Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a correlation between personality type and whether or not you are a Harry Potter fan?

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I don't know. IS THERE?

I'm an INFP and the series holds a *very* dear place in my heart. That said, I started reading it when I was about ten, and the series ended up indirectly but significantly changing my life for the better. I don't know how I'd feel about the books if I picked them up for the first time now, at age 26.

And I hate the movies.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I don't think type would directly correlate to if you like a certain book or not. Though type could be connected with which type reads books more often and then through that it's most likely they have read a specific popular series, then on their own they decide if it is good or bad.

·
Registered
16,307 Posts
The people I know who don't like Harry Potter are actually pretty boring. So yes I'd say so indeed.

·
decorum worshiper
8,993 Posts
HP awesome, I actually just reread Goblet of Fire and in the middle of rereading Order of the Phoenix. I'm back home and saw them on my bookself and couldn't resist. I don't see why there would be a correlation to personality type though, it's the sort of thing that appeals to all sorts of people. Would be interesting to see the correlation between age and liking HP though. I'd say people who are currently 20-25 would win that, as they were growing up while the books were coming out, like I was.

The people I know who don't like Harry Potter are actually pretty boring. So yes I'd say so indeed.
Being boring is correlated with personality type?

·
Registered
16,307 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm ENTP, but I only watched the movie series this year. I love the series, and I read the book for Prisoner of Azkaban. I don't really have a preference between the book and the movie, because they're both rather good. :happy:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Being boring is correlated with personality type?[/QUOTE]

Some types might be more attracted to certain features in a type, and as a result find particular types more boring than others. But exclusively, no, definitely not.

·
Registered
710 Posts
INTP, I was a huge harry potter fan. Started to read it in 2001 when I was 10, my first book with so many pages. I remember that I couldn't understand English at the time and in the German translation there were some words like "sir" and I pronounced it very strange^^ same with the English names. I'm still laughing about it when I think of it.

There were not many people who didn't read the book at the time, I think we were the harry potter generation^^. I also liked the movies. I can't remember the last 2 books so well because I only read them once. I've read the others several times. Especially between 2001-2003 I had to wait for the 5th book and read the first 4 again and again ^^
I think I lost more and more interest when I was about 15/16. But HP still has a place in my heart certainly. I grew up with that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts