Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I honestly feel like i can agree with so many different types
i feel like i have two sides that are somewhat conflicting but i manage to keep them together

i love to argue and use my quick wit and have many of the qualities of an E/INTP and this is the type i most identify with.
but i have a totally different side that sees everything subjective as just as valuable as my precious ENTP objectivity.

Reactions: trice

·
Registered
255 Posts
but i have a totally different side that sees everything subjective as just as valuable as my precious ENTP objectivity.
You may reasonably conclude that your values and criteria have their basis, emotionally. This would be true for all types I think. After all to be human is to be subjectibe no? It depends on how you came to this conclusion and how you make decisions which would determine T/F.

That said, MBTI type only measures tendencies and it very possible to have a highly empathetic ENTP. More information though is needed. What other types do you think you could be? ENFP?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
definitely possibly ENFP
sometimes i even feel like ISFP
though i guess my NTP makes me push away my SF compulsions so would that mean that even though i express the ISFP the NTP part is more prevalent because it dominates me even when i behave according to the SF

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
ENFPs use FiTe as their judging functions. They introvert their feelings (use subjective feelings) and extravert their logic (use objective logic).
ENTPs use TiFe as their judging functions. They introvert their logic (use subjective logic) and extravert their feelings (use objective feelings).

So to decide whether you are ENTP or ENFP you simply have to determine for yourself which set of judging functions you are using, TiFe or TeFi. This article may help you decide:
personalitycafe.com/articles/28997-explaining-ti-fi-types.html

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That article was very interesting and helped me a lot with understanding types however it only confused me more in terms of what to type myself
When I read the description for the FeTi i agree with that one and when i read the description for the TeFi i agree with it

I feel like i flip a switch between Fe Fi Te and Ti all of the time
I can't really say if i view logic objectively or subjectively because I'm having a hard time distinguishing some feelings from thoughts. My life is governed by reason but recently I've had several epiphanies that make sense to me logically but may not make sense to someone else (specifically the idea of oneness). Its a concept that I felt (thanks to entheogens) but having felt it, its now part of my repertoire of experience that fits into my logic because I understand the feeling of its truth. However I'm not sure i could say that what I reasoned to be true is objectively true because I can't say with any certainty that anything is objectively true. However, when I am feeling something, I am still analyzing it all logically. I have found that i am usually able to reason away emotional reactions. I use reason to make choices but sometimes I will act the way I feel even if I logically disagree. At times in not even sure what I think logically because I see the potential merit in many ideas. When i hear a problem I think of all of the possible solutions and try to logically weigh the pros and cons, my feelings being one of the things i factor. ie Pro-it makes me feel good. I'm not sure where this puts me...I appreciate the help =]

"FeTi prompts us to deal with ethics and morality collectively, according to a more generalized standard that we can all agree to be bound by, while dealing with logic and impersonal ideas in a more individualized and subjective way, seeking only to find what makes sense logically to the individual."

I think ethics are very case specific and no specific rule can be bound to every situation, but i don't think that a sociopath is ethically allowed to kill because in his mind it was the right thing to do. Slavery was still wrong even though most of society believed it to be acceptable. I'm not sure whether my logic is subjective because when i use that same frame of logic in debates (I love debating) I am able to convince people of my point. I believe that there IS an objective truth but because of the subjectivity of perception/consciousness we can never be sure what that truth is, only get closer to it based on our observations.

Also every test I've taken has told me that i am xNTP

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
... its now part of my repertoire of experience that fits into my logic because I understand the feeling of its truth. However I'm not sure i could say that what I reasoned to be true is objectively true because I can't say with any certainty that anything is objectively true. However, when I am feeling something, I am still analyzing it all logically. I have found that i am usually able to reason away emotional reactions. I use reason to make choices but sometimes I will act the way I feel even if I logically disagree.
Yeah it sounds like you are using introverted logic. If you use extraverted logic you wouldn't wonder what whether something is true at its very essence because extraverted logic takes whatever is acceptable by outside standards to be its absolute truth. Introverted logic is the one that wanders around and tries to go all the way down to the root, to the absolute truth, even if at the end you find yourself stuck doing this.

So xNTP you are. If you read descriptions of Ne vs Ti which one would you say is your dominant function?

·
Banned
193 Posts
Yeah, typing by profile descriptions can be confusing many different types can reach the same qualities by different means. Cognitive functions reveal the real type. Many ENTPs may look like feelers by using Extraverted feeling a lot, but they aren't ENFPs because ENFPs mainly use introverted feeling for a feeling expression.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I definitely have the feeling of detachment of Ti and i feel that sort of detachment except when I'm fully immersed in some sort of activity (debating/arguing being a big one). Even alone I am detached and can sort of look at my own actions and analyze them logically.
In social situations i feel especially detached unless the conversation goes to something i deem interesting or have some opinion about in which case i fully immerse myself in that conversation and get energy out of those types of social situations. Otherwise i enjoy being around people but usually a close group of friends or a group of friends and their close friends in a situation where there are always people I know.

On the other hand my Ne is there. One of my favorite things to do it argue for sport and to challenge myself. Sometimes im not sure what i really think because I can see the argument for both as logically valid and have trouble claiming i hold something to be true based merely on feeling
i get bored of things easily (reading more than one book at once, stumbling to the next page before ive even read past the headline of the current one. ) when a topic grabs my interest it REALLLLLY grabs it (most recent obsession is MBTI)
i've read that my desire to learn all of the types well so that when im out in public i can play the classifying game, is related to Ne
routine bothers me and i love novelty but I rarely stray from my basic routine once it is established
i have endless little interests and obsessions that i get bored with easily

i couldn't choose Ne or Ti because they are so different and equally important to me and they work off of one another

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
So what about Si? How do you relate to it? Are you aware of using it? Is it anything you aspire to develop?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the interest and the help everyone. I spent pretty much all night on the forums here and figured it all out =]

I don't desire to develop, but I come up with many possible solutions
I guess my NTP nature made me want to prove the test didn't fully include me =P
Im ENTP/INTP with preference for E but more of a comfort with I

·
Banned
193 Posts
When you think about E versus I are you thinking in terms of cognitive functions or introversion versus extroversion? A lot of EN_Ps look introverted, and might even be described as such, but it's in the way we think and prioritize that revals our type.

If you have a hard time telling whether you use Ne or Ti first, then you could also look at whether Si or Fe makes you more uncomfortable. A video of you talking might help too.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its hard to choose because both apply. However sometimes using my Fe is make difficult by the over-thinking situations with people. I am always comfortable with Si but not as often with Fe, though I long very much to be able to use my Fe more and not have it cause me anxiety. I never know when it will give out on me

·
Registered
500 Posts
this is a great thread for an ENTP/INTP/ENFP trying to sort MBTI out in their head. I relate to almost everything with Ruski.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
this is a great thread for an ENTP/INTP/ENFP trying to sort MBTI out in their head. I relate to almost everything with Ruski.
Your not an INTP, are you? :shocked:
...oh, we're not in the ESFP forum anymore... :blushed:

More seriously then... Did you relate to vel's question in the same way that ruski did?

·
Registered
500 Posts
I don't desire to develop, but I come up with many possible solutions
I guess my NTP nature made me want to prove the test didn't fully include me =P
Im ENTP/INTP with preference for E
this is pretty much what I did, I didn't want to be in any of them.
help , Penchant?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Well, a side effect (or perhaps the true definition) of Extraversion/Introversion is that extroverted types have to expend effort to remain alone for a period of time, and regain said energy by being around others, and vice versa. That tends to work well, typing the first letter using that.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
this is pretty much what I did, I didn't want to be in any of them.
help , Penchant?
Ok, now Monday's passed so your done with your final... I hope you did well! :happy:

Yes, it could be a indication of Ne. It wouldn't surprise me if you're a Ne dominant.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
glad i could help pepp
I've basically identified myself with INTP/ENTP/INFP in that order descending

1 - 20 of 20 Posts