1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If someone you're close to forgot your birthday, you would:

* Expect an apology, but let it go

* Wait for them to bring it up, and then give them an earful

* Confront them and make them feel really bad about it?

If none of these fit your answer, what WOULD you do?

~I would take it personally, but never mention it :laughing:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Depending on who it was that forgot, I would either say nothing or I would wait until later in the day (just in case they didn't forget) and say something in a jokingly way like... "Did you forget what today is?? :p" Actually, i'm not so sure I would mention it, because then it might seem like I was expecting a gift or something haha. I wouldn't expect an apology at all, because it's not like they forgot on purpose. I would only be pretty hurt if it was actually my parents, significant other, or brother that forgot.

I love when it's someones birthday though. I'm always the one who waits up and watches the clock until it's midnight on the dot to call or text the person and sing/type "HAPPPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYY BIIIIIIIIIIIRTHDAYYYYYYY TO YOUUUU HAPPPPPY BIRTHDAYYYY TO YOUUUU..............!!!!"

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love when it's someones birthday though. I'm always the one who waits up and watches the clock until it's midnight on the dot to call or text the person and sing/type "HAPPPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYY BIIIIIIIIIIIRTHDAYYYYYYY TO YOUUUU HAPPPPPY BIRTHDAYYYY TO YOUUUU..............!!!!"
:laughing: I know what ya mean Mina Ive kinda appointed myself the "birthday' monitor at work.I buy the card and pass it around for everyone to sign.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I wouldn't say anything, if they forgot and apologized I'd be cool with that but it's not like they have to wish me happy birthday or anything. It's just the nice thing to do :p With close friends, I usually wait til midnight and wish them happy birthday too. :proud:

Reactions: fishier3000

·
Registered
751 Posts
I'm surprised I'm in the minority here, but if it were someone really close to me I'd be kind of upset! I probably wouldn't say anything to them and then maybe tell them happy birthday a day late or at the very last second or something. I'm not proud of that passive aggressive side of myself, but it's probably what I'd do. D:

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
the closest people to me don't know my birthday, haha. It's just not something I really care about. I do go out of my way to wish my friends happy birthday, though.

Oh...my ISTP best friend didn't even say anything to his gf on her birthday...I wouldn't expect anything on mine.

·
Registered
959 Posts
the closest people to me don't know my birthday, haha. It's just not something I really care about. I do go out of my way to wish my friends happy birthday, though.

Oh...my ISTP best friend didn't even say anything to his gf on her birthday...I wouldn't expect anything on mine.
If it wasn't for facebook I'm sure only about 3-5 of my friends would even remember my birthday lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts