Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I guess thread would apply to any intuitive personality. But since I am INFJ, I decided to put it here. Is there anything you have done that enhances your intuition? Or do you notice things that seem to block it?

For me, I have noticed that if I during periods when I am more disciplined in meditating, my intuition is stronger.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I have discussed an experiment with a friend. We plan to repeatedly spend time together without speaking, to see if we will be able to pick up on each other's non-verbal cues. At some point, we thought, it might be possible for each of us to read the other's mind without even having to look for visual signals. We have only tried this on one occasion, and still haven't gotten to that point.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
You may, but only if one of the people involved is an INFJ, NephilimAzrael. Actually, please do it anyhow.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Yup he is. But its not my uncle.

So I was talking to some friends in a shopping centre, and was rather sleep deprived at the time. As I was phasing in and out of the conversation I hear one person ask where my INFJ accomplice is.

I remember turning my head towards them but instead of seeing a slack-jawed face staring back I am seeing a landscape and thinking "what the fuck"..

Well being synesthetic and all, my mind near explodes with colours and smells, I get a piercing headache and then I recognise the image.

It is the exterior of the shopping centre about 20yards from the entrance which was near where we as a group were situated. I hear my mate snapping his fingers and come to.

He repeats the question and makes a smart remark about my lack of focus. So while staring away at the wall behind him and phasing in/out of my sensory overload, I simply point at the door and count from 5 to 1 and then say, there. And then he was at the door.

True story.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Yup he is. But its not my uncle.

So I was talking to some friends in a shopping centre, and was rather sleep deprived at the time. As I was phasing in and out of the conversation I hear one person ask where my INFJ accomplice is.

I remember turning my head towards them but instead of seeing a slack-jawed face staring back I am seeing a landscape and thinking "what the fuck"..

Well being synesthetic and all, my mind near explodes with colours and smells, I get a piercing headache and then I recognise the image.

It is the exterior of the shopping centre about 20yards from the entrance which was near where we as a group were situated. I hear my mate snapping his fingers and come to.

He repeats the question and makes a smart remark about my lack of focus. So while staring away at the wall behind him and phasing in/out of my sensory overload, I simply point at the door and count from 5 to 1 and then say, there. And then he was at the door.

True story.
You Stole my Closing.

·
Wizard
3,135 Posts
Extroverted intuition isn't my primary function so it has been a bit slower in developing. For me, it's all about getting outside of my own head.

Interacting with people that can keep up with me as I say everything as quickly as it comes to mind helps a great deal because my N leapfrogs through conversations using any prior knowledge as an anchor point and fuel source. Thought exercises and brainstorming can help me a great deal as well if I'm too wrapped up in a problem to see potential solutions.

·
Registered
525 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
well actually i haven't done anything to develop my intuition..
i just go with the flow..
try to trust my intuition more and more each day..
I think somehow it will develope my intuition ..

·
Registered
743 Posts
Listening to it has made mine stronger. It comes in clearer. "The Universe delights in revealing it's secrets to you because you listen." Very true. I also find my intuition is stronger and clearer after I do artwork or listen to music. Big time after the artwork. I guess because I am so focused my head shuts out all the fluff.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I lately hear to Theta waves in a frequency that puts me in exactly that state where you are between asleep and awake. This brings me closer to paranormal phenomena and explodes the intuitive preference.
I do everything based upon my intuition. When i become some sudden solution or thought, feeling or sense i instantly use it, so as to reassure to my subconscious i would trust my intuition above everything else.
I also have developed my extraverted sensing, as far as it goes, trying to pay much more attention to concrete data, so that my internal intuition gathers more sub cues.
I pay constant attention to what is happening at the moment, control my dreamer tendency to show me only virtual possibilities, pay attention to how my body is reacting to the environment and what is running trough my head (jokes, thoughts, songs, fantasies, etc.). In other words i act from within as an active observer. This has given me far too many great experiences in controlling mind and body, getting intense concrete data, etc.

I know a couple of things as facts:
when you desire something subconsciously it can turn instantly real.
when you control your rush of feelings gs and strain of thoughts you are sitting in the command center and can give orders to your internal and external reality.
states of awareness depend on the rhythm your brain waves are flowing and your current necessities (this is malleable).

Anyways i would love to hear if someone has had extraordinary experiences like the one NephilimAzrael told us :laughing:

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Being I'm Ne I always try and solve mysteries and piece things together.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I have discussed an experiment with a friend. We plan to repeatedly spend time together without speaking, to see if we will be able to pick up on each other's non-verbal cues. At some point, we thought, it might be possible for each of us to read the other's mind without even having to look for visual signals. We have only tried this on one occasion, and still haven't gotten to that point.
That sounds so cool. I want to try this!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Meditation a hour a day, half of the time focus on my breath to help increases my concentration(no thoughts allows) then the other half in my Theta state thinking ,feeling, seeing.

Reactions: Susanna
1 - 20 of 82 Posts