Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Marijuana, cocaine, meth, heroin, MDMA, etc.

What was that like for you? Did you enjoy it? Regret it?

I have only tried Marijuana. I hated it. I couldn't understand why and how people spoke so highly of the drug. And I still don't. The times when I was high on marijuana, I wanted it to end as soon as it entered my system. I felt paranoid, anxious, physically I felt awkward and stiff. Most importantly, I felt like a 3 year old mentally. Slow and deliberate. I don't know if it was because of the weed I had was bad in general but I tried it from 4 different people and it all resulted in the same experience as the first. I'm wondering if any other INJ's have experienced a similar reaction that I did. Where does this so called creativity come from when people are high from marijuana?

·
Registered
12,000 Posts
i saw paul simon on some interview once, years ago. saying: marijuana doesn't make you more creative. it just makes you think that you are. like sitting in coffee shops all dressed in black doesn't make you a poet, i guess.

i tried it three times, at widely spaced intervals and with/from different people. just wanted it over with, all three times. and i can't stand stoners. i mean, they can live and everything; it's not like i want them hunted down like foxes. i just want them to stay the hell away from me. not an atom of tolerance anywhere in my system for them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I really have no desire to try any type of drug. Marijuana I know I would not like it nor do I have any desire to try it. I have no curiosity when it comes to such things.

That being said anyone who does anything of the sort. That's their business. No judgement here. I may not approve but it is not my place to tell anyone what they do or don't do with their bodies. I'm also sure some people can moderate and handle whatever they do just fine.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I didn't experience anything remotely close to creativity when I tried marijuana. But, I didn't get overly paranoid or anxious, either. The first few times I did it, I got violently ill. As in, my butt was planted on the floor, unable to move, when I wasn't clinging to the sink puking my guts up and wishing for death. I tried smoking less, but then I didn't feel much of anything besides less nausea. There was no elation. No lightness. My ex was a major stoner, and he told me I was the only one he ever smoked with to have that reaction.

·
Administrator
23,778 Posts
I've tried marijuana, cocaine, amphetamines and ecstasy.

Marijuana makes me feel a little like the description in OP. Conspiracy theories, dumbarse paranoia, thinking that everyone can see me for a twitchy lowlife and most importantly not wanting to play that game of who's bogarting the joint. You have it, it's yours, yours, YOURS!

Cocaine just made me a verbose, rambling fountain of bullshit. I can distinctly remember following people to the toilet to finish my conversation of shite. I cringe just thinking about it. The next day, although not as bad as the speed, I felt like I had let the world down and it along with me.

Ecstasy wasn't as bad but boy did I make that feather boa I procured from a friend dance like a mofo (although I was not dancing myself). I just felt like I liked people and a sense of belonging in the madness of a 4 level rave venue. Hey dude, I really like your flouro jumpsuit, no really, it moves well with your insane moves man.

I snorted only a a quarter of everyone else (as is my rule) and never tried the cocaine or speed again after the first (I tried ecstasy around 3-4 times, over years).

I accidentally ate hash cake at a party once. No, just no.

·
Banned
6,664 Posts
I never experimented with illegal/exotic substances. Probably the most heavy stuff I ever metabolized were unreasonably high/dangerous dosages of (transdermal) nicotine. I'm still addicted and using it as an antidepressant/nootropic. It's nothing you can occasionally try without instantly developing tolearance and addiction. In the other hand, it's quite safe and beneficial.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I haven't touched anything but alcohol in about 10 years, but when I was in my teens and early twenties, I did a version of Yes Man. I wanted to know first hand what all the fuss was about, so I decided I would try any drug that was offered to me. I've tried weed, acid, mushrooms, speed, cocaine, heroin, opium, ecstasy, nicotine and kava.

Marijuana is a weird one. I found it totally numbed my body, but sped up my mind. I would be going in 20 different directions at once but couldn't really focus on anything. I would usually end up sitting in the corner trying to slow my thoughts down by staring at something like a bottle cap or a piece of lint. I didn't hate the experience, but it's not something I would ever actively seek out.

I wouldn't say I regret any of them, but heroin and speed are not ones that I would be eager to try again. Like many first-time users, heroin didn't give me a high at all. I just felt ill and ended up curled up in a corner trying not to vomit and waiting for it to be over. Speed packs a wicked punch and a seriously manic high, but it lasts for hours which takes the fun out of it; plus the crash is brutal.

Cocaine, opium and ecstasy I can certainly see the appeal. For a hardcore introvert trying to live the party scene, cocaine was like a life raft. They say that alcohol is personality in a bottle - well cocaine is extroversion in a powder. It made me happy, content, exceedingly social and feeling like all was well with the world. The day after was always pretty rough though.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I have never done any kind of drugs nor do I want to. If I get caught with anything like that, I will lose most, if not all, of my scholarships and I can't afford that lost $30,000 per year. I don't want to have bad trips or get an infection or anything. Also, I have never heard anything good about doing cocaine, meth, or heroin. Heck, I don't even know what that last one is.

The only one I've even been curious about is marijuana, but like I said, that's not going to happen anytime soon because scholarships.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Tried weed. Turns out I don't enjoy getting high at all. I get myself drunk all the time.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Tried marijuana while in Amsterdam on a business trip about 12 years ago. I had alternating periods of:

"Wow...the universe is in perfect alignment...I understand everything..."

...followed very shortly by:

"OH MY HOLY CRAP! MY COWORKERS ARE GOING TO MURDER ME AND THROW ME IN A CANAL! THEY'RE GOING TO PUSH ME OUT OF THE TRAIN! MY ROTTING DISMEMBERED CORPSE WILL BE FEEDING THE TULIPS!"

...followed by:

"Tulips are very pretty, aren't they? There sure are a lot of prostitutes out tonight. I hope business is good - they work very hard in a maligned profession..."

"WHY DO THE COPS HERE CARRY MP-5'S??? DO THEY KNOW? OH GOD, THEY ARE IN ON IT!!! I'M GOING TO DIE, AND THEY WILL JUST HELP TO COVER IT UP!!!"

"It's a nice night. I'm glad it stopped raining - now I can see the stars, and they are wonderful! I can smell fresh bread! Brownies! Cookies! Coffee!"

"THE FOUL STENCH OF MY OWN DEATH!"

I did not have a good evening...

·
Registered
484 Posts
Drugs don't "make" you have certain thoughts, you do. Drugs simply enhance what you are feeling at that time. Marijuana is a fine thing, though I don't smoke as much as I used to. I want to try shrooms and meditate one of these days.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I saw enough people make idiots out of themselves & destroy their careers and relationships with various substances to steer clear of pretty well everything personally. Not for me, just doesn't make sense to me why you'd start something when you know the long term consequences of continuing to do it aren't going to be good.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I've tried Phenibut and Kratom both for pro social behavior. Former legal to consume/buy/sell. Latter legal to buy/sell.

I'd consider Phenibut to be an alternative to Alcohol that instead of slowing down thinking it sharpens it, doesn't make you fat, doesn't hurt your kidneys, doesn't make you lose motor control. I'd also consider it to be the greatest anti-depressant on the market if it was possible to take it more than twice a week with out building a tolerance because instead of feeling nothing you feel highly motivated and happy the entire day and has a very good after effect the next day. For me this drug was life changing as I permanently gained a very large amount of social freedom.

Kratom isn't as good, because it does slow down thinking, only works for 4hours per does, however it does have all the pro social effects along with many other effects should you choose to try different leaves of the tree grown in different areas and you wont build up a tolerance if you use a different strain/leave each time you take it.

GHB is like Phenibut, except far stronger, minus the tolerance, but not a 1 does drug. They both work on gaba receptors like alcohol while kratom works on the opiate receptors (nothing like an opiate nor addictive). GHB also has plus pro sexual behavior.. also highly illegal due to people mixing it with alcohol and then dying from respiratory failure.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Oh, here's a post of jayde. She's a nice, young lady. I bet she never tried anything serious.
Lol! What can I say. I went through a couple (dozen) adventurous stages in my youth :tongue:

I survived it all relatively unscathed...

*twitch*
*shudder*
*vacant stare*

Wait. What were we talking about again?

·
Administrator
23,778 Posts
Tried marijuana while in Amsterdam on a business trip about 12 years ago. I had alternating periods of:

"Wow...the universe is in perfect alignment...I understand everything..."

...followed very shortly by:

"OH MY HOLY CRAP! MY COWORKERS ARE GOING TO MURDER ME AND THROW ME IN A CANAL! THEY'RE GOING TO PUSH ME OUT OF THE TRAIN! MY ROTTING DISMEMBERED CORPSE WILL BE FEEDING THE TULIPS!"

...followed by:

"Tulips are very pretty, aren't they? There sure are a lot of prostitutes out tonight. I hope business is good - they work very hard in a maligned profession..."

"WHY DO THE COPS HERE CARRY MP-5'S??? DO THEY KNOW? OH GOD, THEY ARE IN ON IT!!! I'M GOING TO DIE, AND THEY WILL JUST HELP TO COVER IT UP!!!"

"It's a nice night. I'm glad it stopped raining - now I can see the stars, and they are wonderful! I can smell fresh bread! Brownies! Cookies! Coffee!"

"THE FOUL STENCH OF MY OWN DEATH!"

I did not have a good evening...
Heh. That sounds like my accidental hash cake experience. I semi hallucinated awesome punks songs with my name in them but they (the punk band) were following me as I walked down the street (never saw anyone but imagined/semi heard them all behind me with chains, pitchforks baseball bats). The high (or low) lasted nearly 3 weeks in stages of gradual decline as I imagined fairies at the bottom of the garden, thought I was an earth mother and imagined how many would want me dead for forsaking my punk roots.

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
I did loads of drugs in my teens. I had older cousins who knew a whole lot more about quality check them for me. I enjoyed them and somewhat relied on them, but was able to quit on my own without outside assistance. I quit when I was running out of avenues without doing something I'd probably regret later. I've never experienced a crash from drugs but I've had hangovers. I can count on one hand how many times I've gotten drunk. I hate getting drunk. I feel out of control when drunk and it scares me. And I hate hangovers. I like the taste of alcohol, so I stay well within my tolerance.

I would have thought the scientists with curious natures would have been more likely to want to experiment and try drugs.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.