Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know my ESFJ friend hates this. She definitely fit's the mothering friend stereotype, but really doesn't like it how that's just assumed of her after awhile.

She was especially disappointed with the majority of the examples she found for her mbti type. I mean, she wasn't surprised by it, she calls herself the mother of the group a lot, but I think she was let down by the lack of variety. All of her other characteristics seemed to always add up to the mother figure. Heck, here were the examples of ESFJ villains: Cersei Lannister, Mother of Psycho, Joan Crawford of Mommy Dearest.

Luckily we've been able to find characters that she identifies more with, like Grizzly from We Bare Bears(start video at :30) and Donkey from Shrek.

Have you guys also felt this to be a problem? Do you have any more non-mother examples of healthy and unhealthy ESFJs?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I hate that stereotype too. The only examples I can really think of off the top of my head are Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl and Troy Bolton from High School Musical, but I don't know if those things are your friend's forte, ha. Ask her if she likes them! And if not, I'm sure there are other examples. Tell her not to give up looking. Stereotypes are annoying and stupid.

·
Registered
9,870 Posts
Lol SMOTHER yeah I wouldnt want that stereo type either. Eh but seriously often the ESFJs I can think of are smothers. Lol sorry. I can only go off of who I know who has kids who are ESFJs.

But in seriousness ESFJs that I know are like love or hate black and white qualities. Just lots of great and just bad. SO try and take the good with the bad. Like any other stereotype of personalities.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts