Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Main Questions

1. What gives you motivation in life?

Good question. My life is plagued by chronic pain. So overcoming/controlling that is a huge motivator. Also, getting my mental illnesses under control (stress makes pain worse).

2. What do you hope to accomplish by the end of your life?

See answer to question one. In addition to that, I also hope to have a career I enjoy and move to another city (I hate where I live).

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being?

I hope to avoid staying sick forever, like uninformed MDs *promised* that would be my destiny (*sigh*).

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why do you have them?

Staying in chronic pain, as it robs me of my independence (and subsequently, not recovering, because this would also keep me debilitated). I also fear not meeting any of my other goals because health issues often interfere.

5. How do you want others to see you?

I want others to see me as different, but not "freakish", if that makes sense. I don't want people seeing how screwed up I really am.

6. What situation makes you feel at your best? How do you feel?

Any sort of decent relaxation exercise. I'm in hypnotherapy. Helps a great deal, especially with anxiety. I feel like a weight has been lifted off me after I've been hypnotized.

7. What situation makes you feel at your worst? How do you feel?

Being around people who say negative things to me, or who yell. This situation makes me feel scared, sad, and as significant as an insect.

8. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.

No problem. First one, anger. I can experience it differently depending on the situation I'm in. Usually, though, I'm dying to express it. Especially if someone has made me really, really mad, or has threatened my health/safety. That's when the gloves come off. Otherwise, I'm in control of my anger despite feeling it.

Next one, shame. I hate shame. I will do anything to avoid being humiliating. I have had some terrible experiences, both in childhood and adulthood, that have caused me shame (even though they weren't my fault). I will not disclose shameful secrets to anyone, except for someone who I trust 100%

As for anxiety, well, that just causes me to break down. I have had full blown panic attacks before, and am prone to generalized anxiety disorders and OCD. I have been improving my ability to manage my anxiety better, as of late.

9. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.

a) Depends on the amount of stress. I may suffer complete emotional breakdown.

b) Wow-wee. Me no like this one. Unexpected change turns me into a complete basket case.

c) Will avoid conflict if at all possible. But like I said, if you threaten my health or safety, you will not win that fight. Guaranteed.

10. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?

Depends on the stranger and how they are behaving. Most strangers who would just insult me like that, I would think, "This person has mental health issues." Flattery from a stranger? I'd probably think "Creepy Stalker!"- especially if it was a creepy-looking guy (I am female).

Optional Questions

11. List some of the traits you like most about yourself.

I am honest, frank, hard-working, have a unique sense of humour, can really open up once I get to know you.

12. List some of the traits you dislike most about yourself.
trait you really want to improve on and explain why.

Hmmm....lots of stuff I dislike, but what to improve. My pessimistic attitude. That needs work. I'm not a fan of optimism, but neutrality would sure help. Also, I would like to continue working on managing my anxiety, as I have been doing.

[Room for two more]

16. What's something you are thankful you have? Why?

My husband. He is the kindest man on earth.

17. What's something you wish you could have? Why?

Freedom from chronic pain. Pain sucks and takes away your ability to live independently.

18. How self-confident are you? What would boost that confidence?

Not at all confident. Don't know what would boost my confidence- getting some things I've always wanted, finally, maybe?

19. What is your overall outlook on your own life?

Very bleak. I wish I could think differently about my life and future.

20. What is your overall outlook on society and humanity?

Society and humanity suck big time in many ways. For every one good person, there are a thousand jerks it seems. Finding decent people to invite into your life can be like looking for a needle in a haystack

I know, very dull and repetitive. But I had to answer honestly.

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
Phobic 6w5, self-pres variant maybe? What do you think about it?

Reactions: Steel Magnolia

·
Banned
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are right, I am a 6w5. The Enneagram test on here types me as 5w6. That is my husband's type, and he has a harder time showing emotion than I do. I am mostly phobic, but my counterphobic side does show through more these days- I love being defiant, at times.

I wonder if sixes are most prone to faith crises. I lost my faith of 24 years in 2006, after a lengthy period of doubt and questioning.

I've often sympathized with underdogs- those who society rejects. Those are the individuals who I often feel a need to defend. I also hate violent crime with a passion. I am going back to school to study to be a legal assistant. I may consider working for a prosecuting attorney, because of my desire to help get justice for victims. I don't know what I will decide in that regard yet.

What made you guess 6w5?

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
Reactions: Steel Magnolia
1 - 6 of 6 Posts