Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i finally worked out my pattern of helplessly falling into stupid sub-types of INTP types
i cant exactly tell why they have such effects on me but something definately resonates with me
they create an atmosphere where there doesn't have to be any fixation to norms at once they aren't harmful.. i relate to and appreciate the eccentric aspects of their thinking.. and i like the veil to their emotions.. the mysterious parts.. (although this did cause me some hurts in the past though) but whatever it is, they seem to trigger emotions that are very stabilising for me i guess

but if there is any stupid or at least non-conventional, not very social, not very established INTP id love to get to know them :-0

have u any soft spot for specific types?

·
Registered
294 Posts
I, too, apparently have a soft spot for INTPs...I married one... :D

Reactions: vel and Pacifique

·
Registered
🌈🎹☮ INFJ 666 sx/sp 🇺🇸💃🏻💋
4,127 Posts
In the past, I definitely had a thing for ENFP's. They have so many qualities that always made my heart melt, but I don't think I could be in a long term relationship with one. I need someone a little more grounded to keep me balanced.

·
Registered
241 Posts
NT's generally...ENTJ's especially. they're like little boys in the way they get so excited about new shiny toys (gagdets/cars) and try and make you laugh (the basics "ooh look what's that over there" then nick your cake icing, funny faces, silly jokes) when they like you. when they have their anxious face on cos they're worried they're gonna hurt your feelings and go out of their way not to. yeah, there's something very childlke and pure about the way they express their affections. :sad: oh, i feel sad now...

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
I click with other NFs in general, especially INFPs and ENFPs, and with ENFJs there is this heightened feeling of solidarity. From the NT bunch I'd have to pick ENTPs. Really haven't had much interaction with INTPs - ones I know irl don't say much in my presence, as soon as I am there they clamp up or something, not sure why. From sensors I would say I have heightened interest in ISTPs and also ISFJs. I also take to INTJs well. Their ability to overanalyze everything (just like we do it) is a real turn-on.

As for a particular soft spot it really depends on the person not the MBTI type.

NT's generally...ENTJ's especially. they're like little boys in the way they get so excited about new shiny toys (gagdets/cars) and try and make you laugh (the basics "ooh look what's that over there" then nick your cake icing, funny faces, silly jokes) when they like you. when they have their anxious face on cos they're worried they're gonna hurt your feelings and go out of their way not to. yeah, there's something very childlke and pure about the way they express their affections. :sad: oh, i feel sad now...
You sure those are ENTJs and not ENTPs? It is easy to mis-test between J and P. That kind of behavior of kid-like excitement over gadgets is actually characteristic of ENTPs. I have been in relationship with one for several years and it was really funny to watch him get himself a new electronic toy and then play with it. I joked with him about it long before I knew about MBTI test. In general ENTPs and ENFPs appear sort of child-like to us INxJs because of their spontaneity, curiosity, ability to learn quickly, and the ease with which they move on from one thing to the next.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
INTP's intrigue me.

Well anyone who I can't figure out amuses me, I need someone who is open to a million possibility always asking questions like me. I freakishly understand people, I need that challenge if I don't understand it right away and I will pro-sue it for good or bad reasons. curiosity gets the best of me.

·
Registered
836 Posts
NTs for me too. No preference among them, but have had good reactions with INTJs, ENTJs, and ENTPs.

That said, I once knew a man I could talk to, without speaking. I liked him very, very much. I think he was another INFJ, believe it or not.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
INFP's, but I wasn't able to hold their interest romantically.
could you expand on this some more please?

i keep having small "curiosity-crushes" on INFPs it seems, have never attempted to have a serious relationship with one tho - would be interesting to know how it goes

·
Registered
507 Posts
Interesting to see how many mentioned INTPs!

That was the first one that came to mind when I saw the title. INTP is the embodiement of all things that intrigue me... The aloofness, mystery, that nerdy quirkyness. INFPs and ESTPs too.

·
Registered
409 Posts
could you expand on this some more please?

i keep having small "curiosity-crushes" on INFPs it seems, have never attempted to have a serious relationship with one tho - would be interesting to know how it goes
Actually it goes really well, for me they are a perfect fit, but when I was young (loooooooooong ago) I didn't do so well with them (or anyone really). If I had been more mature things could have been different, I came on too strong, expected too much commitment, was insecure, etc....

This is just me, but if I were in a position to be looking for a SO, an INFP would be what I would want. I love all NF's, but they are the loveliest of all.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I'm really attracted to NT's for some reason... gahhh. There's something about their brain that is so different LOL

I would like to try being with someone who is an NF? I have two INFP friends, one girl and one boy... and they NEVER leave their house, they always bail on plans I make to spend some time with them lol I just get the feeling maybe they don't want to hang around me. In anyyyy case, it's been so difficult for me to read the INFPs! They're a strange one. intriguing...

·
Registered
71 Posts
INTPs as well.
I've had a few relationships with E/INFPs... didn't work out well. It seems that I need to be NF in the relationship (romantic at least). Most of my closest friends are NF though.

·
Registered
93 Posts
my best friend is an INTP. i seem to attract enfp's to me. i have an idea in my head that i'd be romantically attracted to an INTJ, but i haven't tried that out in reality yet. I find sp's have a lot of inital draw and chemistry to me, but i don't think it's sustainable or something i could commit to romantically. i find enfj's to be the most fun to be around. but all in all, it seems like i have the biggest softspot for nt's, especially hypothetical intj's.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
INTPs for me as well. NTs in general seem to be attracted to me, or I to them, whether romantically or otherwise. The vast majority of my friends are NTs. I have also been attracted to my fellow INFJs on occasion.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts