Personality Cafe banner

Have any of you tried any type of drug?

[INTJ] 
5K views 43 replies 27 participants last post by  BrokenGenius 
#1 ·
Marijuana, cocaine, meth, heroin, MDMA, etc.

What was that like for you? Did you enjoy it? Regret it?

I have only tried Marijuana. I hated it. I couldn't understand why and how people spoke so highly of the drug. And I still don't. The times when I was high on marijuana, I wanted it to end as soon as it entered my system. I felt paranoid, anxious, physically I felt awkward and stiff. Most importantly, I felt like a 3 year old mentally. Slow and deliberate. I don't know if it was because of the weed I had was bad in general but I tried it from 4 different people and it all resulted in the same experience as the first. I'm wondering if any other INJ's have experienced a similar reaction that I did. Where does this so called creativity come from when people are high from marijuana?

#2 ·
i saw paul simon on some interview once, years ago. saying: marijuana doesn't make you more creative. it just makes you think that you are. like sitting in coffee shops all dressed in black doesn't make you a poet, i guess.

i tried it three times, at widely spaced intervals and with/from different people. just wanted it over with, all three times. and i can't stand stoners. i mean, they can live and everything; it's not like i want them hunted down like foxes. i just want them to stay the hell away from me. not an atom of tolerance anywhere in my system for them.

#4 ·
I really have no desire to try any type of drug. Marijuana I know I would not like it nor do I have any desire to try it. I have no curiosity when it comes to such things.

That being said anyone who does anything of the sort. That's their business. No judgement here. I may not approve but it is not my place to tell anyone what they do or don't do with their bodies. I'm also sure some people can moderate and handle whatever they do just fine.

#5 ·
I didn't experience anything remotely close to creativity when I tried marijuana. But, I didn't get overly paranoid or anxious, either. The first few times I did it, I got violently ill. As in, my butt was planted on the floor, unable to move, when I wasn't clinging to the sink puking my guts up and wishing for death. I tried smoking less, but then I didn't feel much of anything besides less nausea. There was no elation. No lightness. My ex was a major stoner, and he told me I was the only one he ever smoked with to have that reaction.

#6 ·
I've tried marijuana, cocaine, amphetamines and ecstasy.

Marijuana makes me feel a little like the description in OP. Conspiracy theories, dumbarse paranoia, thinking that everyone can see me for a twitchy lowlife and most importantly not wanting to play that game of who's bogarting the joint. You have it, it's yours, yours, YOURS!

Cocaine just made me a verbose, rambling fountain of bullshit. I can distinctly remember following people to the toilet to finish my conversation of shite. I cringe just thinking about it. The next day, although not as bad as the speed, I felt like I had let the world down and it along with me.

Ecstasy wasn't as bad but boy did I make that feather boa I procured from a friend dance like a mofo (although I was not dancing myself). I just felt like I liked people and a sense of belonging in the madness of a 4 level rave venue. Hey dude, I really like your flouro jumpsuit, no really, it moves well with your insane moves man.

I snorted only a a quarter of everyone else (as is my rule) and never tried the cocaine or speed again after the first (I tried ecstasy around 3-4 times, over years).

I accidentally ate hash cake at a party once. No, just no.

#28 ·
I always knew you were too hxc ^_^

i have wanted to experiment with cocaine just to see what it is like... So I've asked friends who have tried to relay their own experiences with the drug. Seems to me that the day after use, is rough.

#7 ·
I never experimented with illegal/exotic substances. Probably the most heavy stuff I ever metabolized were unreasonably high/dangerous dosages of (transdermal) nicotine. I'm still addicted and using it as an antidepressant/nootropic. It's nothing you can occasionally try without instantly developing tolearance and addiction. In the other hand, it's quite safe and beneficial.

#8 ·
I haven't touched anything but alcohol in about 10 years, but when I was in my teens and early twenties, I did a version of Yes Man. I wanted to know first hand what all the fuss was about, so I decided I would try any drug that was offered to me. I've tried weed, acid, mushrooms, speed, cocaine, heroin, opium, ecstasy, nicotine and kava.

Marijuana is a weird one. I found it totally numbed my body, but sped up my mind. I would be going in 20 different directions at once but couldn't really focus on anything. I would usually end up sitting in the corner trying to slow my thoughts down by staring at something like a bottle cap or a piece of lint. I didn't hate the experience, but it's not something I would ever actively seek out.

I wouldn't say I regret any of them, but heroin and speed are not ones that I would be eager to try again. Like many first-time users, heroin didn't give me a high at all. I just felt ill and ended up curled up in a corner trying not to vomit and waiting for it to be over. Speed packs a wicked punch and a seriously manic high, but it lasts for hours which takes the fun out of it; plus the crash is brutal.

Cocaine, opium and ecstasy I can certainly see the appeal. For a hardcore introvert trying to live the party scene, cocaine was like a life raft. They say that alcohol is personality in a bottle - well cocaine is extroversion in a powder. It made me happy, content, exceedingly social and feeling like all was well with the world. The day after was always pretty rough though.

#11 ·
I have never done any kind of drugs nor do I want to. If I get caught with anything like that, I will lose most, if not all, of my scholarships and I can't afford that lost $30,000 per year. I don't want to have bad trips or get an infection or anything. Also, I have never heard anything good about doing cocaine, meth, or heroin. Heck, I don't even know what that last one is.

The only one I've even been curious about is marijuana, but like I said, that's not going to happen anytime soon because scholarships.

#12 ·
Tried weed. Turns out I don't enjoy getting high at all. I get myself drunk all the time.

#13 ·
Tried marijuana while in Amsterdam on a business trip about 12 years ago. I had alternating periods of:

"Wow...the universe is in perfect alignment...I understand everything..."

...followed very shortly by:

"OH MY HOLY CRAP! MY COWORKERS ARE GOING TO MURDER ME AND THROW ME IN A CANAL! THEY'RE GOING TO PUSH ME OUT OF THE TRAIN! MY ROTTING DISMEMBERED CORPSE WILL BE FEEDING THE TULIPS!"

...followed by:

"Tulips are very pretty, aren't they? There sure are a lot of prostitutes out tonight. I hope business is good - they work very hard in a maligned profession..."

"WHY DO THE COPS HERE CARRY MP-5'S??? DO THEY KNOW? OH GOD, THEY ARE IN ON IT!!! I'M GOING TO DIE, AND THEY WILL JUST HELP TO COVER IT UP!!!"

"It's a nice night. I'm glad it stopped raining - now I can see the stars, and they are wonderful! I can smell fresh bread! Brownies! Cookies! Coffee!"

"THE FOUL STENCH OF MY OWN DEATH!"

I did not have a good evening...

#19 ·
Heh. That sounds like my accidental hash cake experience. I semi hallucinated awesome punks songs with my name in them but they (the punk band) were following me as I walked down the street (never saw anyone but imagined/semi heard them all behind me with chains, pitchforks baseball bats). The high (or low) lasted nearly 3 weeks in stages of gradual decline as I imagined fairies at the bottom of the garden, thought I was an earth mother and imagined how many would want me dead for forsaking my punk roots.

#14 ·
Drugs don't "make" you have certain thoughts, you do. Drugs simply enhance what you are feeling at that time. Marijuana is a fine thing, though I don't smoke as much as I used to. I want to try shrooms and meditate one of these days.

#16 ·
I saw enough people make idiots out of themselves & destroy their careers and relationships with various substances to steer clear of pretty well everything personally. Not for me, just doesn't make sense to me why you'd start something when you know the long term consequences of continuing to do it aren't going to be good.

#17 ·
I've tried Phenibut and Kratom both for pro social behavior. Former legal to consume/buy/sell. Latter legal to buy/sell.

I'd consider Phenibut to be an alternative to Alcohol that instead of slowing down thinking it sharpens it, doesn't make you fat, doesn't hurt your kidneys, doesn't make you lose motor control. I'd also consider it to be the greatest anti-depressant on the market if it was possible to take it more than twice a week with out building a tolerance because instead of feeling nothing you feel highly motivated and happy the entire day and has a very good after effect the next day. For me this drug was life changing as I permanently gained a very large amount of social freedom.

Kratom isn't as good, because it does slow down thinking, only works for 4hours per does, however it does have all the pro social effects along with many other effects should you choose to try different leaves of the tree grown in different areas and you wont build up a tolerance if you use a different strain/leave each time you take it.

GHB is like Phenibut, except far stronger, minus the tolerance, but not a 1 does drug. They both work on gaba receptors like alcohol while kratom works on the opiate receptors (nothing like an opiate nor addictive). GHB also has plus pro sexual behavior.. also highly illegal due to people mixing it with alcohol and then dying from respiratory failure.

#20 ·
I did loads of drugs in my teens. I had older cousins who knew a whole lot more about quality check them for me. I enjoyed them and somewhat relied on them, but was able to quit on my own without outside assistance. I quit when I was running out of avenues without doing something I'd probably regret later. I've never experienced a crash from drugs but I've had hangovers. I can count on one hand how many times I've gotten drunk. I hate getting drunk. I feel out of control when drunk and it scares me. And I hate hangovers. I like the taste of alcohol, so I stay well within my tolerance.

I would have thought the scientists with curious natures would have been more likely to want to experiment and try drugs.

#21 ·
I would have thought the scientists with curious natures would have been more likely to want to experiment and try drugs.

Big picture considering all the risks & consequences are going to outweigh the curiosity for most of us. For me, after doing all the research I concluded there were no risks or consequences to the drugs I was interested in, yet could improve my life so I tried them. Also we don't live for the here and now experiences... that's our inferior function and your dominant function :p

#22 ·
Nothing significant for me.

Though I did have enough caffeine one night to hallucinate (visual, auditory) for quite some time.
Other than that, alcohol (only buzzed, never drunk) and a couple of cigarettes (meh).
I have strong, unpleasant reactions to many common OTC medications (benadryl, sleeping pills, cough medicine, etc) so I don't really feel the need to push it by trying anything more illicit.

I do enjoy deliberate sleep deprivation sometimes, for what that's worth.

#23 ·
I smoked marijuana in highschool. It was fun. Skipped class with friends. Sit in the park with munchies. Go to the carnaval or sit in math class laughing our heads off for no apparent reason.

I quit for years and years after a bad experience. Gave me a full on panic attack on a field trip one day. I smoked it again with a friend at mardi gras a few years ago but it was a bad mix with the alcohol and it pretty much just knocked me out. I don't really rate it anymore and after giving up smoking cigarettes I'd rather not smoke anything at all anymore.

The more hardcore stuff never interested me and/or scares me. I've seen people lose themselves in that and I'm afraid I'd end up liking it too much and develop a habit.

#24 ·
I haven't tried any drugs and I don't drink because I don't like the idea of being out of control of myself or doing anything I'll regret. The most I've done is taken my recommended dose of codeine prescription cough syrup, which gave me some really weird, funny thoughts that I forgot by morning. Drug sensitivity runs in my family.

#25 · (Edited)
Yes. They are a tool just like anything else. They are really fun, among other things, if used right. Give a dumby a hammer and he'll hit himself in the balls, same thing with drugs.

I personally have done Marijuana, MDMA and Mushrooms. I also drink alcohol and caffeine. I have smoked nicotine.

The "creativity" that good weed brings takes lots and lots of it over long periods of time. After a while it is very different than the first experiences. This and caffeine are the only drugs I use consistently.

MDMA is amazing if you are at a giant electronic music festivals (I'm talking 50,000-100,000 people). Loud music, bright lights, 3/4 naked women, and dancing all night. That is what this drug was made for.

Mushrooms are good for a nature walk. The thoughts that mushrooms "brought" me were not important. It was what I have seen in nature that relaxed my mind.

I'm really very meh towards alcohol most of the time. I do use it small doses when at social gatherings or trying to loosen some legs.

Nicotine sometimes comes to hang out when alcohol is around.

#30 ·
Psychonaut Present!!

I did study pharmacology for 2 years with a specialization in toxicology. During
and after this time I did try many a substance and thoroughly enjoyed my
experiences! I'll take some shrooms outside in the park on a nice day with friends
over the movie theater any time.

I am experienced with THC in many forms, Psilocybin, LSD, 2C-B, 2C-I, Salvia,
2C-T-7 Methylenedioxymethamphetamines, Ketamine, Nitrous Oxide, Amanitas Muscaria,
and of course the more common but non the less toxic alcohol and nicotine.

Almost every drug is safe if taken in reasonable dose and in the right circumstances.
Nature has given us the option to fool around with our brains a little bit for fun, what's
the harm in that.

Also, those who oppose drugs but drink beer, I fuck you all stupid hypocritical bitches.

#32 ·
Nitrous Oxide
Ooooh, I forgot about N2O. I didn't really think of that one when I made my list. I was focussed more on illicit drugs. I react well to nitrous. It's fun and one that I still partake in from time to time. I also enjoy me some 100% pure O2 on a semi-regular basis - so much more effective than caffeine as an afternoon pick-me-up.

Since we're on the topic of gases, I've been accidentally exposed to desflurane and sevoflurane as well. That was not fun, but it was interesting!

I've mentioned in another thread that I also had some trippy hallucinations when I was taking the antimalarial, Lariam/Mefloquine.

#31 ·
Once upon a time, I was at a dinner party with friends, the only female and only INTJ of the group. I had a rather sheltered childhood and adolescence, so they've kind of taken it upon themselves to broaden my horizons, from movie recommendations to several blackout drunk episodes. Isn't it nice to have people you trust?

Anyhow, my ISFP buddy was outside smoking a cigarette and I was keeping him company, when he asked if I had ever smoked pot. We ended up parked in his car, passing a pipe back and forth, and were later joined by the ESFP. The two of them went on and on about different things being "so strange and weird and crazy man" and every couple of minutes they would just stop and stare at me and ask if I was alright. They were a bit paranoid in general (one about cops, the other about his husband), but mostly concerned about me. Something about making sure I didn't freak out or get sick.

I felt really quite amazing. I have ADHD, and for once, every random thought just shut up and I could actually think clearly without fighting off the constant buzzing of my internal monologue. I felt relaxed and at ease and completely comfortable, which was a huge contrast from my usually busy-bodied and guarded nature. I think my silence kept them on edge, but I rarely talk anyway, so I'm not sure what their problem was. They decided to ask me to "show off my freaky brain power" by explaining random things to gauge my level of "okay-ness." That was fun.

I also have tactile defensiveness, but I had no problem being touched while high. ESFP even gave me a good neck rub and it was the most heavenly sensation I've ever experienced, as opposed to every other time where I would tolerate the pins-and-needles sensation it causes in order to avoid offending his intended kindness. This was actually quite embarrassing once we were all down to earth again, because I had to explain the whole tactile defensiveness thing and poor guy spent the rest of the night apologizing for the slightest accidental touch.

If it wasn't illegal and didn't stay in your system for so long, I'd probably do it more often. I'd like to try other things as well, at least once, just for the experience and knowledge of it.

#36 ·
I had prescription morphine on self-administered intravenous drip in a hospital bed after surgery.
Here's why that's interesting:

It was the middle of the night when I woke up and found the TV above the bed turned on, playing reruns of Rocky And Bullwinkle.
Under the influence of the morphine, each sentence spoken by the characters was lucid and clear. But by the time the next sentence was spoken, I had already completely forgotten the prior sentence.

Scary that was.

Or the nitrous oxide at the dentist's office. I tried to prove to myself I was still in command of my faculties, so I decided to multiply 4x9 in my head. And as soon as I said "4 x 9" I burst into hysterics and couldn't stop. Couldn't figure out the d@mn product, either!

Other than that, nothing but copious quantities of coffee. With cream.

#40 ·
pot: ups and downs, really. lately though, it has given me the ability to see things in a different light, and to then carry those thoughts/perspectives into sober life--if for nothing else, than for offering a different look on my current problems.

i really love to just smoke a bowl, go out on my porch, and just let my mind wander... probably the most relaxing, most centering experience i can feel (although, as hinted to above, i and others have had "negative" experiences with it. though, the negative thoughts that accompany the use are usually just aspects of one's life they are ignoring--hence the anxiety. i've noticed that after having gotten through darker parts of my life, smoking is really a fun, innocent experience to "unwind my mind"... by the way, i don't care what anyone says, altering your state of mind can make you more creative--it may not translate, or be remembered, but it can add mental variety that is a gift all on its own).

coke: never, ever liked it.

meth: loved it--too much. never had bad come-downs... in fact, when i ever i would do the drug, my first thought always pertained to finding ways to work it into my budget (terrible drug, really). but amazing for social situations. really, i've never been more quick-witted, like the words were just flowing out of my mouth without a second thought, and yet they were actually coherent and "funny".

acid: a lot of fun. never hallucinated, but the world did take on a "different quality"--almost cartoonish.

xanex & vivance (downer and upper): xanex fits my personality too much--or, i should say, the wants of my personality too much. to just not care or give too shits about anything; to be completely apathetic, with a healthy dose of humorous, good-natured sarcasm... too far retreated into my own head.

vivance on the other hand... terrible beyond belief. so easy to overdose on, no reason to be prescribed (cue anecdotal experiences). seriously, i used it to study: night before the test, type over 28 pages of notes and actually retain the information, make, take another, make an A, and then to be strung out and severely manic to the point that even thinking about sleeping is mentally painful beyond belief... not worth it at all. exceedingly potent (even the meth, which was relatively clear in substance and appearance, i could sleep on, but this was too much).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.