Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,229 Posts
Ya if im on a caffeine high that simulates being manic I can

Otherwise I'm trying to maintain serenity and in the moments when joy naturally comes I suppose I consider it a blessing rather than a necessary validation of my self worth. I try but fail often

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
When I'm happy I'm easily the happiest person that ever existed throughout history. When I'm sad it's the same thing only backwards. Being me is like being permanently stuck on an eternal roller coaster that shoots up to the stars and falls down into the very last circles of hell. It's a ride I tell ya!

I'd reckon most INFPs are halfway borderline. (in that; no matter what we feel - we always feel intensely.)

·
Banned
17,148 Posts
Ive been described as an extremely happy person by others. This is because when I around them i've been sort of high on life moods. Where I talk and do crazy things and laugh like a manic man until they go where I calm down. I think it's also because I don't get sad in front of people. People try and catch me in a mood when i'm quiet but I usually am not and if I am I won't tell them. So every time they see me it's all smiles, how could someone who does nothing but smile be sad? :)

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
When I'm happy I'm easily the happiest person that ever existed throughout history. When I'm sad it's the same thing only backwards. Being me is like being permanently stuck on an eternal roller coaster that shoots up to the stars and falls down into the very last circles of hell. It's a ride I tell ya!

I'd reckon most INFPs are halfway borderline. (in that; no matter what we feel - we always feel intensely.)
This, this, a thousand times this! But I wouldn't have it any other way. If I aspire to anything it's the antithesis of the void.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yes, kind of; I get excited very easily but I'm prone to feeling very depressed, although it doesn't take too much to cheer me up. :)

·
Registered
541 Posts
Yes. I usually have very happy and almost maniac feeling periods.. And then I fall down in some sort of a mildly depression, until it turns around again.
I think it has something to do with my idealistic way to live and high expectations of my surroundings. Whenever things don't go the way I want them to go, I become very frustrated and depressed. On the other hand, when I am in my happy mood I can accomplish a huge amount of things.. such as writing, painting, reading, learning. I've just been in that period for a little month, but the last week I have been very depressed. When I was younger the borderline between the two periods would be paper thin, and I constantly switched from being depressed and hating my self, to be happy, flirty and joyful. Now I am so much aware of the 'issue' that I know that whatever I am feeling at the moment will change. And I have to remember my happy periods because they will come back again sooner or later.

But back to start again.. yes when I am happy, I am really really happy even when bad things happens. And love to motivate other people, and make a use of my happiness. Just a shame that it never lasts, but at least I have longer periods of happiness than the periods of depression.
And it comforts me to know that I've become more and more happy the last couple of years, so if I keep going I am sure that my happiness in the future will be much more dominating :)

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Any other INFP people that like to think you're the happiest most positive person ever.. until you get out of the mood again?
sometimes i think i found the formula to happiness, and it seems to work for a while, but in general, i think i'm probably more unhappy that 80% of the people around me.

·
Registered
384 Posts
When I had my really happy periods, people asked me of i were in love, or on drugs or being manic. So yeah I can relate to this very much. I sleep less, i've become way more social and active...it's actually kind of strange to become so diffrent from who i normally im. Because I also become very confindent and talkative. To everybody...feeling unstopable. Maybe it's a form of being bi-polair it woundn't suprise me. Whatever feelings I have it's very intense, and my mood seems to swich, but not a lot, a emotion can be fixed for a state of time like in periods of time, but my happy times are mostly shorter (like for a month or so) then my depressed states. So I can feel depressed for months or longer...Once I've become that state it's very hard for me to get out of it again. The same is for the happiness thing, when Im really really happy even when bad things happen it cannot pull me out of it. And I have more normal times, not too happy not too sad, and with generally lower selfesteem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts