Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was diagnosed with ADD last year after almost 25 years struggling with structured education.

I have recently begun to wonder if I really have ADD or if it is just my ISFP personality.

Have you been diagnosed as well? Do you think it has anything to do with your personality?

Thanks!

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I have been diagnosed with ADD, and I realize that there is a huge stereotype of ENFPs having low attention spans or bouncing from topic to topic. But I don't think it's normal to not be able to concentrate no matter how hard to try or to have to read lines in books several times to grasp it because your mind keeps wandering. And there was a thread in the ENFP section, many people hadn't been diagnosed with ADD and didn't suspect themselves of having it. There's a difference between having a personality that craves change and novelty and having an actual problem with attention or concentration. I also had(and I don't have it so much anymore) a problem with doing things, even if I enjoyed them. That doesn't seem like it would be a personality trait.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I have read a couple of ISFP profiles and one of them mentioned that we have trouble with traditional methods of teaching. Sitting in a classroom and such. We are 'doers' who are happier with hands on learning.

This isn't always true. I can sit in a classroom(tho studying from books is tedious) if the subject is interesting to me and I can ask and answer questions. If it is a subject I am not really interested in...and it isn't presented in an engaging way..I can hardly focus.

I have always done well with English and related subjects. Everything else I have a hard to staying on task and paying attention.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts