Personality Cafe banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of handwriting do the rest of you INTJs have?

Mine is messy. Always has been and always will be, since I don't think it's worth my time to correct something like that. I'm a generally neat person, along with being a girl, so nice handwriting seems to be an expectation. That said, it's perfectly legible, just a little messed up. I have a theory that I am actually meant to be left-handed but was taught or assumed to be right-handed. I curve my wrist when I write, which is something that many/most lefties do, as well as wear watches on my right wrist and do certain activities left-handed. I suppose I use this theory as an excuse for how messy my handwriting is.

So is messy handwriting a 'thing' with INTJs? Do many of you have it, for some reason like how we are too busy doing more important things than mastering calligraphy, especially in the age of Microsoft Word?

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
My INTJ uncle was obsessed with perfecting his handwriting.
I think mine is slightly messy, but other people marvel at it's "beauty". It's slanted, narrow, spiky, hasty, and clumped up. I never paid too much attention to improving it, though.
I remember reading something in a book about graphology about how your handwriting reveals stuff about your personality.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I remember reading something in a book about graphology about how your handwriting reveals stuff about your personality.
There are people that study handwriting for a living. All mine says is that I have multiple personality disorder :p I have about a dozen different styles of handwriting, both left and right handed in both printing and cursive. They're all very different.

I learned about studying people through handwriting when I was still a child, so I came up with the cunning and devious plan of having multiple styles just to mess up anyone who was trying to study me through my handwriting. It really screwed up my teachers when I would switch styles mid-sentence. It really, really screwed them up when I would start writing in mirror!

Nope, I'm not an INTJ at all :D

·
Registered
227 Posts
According to studies, the faster your thinking process the sloppier your handwriting.
I can vouch for that, thoughts fly in my head at lightning speed, it's impossible for
my hand to keep up with my brain if I'm to watch my calligraphy.

Reactions: Ballast

·
Registered
335 Posts
What kind of handwriting do the rest of you INTJs have?

Mine is messy. Always has been and always will be, since I don't think it's worth my time to correct something like that. I'm a generally neat person, along with being a girl, so nice handwriting seems to be an expectation. That said, it's perfectly legible, just a little messed up. I have a theory that I am actually meant to be left-handed but was taught or assumed to be right-handed. I curve my wrist when I write, which is something that many/most lefties do, as well as wear watches on my right wrist and do certain activities left-handed. I suppose I use this theory as an excuse for how messy my handwriting is.

So is messy handwriting a 'thing' with INTJs? Do many of you have it, for some reason like how we are too busy doing more important things than mastering calligraphy, especially in the age of Microsoft Word?
People complain that my cursive writing is hard to read. I practise calligraphy as a hobby and so when people claim they can't read my writing, I usually just laugh. Writing, as with most other art forms like music and poetry is seldom understood properly by those who aren't artists themselves. Also, most people I know haven't seen cursive writing since grade 8.

Reactions: Delilah

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can read cursive writing and I know some of the basics of it, but it was only taught in elementary school where I live. Hence why the most difficult part of SATs is writing the statement about how you didn't cheat, since it has to be cursive. Improvisation occurs for some letters.

I know someone whose handwriting is literally illegible, unless he's doing calligraphy. He's very good at it, it's just time consuming.

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
My handwriting was messed up after going to the university, because I have to write quickly, and the results are rather bad. Sometimes I have trouble understanding what I wrote.
BTW, here I have a sample of my handwriting when I try to do something less horrid:
Text Line Document Paper Handwriting

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts