Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my female friends in group on Whatsapp start writing something that is wrong or that I disagree on and even the most mundane, pointless stuff, I always respond with logic, proof and evidence without showing any mercy at all nor emotions(even though we can't express true emotions online), it will be ended up with someone backing up with bullshit and someone who tries their best to stop the arguement between me and my friend. The most annoying person is the one keep writing "Stop it you guys, stop fighting! boo hoo hoo..." When I finally won the arguement or someone who is tired of fighting words with me, they left the group and all the other members keeps blaming me. And just a while ago, its the same thing that happens to me on whatsapp. We argue on something pointless and not so important, another member left the group. She's probably crying in her bed right now. 2 to 3 members of the group left.

Am I too unemotional? Or am i taking everything way too seriously? Is it just me or them that is wrong? Are relationship between girls so hard and not long lasting compared to boys? I just wanted to confess because I felt so upset.

·
Registered
29,498 Posts
Nah, you just screw a hole in your intellect and call it imagination. Use you intelligence to write a nice funny story, that's what you need to do.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Nah, you care too much about that pointless stuff.
If i were you, i'd rather stay silent all the time and didnt even look at the chats. Why bother with stupidity ?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Having a sharp intellect doesn't necessitate whipping it out at every opportunity. There is wisdom in knowing when to not engage in certain battles. Being right doesn't necessarily mean you've won - it all depends on your desired outcome.

That said, it would probably be beneficial to find friends that you can actually interact with on that level. Just save the logic for them. Or if being right at the expense of relationships makes you happy, then by all means continue.

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
No, being intelligent prevented me from making friends in the first place.

·
Banned
294 Posts
Sorry to hear that you're so upset about this but it's really common.

My advice is to learn how to argue in a way where it's not arguing at all. By using your intelligence to subtly sway their opinions without it seeming like it's a match of wits, where ego becomes involved. You may not care about ego, about looking smart, you are merely trying to relay the truth, right?

But often to your opponent it seems like you are challenging them and their ego takes a blow. They don't want to look stupid and such other things. Do you really want to lose friendships over these ego squabbles?

Reiterating my advice, use your imagination to have discussions rather than arguments. Instead of speaking over each other, just waiting for your turn to speak, pointing out all their errors. Try to dig deep into why they might feel that way, ask questions, probe. Above all have patience and just take the whole thing a bit easier, because it is not a debate you're having in a chat room. It's a conversation with friends, you don't need to be so eager. Make sense?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Or am i taking everything way too seriously? I just wanted to confess because I felt so upset.
There's your problem. Relax, social and friendly interaction must be done from a neutral perspective, you can't just expose your logical and complex opinions aggresively assuming that everyone else has followed your same thought pattern. Everyone is different, people know some things and ignore others, debates and discussions have their own adequate pace and context and you must adapt to it, otherwise you are perceived as annoying and stubborn because they can't or won't follow you on your need to be right even when it's not important at all. Stop overthinking.

If you really feel the need to say something stick yourself to friendly and funny puns, nothing else.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts