Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can be EXTREMELY judgmental when it comes to others. I even feel victimized by those who haven't done anything to me. When I come to realize that they're good people, I then think that everybody else is good and that I'm evil (for being judgmental).

Whenever I tell people that I'm judgmental they say, "You? Judgmental? You're not judgmental!" (That's because I keep it all to myself.)

As Fours, do you feel victimized by people who haven't done anything to you? Are you constantly assuming that people have certain thoughts about you? Do you hate yourself for hating others?

Please share!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am judgemental. A part of me is judgemental. Yes, I own that quality also. For me it´s not so much about me assuming others have thoughts about me (tho I bet they have both light and really dark thoughts about me). It´s more like I assume things about others (why they behave the way they do etc.). Projecting big time... yes I do. LOL!

And now when I´m about to discover my versatility and all the darkness within and sometimes display it on the outside, well... One time I showed it to a friend and she was "hurt" and said that I´m usually humble and so on.

It´s not easy breaking out of the frames I´ve built for myself, and the frames/roles I´ve been given so far. :frustrating:

What is it you imagine others think about you that wakes up the feelin of victimization in you?

It feels like I´m walking a thin line between hating myself for hating others and loving myself. I´ve been told all my life so far to be a nice person and everything... Interpretated by me as nothing else but lightness is accepted by others out there.

*gaaaaah* I could write/talk so much on this topic...

·
Registered
234 Posts
The first step towards not being a judgemental person is to stop judging yourself. Make peace with who you are, and you'll find everything calms down a little bit, and if you have yourself labelled as a "judgemental" person, then that's who you'll be and how you'll act, because we're only a product of our own self image, as humans and you especially as a four.

Reactions: AngelOnHerFlight

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Projection? Yes. I've been a horrible projector. I've labeled others as pretentious a lot (because my own pretention bothers me an awful lot). I don't do that anymore, though.

Reactions: clodia

·
Banned
1,526 Posts
Projection? Yes. I've been a horrible projector. I've labeled others as pretentious a lot (because my own pretention bothers me an awful lot). I don't do that anymore, though.
I've read projection is a six thing, introjection is a four thing, just so you know.

Projection is a way of attributing to others what one can't accept in oneself, both positive and negative qualities.

Introjection is the attempt to overcome deficiency by bringing in value from outside oneself as well as the habit of internalizing blame for what goes wrong.

It goes into it here, but I read it in Character and Neurosis by Claudio Naranjo.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Sounds a little like type one. Isn't projection al little of a type 1 thing as well?
I'm not judgemental at all, I just think that everyone does the right thing except me.
So maybe that means that I am judgemental (its just spread a little unlogically).

In fact we all are extremely judgemental (starts with who is good looking or not, who is potentionally dangerous, who you like/ dislike, which dress you find pretty etc.). But I guess you're talking about negative judgements towards others.

·
Banned
2,025 Posts
I'm fine with being judgmental. I don't think I get angry at people unless they truly have done something bad to me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am judgmental and I just do not care. My main problem with this is I judge the wrong people. The people I judge have not done anything to me. I am judged my so many people because I have a mild disability. I am todl I can't do something more then I am told I can because of this mild disability. Becaseu of this I hid from the world. I do not make "friends". I talk to a lot of people but I do not remember what ds even talked most times.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts