something or someone is being maimed, usually me.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Maybe you're the fish just like you were the girl in your other dream. Maybe these dreams are all about self inflicted pain - you beating yourself up. Maybe you are standing outside of yourself seeing the pain you're causing yourself.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ah, that makes so much sense now, thanks :happy:

It's probably a warning then? i'm letting the self-inflicted pain hinder my success perhaps... i need to stop beating myself up, for things that aren't my fault or out of my control

·
Registered
154 Posts
Sometimes you just have to let go. :eek:)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Sage, I need your services! I just had a dream last night that I wanted to run by you. I normally re-invent movies in my dreams for whatever reasons. This time it was Jaws. I was the main character as we were sitting on our boat. It was almost like an out of body experience because I wasn't the main character in my dream - I had my own thoughts and I could hear his. Anyway, the boat gets tugged by some huge force and the other guy does some calculations and comes up with some incredibly large number. The main character thinks only of $$$$ and says to bring it up. It takes forever and as we are waiting for it to come to the surface, I get an overbearing feeling of impending doom. I don't remember what happened next, but I can only assume it swallowed us whole. :blushed:

Here's my analysis: Don't bark up the wrong tree.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
[/makes note]

PM... Sage... about crazy... dreams... ... Got it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I can't figure out if you're being facetious or just a dick. Dreams can be interpreted any number of ways. They could mean nothing at all but they help someone process something they're grappling with then why the hell not try to seek the answers in our subconscious.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 18 of 18 Posts