Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any other ENTPs been to a dating site before? I doubt it. I'm a small town boy, living in a lonely world. So I go online to talk to people. Ive never met anyone cool near where i live, or in the state of ny in general, online at least. Ive met a few girls that ive really connected with over the years....only a very small few. One was from russia, the other was from spain...the one now is in ohio. '

The reason i use these sites is to meet people, potential friends or mates. Very limited around here, and i dont live at school.

The problem i see with these sites, which i hardly ever meet girls on, is that...

1-- most girls are fuckin stupid..."lloking for a good ole' country boy :::)))" fukin retarded.....no intuition, and the NF type ones are TOO dramatic.

2-- They show their tits ALMOST....ALMOST...not quite...but a good amount of cleavedge, and then say "ew, fuck off!!" when you become AROUSED.

3--Every single one of them wants a "fairytale relationship"..90% say they want a "knight in shining armor", or a dude like a guy in the movies that is extremely sexy but has no interest at all in sex......DNE (Does Not Exist)...unless the guy is like, retarded or has a testosterone deficiency issue.

4--And an external issue. Most guys that are there are these dumb ******* dudes. They all use these lame-ass compliments,which forsome odd reason girls fall for. " I want you in my life. You have to be in my heart!"...hahah YA FUCKIN RIGHT DUDE, you want some PPPPPOOOOSAAYYY!!! thats all!!

So, ya. What does an ENTP type do to meet people online???? maybe even girls???

Ive recently met this one girl that goes to my college. Im not sure how to talk to her, shes very introverted and "luuuvy duuvy"

·
Registered
243 Posts
So, I'm not an ENTP, but I'll respond.
1. Yes, people aren't always the best spellers. It bugs me, too and for better or worse, it makes me think of them a certain way. I like to be accurate, as best as I can, when putting anything online.
2. I think it's often a sign of age/maturity and culture. If a girl really wants a guy, she might go 'there.' Even when I was younger, I would never do such a thing. I think it's also foolish. You might get attention, but not for the right reasons. I mean, if you're practically exposing yourself, do you think the other will be trying to engage you in deep conversation?
3. Personally, not into the cliche, every romance and even if I were, I'd be too embarrassed to admit it. I would question if that is what they really want, too. I think those who say they do, some are just looking at it on a surface level and haven't really thought it through. 4. I would NEVER trust some guy online with whom I have just begun to chat, who laid it on so thick. On top of that, it would scare me away. I'm not sure which would be worse:the guy is a liar, or he's completely sincere. Okay, the liar...

I know it may be easier for me to dole out the advice, but take advantage of being young and in college. When you're older and you feel that the only way to meet someone is online, it's way more risky and challenging.

Go for the introverted girl! She's right there, live and in-person. If she's nuts, you'll see it sooner than online, maybe.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Simple solution: Move.

Of course, you may discover it's no better, that ultimately no one is a perfect fit, and that the two of you need to kind of meet in the middle, or you need to be such a catch she'll go wherever you do. If I were you, I'd focus on making myself the latter.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Any other ENTPs been to a dating site before? I doubt it. I'm a small town boy, living in a lonely world. So I go online to talk to people. Ive never met anyone cool near where i live, or in the state of ny in general, online at least. Ive met a few girls that ive really connected with over the years....only a very small few. One was from russia, the other was from spain...the one now is in ohio. '

The reason i use these sites is to meet people, potential friends or mates. Very limited around here, and i dont live at school.

The problem i see with these sites, which i hardly ever meet girls on, is that...

1-- most girls are fuckin stupid..."lloking for a good ole' country boy :::)))" fukin retarded.....no intuition, and the NF type ones are TOO dramatic.

2-- They show their tits ALMOST....ALMOST...not quite...but a good amount of cleavedge, and then say "ew, fuck off!!" when you become AROUSED.

3--Every single one of them wants a "fairytale relationship"..90% say they want a "knight in shining armor", or a dude like a guy in the movies that is extremely sexy but has no interest at all in sex......DNE (Does Not Exist)...unless the guy is like, retarded or has a testosterone deficiency issue.

4--And an external issue. Most guys that are there are these dumb ******* dudes. They all use these lame-ass compliments,which forsome odd reason girls fall for. " I want you in my life. You have to be in my heart!"...hahah YA FUCKIN RIGHT DUDE, you want some PPPPPOOOOSAAYYY!!! thats all!!

Ive recently met this one girl that goes to my college. Im not sure how to talk to her, shes very introverted and "luuuvy duuvy"
Okay dude ... first off stay away from the "lovey dovey". It's gonna be a waste of time in the long run (although I will admit it's quite attractive "in the moment"). Secondly, screw the money. Move out of the house. We've already told you that's what you need. You need to read the thread about listening to the "wisdom of your elders" or something. It sux when you are broke and living alone for the first time. But IT'S WHAT YOU NEED. Get someplace where you can be yourself, where you can meet girls, and where you can do things in REALLIFE instead of on the internet. ENTP magic works best face to face.

Reactions: King_Moonracer

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
Most people are stupid, girls and boys alike. Of course, it's usually hard to tell on the internet.

Well, I think it's not entirely their fault. I mean, when a girl shows a bit of her body, it doesn't necessarily mean she wants to be bombarded with pervy messages, ya know?

Really? I've met plenty of girls who were interested in sex only, and hated romance with a passion.

