Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm thin. I know. 5'11 and 119 lbs. But it's natural. I eat like a mofo, I don't exercise. (It's shameful, but I've had fat obese people outrun me...lol)

But I'm getting fucking sick and tired of people thinking it's OK to tell me how skinny I am, how I'm a twig/rake/rail, frail, teeny, anorexic, skeletor, wtf?

And then there's the whole, "Oh, guys don't like skinny bitches."

Well, guys don't like bitches period (like you). (Or that's what I want to say :crazy:)

"Do you eat?" (Yes, but I only eat air. Diet air. And I make sure to throw it up afterwards the minute you turn your head.)

"You're so skinny, you'll break in half!" (Er, no. YOU'RE the one that's about to be broken in half if you don't stfu.)

"You know, guys don't like skinny chicks." (I'd hope not. Most guys I'm after prefer humans.)

"Real women have curves!" (Cause you know, I was actually created in a science lab.)

"You need a cheese steak, hon." (I know, wanna buy me one?)

If I'm eating something, I'll get:
"Bulimia is a serious disease. Please be aware of the health risks." (Lady, there are also health risks to getting in my business.)

And if I get called Paris Hilton *one more time*....

But if I ever dared to even SUGGEST that a woman might be a "bit too 'curvy'", omfg I'm a threat to pre-teens everywhere and I'm just as bad as Hitler. Anyway, this was mainly a rant, since I got YET ANOTHER comment today... and I'm also getting sick of people begging me for diet tips. WTF do they want me to tell them? I don't do anything to maintain my weight, it's just metabolism. sigh

Anyway, do you guys really think skinny people are unattractive, or are people just saying that to support the BBW movement?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
They say it to make themselves feel better. Don't take it personally.

I get it all the time too. I'm 6'1'' and now I'm 151lbs. This is my natural weight. With eating a TON of food(and crappy food which I'm not proud of) I don't put on any weight. It took me 6 months of lots of weight training, eating every 1.5-2hours of good food, and take weight gainer in the morning and night to put on 20 pounds. That halted in May this year where I quit the regiment and went back to my McDonalds crap diet with no exercise and dropped back to 153lbs by early July.

I've gone over metabolism in so many different classes in my major and people like you and I just have different BMRs and RMRs which is just generally higher than the average, hence we are able to eat and not workout yet maintain our weight.

The universal calculation is this;
Calories Consumed > Calories Expended = Weight Gain
Calories Consumed = Calories expended = No weight change
Calories Consumed < Calories Expended = Weight loss

Just by this, I will tell you that you have nothing to worry about as your body uses a lot of calories during exercise and rest. Moreso than the average. You are fine. Don't let others tell you that you aren't. This also applies to those overweight, you are fine the way you are(asthetically), but be careful about health risks. If I remember right, God, you might be a little underweight which also puts you at a health risk(so am I).

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
I don't think it's as much a matter of metabolism as the fact that I CAN'T load myself up with food. Sure, whenever I do, I don't gain weight because it happens so rarely, but it's freaking uncomfortable for me to eat past my capacity, which is so much smaller than most people's. I eat at lunch because it's a social thing, not because I actually want food. Soooo yeah... I have a sloooooowwwww metabolism.

Dove used the phrase "real women have curves" to target the majority, with the average woman being a size 12 and the average model being a size... 4? In any case, Dove fails at its message that beautiful women come in all shapes and sizes.

What's more, I would never make fun of someone for being a bit bigger, yet this clearly isn't reciprocated.

I'm 5'1 and 94 pounds, if anyone wanted to know.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
I'm thin and my weight is at the low end of healthy (but still healthy), and I've gotten these comments since I was about 18. I actually do eat pretty well & exercise, but that helps me stay a healthy weight & gain muscle; I'm at a lower weight when I eat poorly & don't exercise. It's funny how it can be reverse for us ectomorphic types.

I do get positive comments, from men & women, and so I just focus on those. I really think the negativity stems from bitterness. It is lame that is accepted to make these comments about thin people, but not fat people. It should not be accepted for either. Such people probably own mirrors and are aware of what they look like. If someone is truly unhealthy, then they need support, not to be torn down.

I also hate the assumption that thin is boyish or shapeless. I'm shapelier than many larger women I see (I actually have a waist!); there is nothing more womanly about them than me. Last I checked, I have no penis. Maybe some men prefer "more meat" (isn't that a charming expression), but as an adult, I've never had a problem attracting people based solely on appearance.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
"do you eat?" (yes, but i only eat air. Diet air. And i make sure to throw it up afterwards the minute you turn your head.)

