Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
By using the objective means of one's graphic indicators, it becomes easier, and more accurate, to type someone.
There are four main movements in handwriting - each associated with a Jungian function.
They are:

1. "thinking" makes the stroke smaller
2. "sensing" makes the stroke heavier
3. "intuition" makes the stroke lighter
4. "feeling" makes the stroke more expansive

Lisa

·
Registered
31 Posts
Darkest Hour-
It is difficult to work off of that "sample"!
I use a caliper, and make pretty exact measurements for the most accurate work. Original handwritings are best as I need to see pressure patterns, also.
Off the cuff, you have primary "thinking" with secondary "intuition.
Regards,
Lisa

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not my theory! Based on European research on Ania Teillard, a Jungian analyst/graphologist that worked with Jung for 20 years.
I am presenting my graduate thesis material, along this vein, in Toronto at the annual Energy Psychology conference - not an easy thing to get accepted to.:happy:

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
--HERBERT SPENCER

·
Registered
457 Posts
So according to the theory, the size of your letters, and the amount of pressure you apply when writing are related to one's preferences? What assumptions does the theory make? I think this idea is incorrect, but you haven't given enough information about it.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
--HERBERT SPENCER
Nice quote, but isn't the burden of proof still on you?

I also find it interesting that your type is still "Unknown Personality". Your postcount is over 15, so you can give us a link to your site, correct?. I skimmed the blog in your sig, and the way the information there was presented, it doesn't seem to be as universal as you imply in the OP.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't use the MBTI coding - nor do most Jungians. I am an Intuitive feeler, with balance extraversion/introversion. Thinking is a strong tertiary function.
I refer you to the work of Katherine Benziger, Ph.D. on the physiology of the Jungian functions.
Benziger Thinking Styles AssessmentBenziger THE PHYSIOLOGY OF TYPE: JUNG’S FOUR FUNCTIONS
Her research, and her credentials, are highly regarded. In her system, I am a double right, with frontal left strong, making me a tri-modal thinker.
She brings the neuroscience to personality...

·
Registered
344 Posts
...last time I checked graphology was firmly regarded as a psuedoscience.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
This looks really interesting.
However i am not 18 yet nor do i live in USA so too bad for me!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm not sure where you might be going for information as research is supportive of this. Do you check original sources?
The field of energy medicine and energy psychology is exploding.

I have been chosen to present at the annual Canadian Energy Psychology conference in Toronto, this November. It is very, very difficult to get accepted - CE credits are being offered.
:happy:
While some that really don't know about this field, might, without proper information, form an opinion as yours, that isn't the truth. In 1903 (107 years ago) Harvard psychologist, Gordon Allport, in the study of human expressive gestures said that handwriting is a "crystallized gesture." The University of Chicago has a growing program in the study of gestures!

Just as you can tell much the look on someones face, how someone walks, gesticulates, tonal quality, one can tell much from how one "moves" on paper!

As a guest lecturer at the Univ. of WI in the forensic science department, there is much too that can be gleaned regarding integrity and criminal profiling!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The fact that you don't live in the US doesn't matter. One can analyze the handwriting of any language because, again, the genesis of writing is neural impulses! Though we live in different countries, we all have a brain!

·
Registered
457 Posts
There are four main movements in handwriting - each associated with a Jungian function.
They are:

1. "thinking" makes the stroke smaller
2. "sensing" makes the stroke heavier
3. "intuition" makes the stroke lighter
4. "feeling" makes the stroke more expansive
Can you provide evidence to back this up? What assumptions are needed to reach this conclusion?

The fact that you don't live in the US doesn't matter. One can analyze the handwriting of any language because, again, the genesis of writing is neural impulses! Though we live in different countries, we all have a brain!
What would affect the quality of the analysis?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts