Personality Cafe banner

So you like to fight?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Birdie Borracho
9,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, let's get physical! For me, fighting seems unnecessary. I'd rather not fight anyone, physically. Instead, I would prefer to have a verbal spat. Even then, it's rare that I'm heated in that way. The only real fights I get in are internet peacocking which can be oh so delicious. Still, I've gotten in some fights. Thankfully, I can say I've never got my ass whooped. I have whooped 2 guys' asses, though. But most of the fights I've been in were short lived and usually broken up. They were during the formative years and the last fight I was in was 6-7 years ago. At 28, I have way more to lose by throwing down with someone and I'm much more agreeable too so ESTPs have stopped giving me weird looks.

Anyway, what is your status as a fighter?

·
King of Swing
8,790 Posts
Loads. Not anymore though. But I still can. I've also done boxing... I never had the discipline so I eventually just went up to get punched. Now though, I avoid them like the plague, and notice when somebody (a friend) would seem like one to attract it.

The rumours are still around of me hyped by the local idiots, which also attracts attention I don't want. But I disappeared for a while and left that image, and now that I'm back people I don't even know still think of me as those rumours. So I'm just going to distance myself from those that generate the wrong hype and stay with the ones that understand, and are mentally stable. Most of the hypers are still taking drugs. :)

·
Birdie Borracho
9,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Loads. Not anymore though. But I still can. I've also done boxing... I never had the discipline so I eventually just went up to get punched. Now though, I avoid them like the plague, and notice when somebody (a friend) would seem like one to attract it.

The rumours are still around of me hyped by the local idiots, which also attracts attention I don't want. But I disappeared for a while and left that image, and now that I'm back people I don't even know still think of me as those rumours. So I'm just going to distance myself from those that generate the wrong hype and stay with the ones that understand, and are mentally stable. Most of the hypers are still taking drugs. :)
So "I have been in a lot of fights with mixed results do to circumstance." would be what you should vote.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I was in a few fights throughout high school and a couple as an adult. I'm not afraid to throw down if someone is threatening me or someone I care about.

Happily I stay home so much now that this isn't a concern anymore.

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
What about physical fights with an older sibling?
If that counts, then I've gotten into many fights hahah :tongue:Fighting infp!! And I'm proud to say I'd usually win despite being younger:)
But That was in the past, not within the last 7 years or so. I've gotten a lot more sensitive and conflict avoidant now so I wouldn't want to get into a fight. At this point, there are better and smarter ways of dealing with things. I would not go looking for a fight at all!!

But sometimes... when I see a mostly harmless fight going on, a part of me gets a little excited... :kitteh:

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
The only real physical fights I've had was with my brother while growing up. Must've been 20+ years ago now. Kids rough-housing or whatever.

As an adult, the only fighting I get into is play wrestling with my partners and silly pillow fights on occassion, lol. Not only is actual fighting pretty pointless most of the time, but I need eyeglasses to see and those are the first things to get broken. I have no need for that nonsense.

Now emotional fighting, with like partners and stuff? I end up there sometimes (despite not being too great at it), but it has never and will never get physical in terms of throwing punches or whatever. Though I'm super curious about angry or make-up sex, haha. Never had that happen.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
I've been in a lot of fights, though not so much in recent years, and I rarely lost, but I can't say I enjoyed it, I certainly didn't love fighting. I always did love sparring and competition matches though, I suspect I still do but I rarely have the opportunity nowadays.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hmmm... When it comes to physical fights, I used to fight with my sister when I was younger. And with that one guy in the first grade of primary school. Though now I prefer not to. I think my physical state wouldn't allow me, and it's not necessarily the best type of thing one can do.

·
Beer Guardian
PerC Host, ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE
14,965 Posts
"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." - Issac Asimov

I'll fight if cornered, or sufficiently provoked, but I'm going to try to defuse the situation first. I've been in fights. I've won some, I've lost some. I've avoided more.

I started a fight only once. I was arrested and had to show up for court. The other guy never showed. Charges dropped. He was on a flight from Chicago to Vegas with my (then) wife and mother-in-law. He blatantly sprayed cologne and laughed while people around him were having breathing problems because of it. He made fun of an over-weight woman who had to use oxygen because of him, telling his son that's why fat people suck. He was loud, obnoxious, and boisterous, and the flight crew refused to rein him in. He made the 4.5 hour flight miserable for my spouse and her mom (who's hyper-sensitive to chemicals and scents). I was arrested and taken to the airport police station. The guy I pushed was out in the lobby of the station making my (ex) wife cry when she came to see what was happening. The cops totally sided with me, even though I was the one who pushed him. They said the other guy was being a total prick. The cops knew I was a veteran and that I was only standing up for my (ex) wife and her mom. They said it was a good thing I only pushed him and didn't hit him, because that would have been battery. It came to nothing. That guy really needed to be knocked down a few pegs. I can't stand obnoxious bully types.