"you're so skinny, you'll break in half!" (er, no. You're the one that's about to be broken in half if you don't stfu.)

"you know, guys don't like skinny chicks." (i'd hope not. Most guys i'm after prefer humans.)

"real women have curves!" (cause you know, i was actually created in a science lab.)

"you need a cheese steak, hon." (i know, wanna buy me one?)

if i'm eating something, i'll get:
"bulimia is a serious disease. Please be aware of the health risks." (lady, there are also health risks to getting in my business.)
lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
skinny women for the win! Ectomorphs all the way! i'd beat up every fatty for a skinny woman.
ugh... fat people make me sick to my stomach, like physically.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
5'11 and 119 lb
I understand this is natural, but have you excluded the possibility that you have a medical condition?

I used to be 5ft7 and 110 pounds. Being male, the weight didn't give me too many comments. The height did, though. The positive thing is that most people put on a bit of weight when they age. I'm about 125 now, and that feels very much. OK. All I had to do was wait 10 years :crazy:

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
It sounds like you have an "ectomorph" body type, which is perfectly normal. Anyway, for someone to pick on a person's appearance, it doesn't mean so much about the person being picked on, as it means about the person picking on them. I'm not going to speculate on the motive of each individual who does it, but I will say that your body is none of their business. Like I said in another thread, it seems like poking at each others appearances is some stupid, shallow sport. They need to perhaps worry about themselves. What drives them to worry about your body has nothing to do with some inherent truth about how all bodies should look, I'm certain. If -you- feel good about how you feel, in your own skin, thats what matters. Assholes are always going to make stupid comments.. if its not your appearance, its going to be something.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
See except here's the thing and I REALLY don't give a fuck about girls that
are 'skinny' but fuck I love how you have GOOD responses here when you post this and
when I posted about being bigger I started WW3.

The fact is this thread puts down people who are slightly bigger or bigger
and mine I will admit might of put down girls that are thiner.

The real question is:
Why the fuck do we all have a need to bring each other's appearance down?

that'd make a better thread.

Oh and one more thing it is REALLY hurtful to me to read things
so negative every single second againt bigger people and that shit happens ALL the time.

I think that's why when people hate on skinny girls..because I feel as if it doesn't hurt them as much as it would
hurt me. I know that's really stupid and makes no sense but that is why,because they get potrayed so wonderfully and we get shitted on every single second of every single day in the media and everywhere else so yeah I've been a bitch before
I have made awful comment before I never understood that it might of had the same affect that words have on me...

I'm glad you brought that it might to my attention..

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
See except here's the thing and I REALLY don't give a fuck about girls that
are 'skinny' but fuck I love how you have GOOD responses here when you post this and
when I posted about being bigger I started WW3.

The fact is this thread puts down people who are slightly bigger or bigger
and mine I will admit might of put down girls that are thiner.

The real question is:
Why the fuck do we all have a need to bring each other's appearance down?

that'd make a better thread.
I see what you are saying. I see some nasty comments in this thread aimed toward people who are of the endomorph body type. I saw one girl say "I'm shapelier than many larger women I see (I actually have a waist!)," and other guy saying really rude things about overweight people. The OP didn't invite them to say mean things about people with a different body type.. they just like to pipe up and make petty jabs at people - JUST LIKE the ones the OP is complaining about. Funny, that. Yes, I see your point. :/

Edit - just getting the facts straight.

Reactions: Jazibelle

·
Registered
22 Posts
i think there's a distinct difference between fat and a normally larger person.
when i think of fat vs. skinny i think of it in terms of your diet style.
when i think of curvy vs. thin it's down to natural build. I would never date a fat person becaues they don't care enough to take care of their body. but!!! BUT!!! if she's larger naturally, that's totally different!!!

i mean no offense by any of that... it's the best i can describe it.

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
I'd rather be skinny as a stick than a damn whale. Just realize how fat you aren't and ignore them.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
I'd rather be skinny as a stick than a damn whale. Just realize how fat you aren't and ignore them.
This is ignorant. You are missing the point. Insulting someone for their body is just as bad no matter what their body type is.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I would never date a fat person becaues they don't care enough to take care of their body.
Just because someone is overweight doesn't mean they have no concern for their own diet and well-being. It's just as likely for someone to be underweight due to poor nutrition or a lack of concern for their own health.

1 - 20 of 154 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.