Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what did everyone do for halloween. Did you go trick-or-treating, pass out candy or visit a halloween attraction, and what was it like?

Unfortunately I didn't get to do much for halloween, I stayed up late last night and ended up waking past 6:00 and my dad forgot I wanted to visit a halloween attraction :sad::angry: so we just went to sonic.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
halloween? What? when?

I didnt even notice it wast that time of year and did nothing. Just an ordinary day as usual. Quite bad at remembering all the non-big celebration events. Only notice christmas and new year, since EVERYONE talks about those two.

·
Registered
743 Posts
No Halloween in Australia. :laughing:

·
Registered
305 Posts
I generally ignore it and wait till November 5th, which is bonfire night/guy fawkes night back in the UK.

Watching stuff blow up in the sky, hearing loud explosions, being impressed by different patterns in the night sky, and burning an effigy on one very very big fire....not too mention the fast food and good hot drinks to boot.

What more could an ISTP ask for?

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Halloween isn't a holiday here, we get the horror movies and stuff, but dressing up is saved for carnival in February. On that note, I'm far too prude to like it. I hate carnival and I hate dressing myself up. I also hate having to 'act' in a theater play.

I've always had that though, ever since I'm 12 or so, of course I was kind of forced to sit through it occasionally though :bored:

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I don't really do the whole holiday thing. My favorite holiday is columbus day, since everyone is off, but it's still just a normal day. My grandma always has nice candy sitting around at halloween though :tongue:

I should put candy out for columbus day...

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
No Halloween tradition here. We have the All Saints' Day in a week. Of course nobody has cared about church saints for a long time; that night is for taking candles to the loved ones' graves.

I pretty much like dressing up but as Halloween is being imported by the shop chains for the commercial reasons I don't really feel like supporting it. I don't support shooting tax-payers' money to the skies, either. Yeah, I think I am boring, too.

Reactions: Indigo Aria

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
I never understood people's obsession for dressing up. I hate dressing up.

I went to a bonfire, but it was just hanging out, and it really had nothing to do with Halloween.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I never understood people's obsession for dressing up. I hate dressing up.
Maybe I'm just childish. When i was a school I switched styles to match my mood: if I was pissed off or something I could do punk, when I felt colorful I could have a hippie day and so on. Now I'm supposed to wear suit every day. It saves effort, of course, but at times it gets boring. I assume other women do "fashion" but those silly badly made clothes just don't fit me anyway, so I don't bother. Also, I'd like to sew something difficult and highly impractical just to see that I can do it.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
^Yeah, most of the clothes out there don't fit me either. Which is probably why I don't even bother.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Last time I celebrated halloween was when I was 12, so 10 years ago. Nowadays its just same shit different day to me. All I did was watch Hellsing and play the original Nightmare house mod for HL2 (cant play the second one sadly, no HL2 episode 2, and I can't afford it at the moment.).

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Since only istps seem to be posting and for some reason none seem to care about halloween, I want the other personality types to know they can post about what they did on halloween just in case they needed to know.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm ISTP.. i love dressing up for different events.. i just have fun..
for halloween i partied for the 29th and 30th but stayed home to rest with my gf on 31st.

i dressed up as a chola lol :proud:

i didn't really put much effort into my costume much .. i only just gangbanged my face with a crayon lol

and stuff my boobs and butt with towels

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
I'm ISTP.. i love dressing up for different events.. i just have fun..
for halloween i partied for the 29th and 30th but stayed home to rest with my gf on 31st.

i dressed up as a chola lol :proud:

i didn't really put much effort into my costume much .. i only just gangbanged my face with a crayon lol

and stuff my boobs and butt with towels
Can't help but lawl at the n00b banana

I do remember the last time I ever dressed up on halloween was as a Biker Zombie.
This was the first year of truly being inside. Usually id hang out with friends and either roam around graveyards or play D&D. (I love using clerics for some reason. They are like paladins, just much more freedom in play style.)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Is it super lame to say that I was supposed to go to a local graveyard to walk around, but we were turned away regardless of a personal attempt to sneak in anyways? I wasn't going to cause any more trouble than it was worth. Instead I watched Halloween and multiple episodes of the CW show Supernatural to celebrate my need to participate in the Festival of Samhain.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts