Personality Cafe banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a super long chat with mum. Oh gosh so tired. So much ne going on. A lot of dicussion about possibilities. Managed to worm my way out of going to the boring cutlery exhibit. Now I can write at home yay!

Mum: Now that my daugher has given me courage, I’m not afraid to do anything! You make me feel brave. :D

Me: :D:D:D:D

Eheheheheheh! We were talking about the future in the morning. And I gave her some ideas/ideals. I mean, why not, right? My mum is 57 this year. She worked 31 years with the company. And they don’t treat her well. But that’s what companies do. They only look out for their bottom line, so if they can get away with paying you less, why not? There was an economic study done where you earn more by changing jobs every one or two years and getting a salary upgrade from it if you can. My mum didn’t explore upgrading her skills in the past. But now she has!

She has another ten years to work or so. And she’ll spend about a year or two in training. She won’t get a good pay at first, but it should increase quickly, especially with her experience. But I think more than being paid more in the end, my mum will feel better about herself from being able to do this.

It’s kind of sad right? When a country develops so quickly, and moves from agriculture to manufacturing to knowledge-based and service economy, there’s always going to be generations that are kinda left behind. Something that you were once valued for now becomes useless, so you feel kinda lost as well. It’s not that they don’t want to learn, just that they weren’t brought up to value the same kinds of things or in an environment that encourages education when you already have daily life necessities to worry over.

Always really liked this quote:

“The science of government it is my duty to study, more than all other sciences; the arts of legislation and administration and negotiation ought to take the place of, indeed exclude, in a manner, all other arts. I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. Our sons ought to study mathematics and philosophy, geography, natural history and naval architecture, navigation, commerce and agriculture in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry, music, architecture, statuary, tapestry and porcelain.” - John Adams

Hrm. ANYWAY. Hahaha today I started with the no writing after 6pm and I ended up sneaking some writing in. Somehow it feels very nice to write when I’m not supposed to lolololol. I ended up being more productive doing my writing after the deadline. Kekekeke. So yeah, I will continue with this arbitrary deadline just to spur myself on.

I finished another part. But erh, it was supposed to be a half-part, and it became a full part. So…. This is taking longer than expected. As usual. =X

I just read finish Quiet today. Omg. It speaks to my heart. I feel like someone took my spirit and ideal world and just painted it on a page. Oh gosh. Even the way the book is written is so quiet and energising haha. I feel so energised reading it. Some books are too boring, some are too exciting… well, not TOO, but boring books I tend to slowly drift off to sleep. Too exciting I feel drained after. Quiet is so recharging. I don’t think it’s just the subject matter, but the writing style too. Different books have different voices, like people!

Haha I feel so happy, like I just exited lala-land. Is she an infp???

Oooo her twitter says she’s an infp. Hahahahaaahha no wonder!!!! Feel like I was exchanging brainwaves with the book. Synchronising all up in this business.

Hehehehehehe I feel so recharged now.

I WILL EDIT NOW!

Day 188
Pushuping 10: 53=
Food Recording: 188=
Dancing: 71
Freeing: 71=
Morning writing: 98=
Exercising: 130
Writing 2k: 126
Napping 2pm: 60=

After 6pm
Editing: 53
Publishing, read: 8
Wording 3: 36
Squatting 20: 27

Reading: 106=
Reading 1hr: 4=
Thanking: 49
Languaging: 108
Scripting: 21

Drawing: 57
Pianoing: 86
Teaching: 32=
ProjHing: 17
Side writing: 12
Gaming 11pm:

Backuping: 42
Saving: 29
Brushing 10pm: 103
Stretching: 72
Sleeping 1am: 61

Sticker Days 107 108 109 114 121 122 152
Hit average: 1635/180 = 9.08

Fun Elaboration
Napping: 1 hour nap before 2pm
Exercising: Walking/climb stairs r40/swimming r32/survey corps/abs.
Editing: B1P1E2
Publishing: Read books.
Languaging: Thai & Norsk. Videos.
Reading, 1hr: 100 hours read = 1 eraser!
Scripting: Tempest Scene A2S2. Hamlet/Aida/LotR. Research format and dialogue
Thanking: Art of War
ProjHing: Brainstorm and Research.
Drawing: Mindmaps. Plants. Colour Pencils Technique. Colour Theory. Charcoal.
Pianoing: Chord video. Minor scales, chords. Music theory.
Saving: 1 June 2015, 1-29 August 2015 Done: July 2015
Teaching Mum stuff
1. Give her audiobook links on youtube
2. Buy a good primary Maths assessment book
3. Research more on her eng and maths test format
4. Find out Chinese teaching courses for her
5. Look around websites to see what other courses she can take in the meantime

Stuff
Find out aunt’s holiday days
Buy chilli ingredients, oreo, cornflakes, garlic spread
Check phone
Practice headband hairstyles