Why does it bother you? I mean, do you hate that girls like the "lame-ass compliments" or that they don't realise that the dude doesn't give a fuck about love, but only wants to get laid?

Well, dating sites usually attract a certain kind of people (I've never had a profile on a dating site, so I'm speaking mostly from my friends' experience). Maybe you should look elsewhere? Think about whatever are you interested in, find a website/forum where poeple talk about it and register. If you meet a girl there, you'll at least have something in common.

Talk to her about something neutral. If you're both in the same college, I bet there are plenty of topics. It's better to get to know her and decide she's not what you look for, than to keep wondering, dontcha think?

Oh, and ditto about what the others said: move, travel, keep meeting new people. Don't rely on the internet alone.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
It's a dating site. Girls join with the intention to actually date.

It's not their problem if you and other ******** confuse eHarmony with iHookup.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
And I don't see why suggesting physical assets warrants direct perviness.

Hypothetically, if you were wealthy and flaunted it, would it be any less tacky for a girl to blurt out to your face: "I love how filthy rich you are!!!"

·
Registered
3,191 Posts

Hypothetically, if you were wealthy and flaunted it, would it be any less tacky for a girl to blurt out to your face: "I love how filthy rich you are!!!"
My guess is most men would less offended then the women, although there is a decent subset of guys constantly going off on golddiggers who themselves encourage said behavior by talking about how they feel there wealth should affect how girls treat them, which would seem to parallel a woman who complains about the guys she interacts with when her external signals don;t equate her internal desires (or maybe they do, and like the golddigger guys, she's not wise enough to acknowledge that to herself).

·
Banned
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Well if they're flaunting anything it woul mean they want attention for it. I mean you can tell when a girl is trying to get attention with a picture. The thing I dont get is why they take these pictures an act all defensive when you tell something like, " hey mayb we should get together sometime and get it on!". Flaunting sexual physical assets is kin of saying to guys, hey I'm a sexual person. Bait and switch...And it's not eHarmony haha, what makes you assume I'm using hardcore dating-marriage sites? I'm usually going to sites with people in my age group where you just talk.

The thing that bothers the shit out of me is the lack of individuality. I forgot to add this. Everyone on these sites creates this persona that they want to portray to other people, hoping they find them attractive. Ya it makes sense to do, but it makes things difficult. I don't know about you guys, but I am interested in girls that tell you about the weird shit that makes them "themselves", or different.

If I was rich and a girl said that about my cash, I'd just be curious as to why they would say that. It's less personal than a girl saying "wow I wanna sit on your face!!!"...... A better example than the wealth one you used would be a girl complimenting a dude about his car. They've actually done studies that show that women are more likely to be attracted to guys who drive certain shaped cars haha, without even seeing the guy.

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
The thing I dont get is why they take these pictures an act all defensive when you tell something like, " hey mayb we should get together sometime and get it on!".
Oh, man... if this is how you usually start conversation with girls, I'm not really surprised about your bad luck. What do you want, anyway? A one night stand, a relationship, or what?

Flaunting sexual physical assets is kin of saying to guys, hey I'm a sexual person. Bait and switch...
You're treading dangerous waters here. Do you realise that similar reasoning is almost always used to justify rape? (I'm not saying you're likely to rape anyone, though).

The thing that bothers the shit out of me is the lack of individuality. I forgot to add this. Everyone on these sites creates this persona that they want to portray to other people, hoping they find them attractive. Ya it makes sense to do, but it makes things difficult. I don't know about you guys, but I am interested in girls that tell you about the weird shit that makes them "themselves", or different.
Of course I am interested in individuality. However, I find it quite unlikely that every single girl you met isn't individualistic.

A better example than the wealth one you used would be a girl complimenting a dude about his car. They've actually done studies that show that women are more likely to be attracted to guys who drive certain shaped cars haha, without even seeing the guy.
Oh? I don't have a car and so far, I've had good luck with women (and men, for that matter) :cool:

What you've written so far is a kind of self-fulfilling prophecy. You expect girls to be shallow, mushy and conceited, and you blame your failure on it. I mean, what do YOU have to offer? Become interested in them. Girls are people (surprise!), they have hobbies, quirks, they can be deep and complex. That is, if you really want to get to know a girl, treat her like a person, not like a walking pair of tits. Exercise you Fe, man ;)

·
Registered
620 Posts
Not an ENTP, but I can kind of relate to what you are saying, I too live in a small ******* town with no interesting people and the only people in real life that i spend time with are my family members and my coworkers. I'm getting kind of bored with the dating sites and was there to meet new people and to just date around, but so far I haven't met anybody who really interested me. I have ran into those overly romantic needy type of guys, the controlling anxious types, and the average everyday moron ******* guy. I will admit that the stupid ******* guys kind of amuse me, but I cant be around them for very long because they can get annoying. I am kind of dating one of my coworkers who happens to be bisexual, he flirts with the other male coworkers and sometimes kisses them in the bathroom, and he also likes to make up stories which can kind of be amusing in a cute way.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Oh dating websites I've made one in the past. Mostly so I could have some shits and giggles. But also because I was curious about who would reply to me. Mostly I'd go around trolling the girls saying stuff like "I'm looking for a strong dominant female in my life, can i be your litter box". Or I'll go to their profile skim their about me for things they hate and then send a message reflecting those things it was swell.

Reactions: theflavouroflife
1 - 14 of 14 Posts