·
Banned
1,393 Posts
I couldn't find an appropriate option to vote for. While I do not seek to start fights, it is also difficult to articulate the many enjoyable ways to end an aggressor's miserable excuse for a life.

·
Banned
3,936 Posts
Just a few times at school, each time ended with my opponent in ambulance or just with smashed face. Never made me feel better, but at least stopped the bullying from escalating.
Got in a few fights with father at different ages, and last time actually had to hold back. I swear I was ready to kill him.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Alright, let's get physical! For me, fighting seems unnecessary. I'd rather not fight anyone, physically. Instead, I would prefer to have a verbal spat. Even then, it's rare that I'm heated in that way. The only real fights I get in are internet peacocking which can be oh so delicious. Still, I've gotten in some fights. Thankfully, I can say I've never got my ass whooped. I have whooped 2 guys' asses, though. But most of the fights I've been in were short lived and usually broken up. They were during the formative years and the last fight I was in was 6-7 years ago. At 28, I have way more to lose by throwing down with someone and I'm much more agreeable too so ESTPs have stopped giving me weird looks.

Anyway, what is your status as a fighter?
Why is a Parrot peacocking?

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
I try to avoid them as much as possible. However, I had an older sister that only understood when you conquered her butt physically. So, yeah, I've fought all my life. I'd rather battle in a debate, but some people only listen to getting their butt beat. I'm scrappy and a believe that it's a good thing to know what to do. Learn how to fight! At least learn self defense. You never will regret knowing how to fight! You must know the basics!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Angry kid = lots of fights lol, but I never was a bully (quite often fought for the underdog).

Though, I do enjoy fighting very much.

·
Banned
1,080 Posts
I'm not going to count middle and high school pushing/shoving (no punches).

As an adult, I don't start shit, and people don't mess with me.

·
Registered
225 Posts
hey @Parrot lemme pull some feathers :tongue:
So while I have never been ''in a fight'' I have been in situations where fighting might be necessary.
I do not mean punch someone, I mean where someone approaches you with the intent to kill, or with enough bad intent coming from them that their intent becomes muddled and is taken as a threat.

What I found is time seems to slow down and things become very focused.
I had a person jump out with a fake knife while I and a few girls were walking. I had his arm twisted back and would have cracked it before noting
A: terror on his face
B: knife is fake.

Then I had a person attempt to either mug or attempt to kill me.
I reacted by stabbing them with a small tool kept on a keychain a Skullkey which was purchased with the intent of becoming a Kubotan. I also carry around a tactile pen & my cellphone & watch has a hidden blade. & I keep zip-ties in my socks.

So..
I don't know how I would react in a ''fight'' where someone wants to fight for the thrill of throwing a punch.
all to quickly I would see the situation as a threat and react to nullify the situation.

·
Birdie Borracho
9,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hey @Parrot lemme pull some feathers :tongue:
So while I have never been ''in a fight'' I have been in situations where fighting might be necessary.
I do not mean punch someone, I mean where someone approaches you with the intent to kill, or with enough bad intent coming from them that their intent becomes muddled and is taken as a threat.

What I found is time seems to slow down and things become very focused.
I had a person jump out with a fake knife while I and a few girls were walking. I had his arm twisted back and would have cracked it before noting
A: terror on his face
B: knife is fake.

Then I had a person attempt to either mug or attempt to kill me.
I reacted by stabbing them with a small tool kept on a keychain a Skullkey which was purchased with the intent of becoming a Kubotan. I also carry around a tactile pen & my cellphone & watch has a hidden blade. & I keep zip-ties in my socks.

So..
I don't know how I would react in a ''fight'' where someone wants to fight for the thrill of throwing a punch.
all to quickly I would see the situation as a threat and react to nullify the situation.
By all means, gotta defend you and others.

Have you not been in any heated fights though, that were not necessarily life and death?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Have you not been in any heated fights though, that were not necessarily life and death?
I'v never found someone who can make a convincing argument that would make me angry. In the event of logic I never realized, I'll listen, shut down, process the info and respond in kind, or add their info. I don't 100% understand people who get angry over arguments. Now I HAVE gotten other people spitting mad, where they attempt to get in my face. Me I simply dont care as long as I can back up and get distance. That's about the time I'll turn on my taser and warn someone to back up. As long as something isn't a threat I don't care. If someone is brain food lets dance verbally. and if someone actually pisses me off? Well then they have bigger problems.

For some reason I can't differentiate ''cock fighting'' with the Colosseum. Maybe that's what a parrot is for.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts