Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ Enneagram 9
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

"INTP PERFECTIONISM & INTP NITPICKING. When falling in love, most of us are known to romanticise our partners and to only look at the good qualities in another person. We enter into a honeymoon stage where everything is pink clouds and where there are no storms in the horizon. This is rarely true for INTPs. The Introverted Thinking types have a habit of wanting to pick apart the things they love. But why do INTPs look for problems in good things?"

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Oh god, having been involved with a number of INTPs in the past, they have a pattern. They circle you like a shark with smaller circles each time you 'pass' their sniff test. As the circles grow smaller, they ping you to test you and the possibility for engagement. This is the point that you're both talking about. Then comes the extended engagements when they're fairly sure that there's a possibility for greater engagement. And finally, it's full court press, attention bombing like mad.

·
Registered
INTP 6w7
2,196 Posts
Oh god, having been involved with a number of INTPs in the past, they have a pattern. They circle you like a shark with smaller circles each time you 'pass' their sniff test. As the circles grow smaller, they ping you to test you and the possibility for engagement. This is the point that you're both talking about. Then comes the extended engagements when they're fairly sure that there's a possibility for greater engagement. And finally, it's full court press, attention bombing like mad.
This could be the way you are doing things which makes the problem worse (probably the problem will still be there to some extent, but I imagine you could lessen it).

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I don't criticize people unless they are exceptionally difficult. But, I pick apart ideas because ideas have no feelings, but still, people who are supporters of an idea would get mad at me for picking it apart. When that happens, I usually just shut up and mentally mark that person as "not an idea person" so I won't make the mistake again of playfully debating with him/her.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
I really, really liked Susan Gauthier in the second grade. So I put gum in her hair.

Peter Pan Syndrome for the win.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts