Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
3,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something I've noticed on here, when people are typing celebrities (I mean in threads where it's like "Type the celebrity!" not websites where they have lists of famous people and their MBTI types), they almost always get typed as intuitives, unless they're entertainers. Same thing with fictional characters from television shows/movies/books. Especially really "positive" (by which I mean most people view in a positive light or have a positive opinion of) celebrities are typed as intuitives. Disliked celebrities are usually typed as sensors.

Anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I've noticed that some people do this a little bit too. I think it's because they type celebrities they like and the thought of a celebrity they like sharing some/all letters in common with them is pleasant.

Edit: Totally forgot to add this: And since most people on PerC are intuitives it makes sense.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Something I've noticed on here, when people are typing celebrities (I mean in threads where it's like "Type the celebrity!" not websites where they have lists of famous people and their MBTI types), they almost always get typed as intuitives, unless they're entertainers. Same thing with fictional characters from television shows/movies/books. Especially really "positive" (by which I mean most people view in a positive light or have a positive opinion of) celebrities are typed as intuitives. Disliked celebrities are usually typed as sensors.

Anyone else noticed this?
Since this "almost always" happens, I assume you won't have much trouble linking us to:

• two or three examples where the thread subject is a celebrity or fictional character you consider an S and most of the posters (1) seem to view the subject in a positive light and (2) mistype the subject as an N; and
  • two or three examples where the thread subject is a celebrity or fictional character you consider an N and most of the posters (1) seem to view the subject in a negative light and (2) mistype the subject as an S.
That way those of us who don't normally browse the "type the celebrity" threads can get a better idea of what you're talking about.

·
Banned
3,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since this "almost always" happens, I assume you won't have much trouble linking us to:

• two or three examples where the thread subject is a celebrity or fictional character you consider an S and most of the posters (1) seem to view the subject in a positive light and (2) mistype the subject as an N; and
  • two or three examples where the thread subject is a celebrity or fictional character you consider an N and most of the posters (1) seem to view the subject in a negative light and (2) mistype the subject as an S.
That way those of us who don't normally browse the "type the celebrity" threads can get a better idea of what you're talking about.
Nope, too lazy. Sorry. It was just something I've noticed before.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts

What's with the aggressive demand for proof? People post observations on here all the time without any sort of proof at all, other than their experiences. In fact, the majority of discussions about type involve anecdotes about personal experiences.

Talk about inconsistency.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Yes, I've noticed that! I've also noticed that they type actors based off what their characters are like. I saw someone type Dicaprio as an INFP because "Jack Dawson is just, like, so emotional!" What the hell does that have to do with anything?

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
No.

Yes, I've noticed that! I've also noticed that they type actors based off what their characters are like. I saw someone type Dicaprio as an INFP because "Jack Dawson is just, like, so emotional!" What the hell does that have to do with anything?
I would type DiCaprio as an intuitive as well. But not because of Jack Dawson.

Actually Jack Dawson probably was a sensing type. Maybe an ISFP. that describes his character perfectly.

Of course, that has little bearing on what DiCaprio is like irl.

DiCaprio also strikes me as an intuitive (because of his twitter https://twitter.com/LeoDiCaprio)

Also a strong feeling type.

Hell, INFP may be right on the money.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
No.

I would type DiCaprio as an intuitive as well. But not because of Jack Dawson.

Actually Jack Dawson probably was a sensing type. Maybe an ISFP. that describes his character perfectly.

Of course, that has little bearing on what DiCaprio is like irl.

DiCaprio also strikes me as an intuitive (because of his twitter https://twitter.com/LeoDiCaprio)

Also a strong feeling type.

Hell, INFP may be right on the money.
I watched a few of his interviews and I see INTJ actually. But I could see why he could be an INFP.

EDIT: Never mind. I just looked at some of his quotes, he's an NF guaranteed.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I think the OP would have been able to come up with good examples if he was an N.
>Is this person purposefully being hypocritical in making a typist generalization about N/S without examples in order to prove his point about one needing evidence to back up their observations?
--->if yes: haha awesome. That's funny.
--->if no: oh dear.
--->I have no idea because I'm not a mind reader and I will just accept the existence of this post without understanding the intent behind it: ok

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Well what do you expect? people fan-typing in those zones + intuitiviness as amazingness = highly toxic stuff. This has to do with ignorance but if they want to play blind then it's up to them.

·
Banned
5,877 Posts
The thing I've noticed the most about celebrities typing is heavy projection.

Not that I'm not guilty of that either but have you noticed how someone's favorite character always manages to belong to the same type as the poster? Or how people hold onto extreme subtleties to prove how their most hated one cannot absolutely share their type?

Usually ESFP/ESFJ are the forum's dumpster for 'annoying' celebrities.

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
Yes, I've pointed it out. Yes, I've used examples before. No, I'm not rehashing. These people can go fuck themselves. :wink:

·
Banned
2,475 Posts
People needing type to add 'self worth' or any worth anywhere... it's all kinda pathetic.
Even more pathetic are people who go: 'hey look at me, I'm such, now you approve of me, yes?' and then the other goes 'oh yes, I approve!' and then their empty, fake, feeble friendship takes lift off. Blech. How terrible it must suck to be like that.

Yes, I've actually seen interactions like these on here. Puny and pathetic. I hate looking down on people, HATE it and try not to, but things like that, you can't just help but feel almost sorry for them...

So I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't be like them, don't be pathetic like them. Just know your own and when you do, you won't really care anyway.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts