Personality Cafe banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I came across this quote today so I thought I would put it here with my kitty!!!!! And my swords because then she looks all badass too.

It’s by Ralph Waldo Emerson, though I haven’t read any of his stuff. Just come across quotes here and there on the internet. I heard that’s he’s written a lot of good stuff. So I might read some stuff online or go to the library and borrow something of his one of these days.

Already have a super long book list, though I actually prefer wandering through the shelves and just picking up whatever catches my interest.

It’s definitely important to trust your heart, but you also have to go do research so you have a strong enough string to vibrate to. Lol. I kinda like the rest of the quote too.

“Trust thyself: every heart vibrates to that iron string. Accept the place the divine providence has found for you, the society of your contemporaries, the connection of events. Great men have always done so, and confided themselves childlike to the genius of their age, betraying their perception that the absolutely trustworthy was seated at their heart, working through their hands, predominating in all their being. And we are now men, and must accept in the highest mind the same transcendent destiny; and not minors and invalids in a protected corner, not cowards fleeing before a revolution, but guides, redeemers, and benefactors, obeying the Almighty effort, and advancing on Chaos and the Dark.”

I think it’s really true and modern society is a little weird. Everybody says they like to travel. And so they travel. Then you get to the new place, and you take a lot of photos, then you come back.

And then in the process of travelling, you didn’t know there was cool shit happening in your own backyard as well.

What is the point of travelling but to broaden your mind? If you travel often enough, and meet a lot of people, you’ll realise that people across the world are all pretty much the same. As in, there’s good and bad in every person, and it’s a bit like how certain genes of ours is only expressed under certain circumstances. Some people only do bad stuff because of their environment, some do good stuff regardless of their environment, but it’s a crapshoot to which you are. There are so many factors that play into this.

The most important of which I find is education. Through a mentor, which can come in the form of a teacher at school, a friend, parents, siblings, or even a book.

Do you realise people travel to your country to see what you have in your backyard? Something as simple as the trees or birds can attract people there. So, why are people traveling so much nowadays and ignoring all the cool stuff happening around them in everyday life? You only get one life at one time in one place, so a lot of people in the future or in another place would actually find what’s happening to you everyday pretty interesting. Just a matter of when and where.

Don’t get me wrong, traveling is important, but also has to be in moderation. I do like to travel, but I also like staying at home. :D

In the past, we didn’t have the internet, so travelling broadens one’s breadth. But with so much information and instantaneous communication going around nowadays, the more important thing now is definitely depth.

Kinda like playing with hello kitty for a really long time so you have to find a lot of new ways to entertain yourself. Probably why the new iterations of kitty are always so popular hahahah.

Man, I really need to control my hello kitty kick eheeheheh. But I really wanted this one. :D haha. She’s really cute. One of her petals cover her arm cos it’s bigger. It’s a bit asymmetrical, so she looks even more adorable cos she looks like a real flower since some flowers are a little misshapen ahah.

Lol I wish I can just play around hahahahaahah. I haven’t read or edited anything yet. :| kitty is too engrossing. Lol.

I should go drink some water and get down to work!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts