Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Every other report of him has him as a friendly guy who was amazing at networking. His gregariousness especially is unusual in his industry, and he had a real interest in taking risks on newcomers and weird little films when he saw the right stuff in them. I wouldn't have a solid guess, but he certainly doesn't scream 8 to me.

I suppose my point is that having an entitled, abusive approach towards women and treating them without proper perspective and empathy doesn't alone make an 8, and he certainly didn't seem "out of control" in respect to his personality - only in respect to his abuse of his women workers and colleagues. He could have just as easily been a 7 dominant, a 3 or a 9, y'know?

I agree on the Sx/So though, that fits his personality well.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I could easily see the guy being an 8, though I haven't read too much about him.

What I'm not sure of is sx/soc. What grounds are people basing that on? Him being a sexual predator? I mean, I hope people realize there's more to being a sx8 than coercing women into having sex... Actually, I would have guessed sx was lower in his stacking.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Is that so? I would have associated a sx-first on gregarious, individual interactions, as many filmmakers who worked with him recount, and so would be fairly necessary for his career.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Agreed on the sx/so but not on the 8w7. More likely a 7w8, considering how impulsive/thrill seeking his acts.
Good call.
another typology site suggests he's an 8w9.

In response to other replies, I know an 8w7 sx/so, guy is an absolute freak with women. Is an average looking guy yet has slept with 100s and 100s of women, totally domineering. Doesn't do anything untoward but his lust and energy is truly unbelievable.
Just loves them and leaves them without care.

I would guess 4 would be in his tritype as well. Most likely feeling insecure about being overweight and ugly, there seems a desire to 'make these women pay'.

As an sx/so 4 myself, I just don't see him being anything other than an 8 or 7

9, 1 and 2 out of the question
3 too domineering. Clearly didn't care about being admired
4 not sentimental enough
5 not withdrawn enough
6...nope. no desire for any emotional connection

He wanted complete control over his environment

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I could easily see the guy being an 8, though I haven't read too much about him.

What I'm not sure of is sx/soc. What grounds are people basing that on? Him being a sexual predator? I mean, I hope people realize there's more to being a sx8 than coercing women into having sex... Actually, I would have guessed sx was lower in his stacking.
His total desperation and lack of groundedness that people describe during the sexual 'encounters'.

The begging. Very much characteristics of an unhealthy sx/so

Also his activism and the fact that he was generally seen as 'likeable' by his peers & politicians. Probably has some level of social ease that an sx/sp wouldn't have

·
Banned
4,831 Posts
Good call.
another typology site suggests he's an 8w9.

In response to other replies, I know an 8w7 sx/so, guy is an absolute freak with women. Is an average looking guy yet has slept with 100s and 100s of women, totally domineering. Doesn't do anything untoward but his lust and energy is truly unbelievable.
Just loves them and leaves them without care.

I would guess 4 would be in his tritype as well. Most likely feeling insecure about being overweight and ugly, there seems a desire to 'make these women pay'.

As an sx/so 4 myself, I just don't see him being anything other than an 8 or 7

9, 1 and 2 out of the question
3 too domineering. Clearly didn't care about being admired
4 not sentimental enough
5 not withdrawn enough
6...nope. no desire for any emotional connection

He wanted complete control over his environment
7w8, impulse driven.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I'm glad other 8s are commenting...and disagreeing...

We don't really know what his core motives are. @rohan89 says domineering is his goal, but where is the evidence of that? The way he treated women is terrible, and the things that he did are reprehensible, but unless he says that it was for power, we're just projecting what we think onto his behavior.

I'm sick of people assuming that all bad people are 8s. An unhealthy two looks like an 8. Why isn't he an unhealthy 2? If he's in Hollywood, there's a pretty good chance that he's image oriented. And for someone that ugly to be in the image triad, it would make him incredibly insecure. Especially in Hollywood.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Harvey Weinstein is probably a ENTJ, they are the rapist of the Myers Briggs. “Hide your kids,hide your wife because they raping everybody out here”
maybe we should petition spam world to change their name from “the executives” to “the rapists” lol.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

We don't really know what his core motives are. @rohan89 says domineering is his goal, but where is the evidence of that? The way he treated women is terrible, and the things that he did are reprehensible, but unless he says that it was for power, we're just projecting what we think onto his behavior.

I'm sick of people assuming that all bad people are 8s. An unhealthy two looks like an 8. Why isn't he an unhealthy 2? If he's in Hollywood, there's a pretty good chance that he's image oriented. And for someone that ugly to be in the image triad, it would make him incredibly insecure. Especially in Hollywood.

I acknowledge that trying to type a guy like this would be controversial and I accept there will be criticism.

For what it's worth, the posts by others have changed by view. I believe he is most likely 7w8, followed by perhaps 8w9.

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts

Agreed. I rolled my eyes at the OP's type suggestion.

Treats some people like shit? Eight.
Treats some people like shit in order to get sex? Sx.

Not every sexual predator is an eight. Not every sexual predator is sx.

And let's be frank: beyond the sexual scandal, most people on here don't actually know anything about Harvey or his life/personality/whatever to be able to give an informed enough opinion on his type.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think there have been enough details in the accounts of the women to have some insight into his motivations. Power being one of them.
Agreed. I rolled my eyes at the OP's type suggestion.

Treats some people like shit? Eight.
Treats some people like shit in order to get sex? Sx.

Not every sexual predator is an eight. Not every sexual predator is sx.

And let's be frank: beyond the sexual scandal, most people on here don't actually know anything about Harvey or his life/personality/whatever to be able to give an informed enough opinion on his type.

·
Banned
4,227 Posts
I also see Harvey Weinstein as a type 7, not a type 8. And I also think there is enough information to make a decent case for 7 over other types, as opposed to chalking him up to being untypable.

What stands out to me about Weinstein's behavior is more the addictiveness and inability to restrain desires to the point of having a serious personal problem. The "domineering" is there too no doubt, but it's the addictiveness of his behavior rather than the intensity that seems like a more important cue to me.

The key thing to look at, as I see it, is whether addiction looks different in 7's than it does in 8's even when the addiction itself (drugs, sex, alcohol, etc) is the same - and how Weinstein reflects the sex addiction. I lean towards 7 because of the cover ups and maneuvering that Weinstein used to continue the high, so to speak. Although 8's can be strategic, 7's in particular have a skill for maneuvering around trouble or talking their way out of it for long periods of time while still scrambling to satisfy their high threshold for stimulation. Even when they aren't doing anything illegal they have to think "up," and their constant need for that helps them strategize in a positive way even when satisfaction is scarce. In short, I have a hard time seeing an 8 (especially SX 8) successfully cover something like this up as long as Weinstein has. 8's, especially SX 8 need to make a flamboyant, controversial point of themselves, even beyond getting their own needs met.

For Weinstein, I say Type 7. Not sure that the instinct or wing particularly matter much, but would guess SX or possibly SO and w8.

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
I think there have been enough details in the accounts of the women to have some insight into his motivations. Power being one of them.
Completely disagree. That would be like asking the people you've fucked over or treated like shit to give an account of your personality and then using just that as a basis for typing. They're going to get some things right, but it's all second-hand information with a very narrow perspective.

EDIT: as an aside, sexual crimes are often about power. But power and the abuse of it, again, is not specific to eight.

Reactions: Paradigm

·
Premium Member
INFJ 4w3 sp/sx
1,553 Posts
Sometimes I laugh my ass off when I read about this guy. Not because I find the things he did funny - hell no - but because he is so fucked. His public life and even his social life in general are over. Never saw someone falling from such a height and having their ass annihilated this way.

I agree that he is either an 8 or a 7 - I can see no other type for him. This thread has convinced me that 7 actually makes more sense.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I don't think that sexual 8s ever rape people... they can seduce whoever they want and they're assured of their power anyway and an 8w7 probably wouldn't have gotten caught like he did anyway.

Raping is mostly done by 1w2 through 4w5 and maybe some 6s. Maybe 7s to get sex but not power. So/sp is the stacking most likely to rape.

·
Registered
451 Posts
My impression of Harvey Weinstein is that of a New York version of "boss hogg", charcuterie replaces fried chicken. Sp 9/8 space.

Piggy glitz, appetite, consumption. Ethereal disconnections from reality. Bubbles. Cellulite bubbles. "Chic" scruff to hide his fat neck.

...and a cadre of half-innocent starlets, prostituting themselves to this pig for a foot in the door.

#MeToo

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
My impression of Harvey Weinstein is that of a New York version of "boss hogg", charcuterie replaces fried chicken. Sp 9/8 space.

Piggy glitz, appetite, consumption. Ethereal disconnections from reality. Bubbles. Cellulite bubbles. "Chic" scruff to hide his fat neck.

...and a cadre of half-innocent starlets, prostituting themselves to this pig for a foot in the door.

#MeToo
Tbh I know nothing about this guy, but I can see that vibe.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
as an 8 myself, id like to think 8's would follow a code of honor/justice more than taking advantage of the weak...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts