Personality Cafe banner

So you like to fight?

• Total voters
61 - 80 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't prefer to fight, since I'm rather small and not really agressive.
Whenever I get into a fight, what rarely happens I calm it down, and try to avoid contact, doesn't always work tho.
People who know me only by name in my area are somewhat scared to fight me, because even though I'm smaller than them , I have a kind of agressive stigma. The fact that I don't always look that friendly, am quite strong and do martial arts helps that image.
The only time I pick fights is when somebody is picking on my friends or something. I've read about ISTJ loyalty somewhere :wink:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think fighting shows that we all make immediate responding before reasoning
I've read somewhere that when we fight even before we engage we already made up our minds wether we are going to hit the other person or not. So I would say that we do think before fighting and sometimes a fight can't be avoided.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've never been in a fight, as I'm a very non violent kind of guy. I guess I wouldn't like it, but I bet it would be an interesting experience, as it always is when I break out of my comfort zone.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Unarmed combat is very inefficient, chaotic, and should be avoided at all costs. Probably one of the easiest ways to get killed. Unfortunately, on very rare occasion it has happened to me.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
So many fights as a child I can't remember. In highschool no-one would fight with me because they thought I was crazy. :laughing:

In the poor, drug-ridden ghetto/projects of NYC where I grew up, fighting was just a part of life. So I didn't see fights as big deal. It's was like saying I'm going to the store to buy milk. it was kinda like a sport. You ate breakfast, played some basketball with your friends, fought, then went home and had dinner with your family and hoped your parents don't catch any bruises on your face. It was just the guy thing to do. I enjoyed it. No one got too fucked up though. Like no-one lost a tooth or eye or stuff.

I always had a thing for bullies. I would literally start fights with bullies in school. I didn't like the way they picked off on the other kids, would make my blood boil because they had no honor in them. So I always hunted those motherfuckers down with gusto. These bastards were usually maybe 3 times bigger than me, and I always thought to myself, "brah, dafaq are you doing? You want to die?". Everytime I got into trouble with them I would see this vision of myself getting stitches in a hospital with a nurse by my side. They never manage to send me to the hospital tho. XD Anyway I learned from a young age that these big dudes were all just pussies who picked on dudes smaller than themselves and had never been in a real fight and would shit their pants if someone who even approximated their own size stood up to them.

funny story, basically all of my good childhood friends were bullies who i fucked up in a fight for one reason or another and somehow gained their undying loyalty.

What part of NYC?

And yes, I have but I avoid them because I know what I am capable of when pushed to that limit and unlike others I don't fight for ego.

·
Heretic
ESI 9w8 5w4 2w1
10,667 Posts
Yes once for real, I wish it never happened.
Despite having trained martial arts for years,
I was not ready for the trauma of actually being in a situation where I tried to kill.
He was scared shitless of me because he realized that his life was in danger and he flipped out.
I was scared shitless of myself when I realized what I've actually tried to do.
And almost succeeded doing.

Not a good day for either of us.

·
Banned
800 Posts
Some brawls with idiots when very young. It was confusing since I could've easily killed them. Thug-cousin randomly assaulted me a few time till he finally went off to prison. He tried to start shit before he went back, which was odd since he shrank to a semi-sickly fuck, and I expanded to >300 lbs. According to Mother, I'd have to call the cops on his ass myself, so I'd have had to beat him to the ground first. So much for being assured I'd never have to deal with the guy in my life, particularly in this house. I roughed up gay-cousin a few times he started shit too. Think he liked it.

The closest to a real fight as a kid ended when I hit the guy in the head, which bounced off the wall then the floor. A few years later as an adolescent I caught two older guys harassing my crush's litter brother. Didn't realize what I was doing till I'd literally thrown the lanky one at the chubby one. They vanished into a dark room through the doorway the latter was standing in, due to the impact, and I heard the outer door open. Wish they'd came back ..and that I beat that little shit myself afterward. He grew to be a jackass like pretty much my entire 3-4 combined grades class, when they realized I wasn't going to assault them over words. That did take over a decade ...for the boys. "Sassiness" is cultural here, so the girls were so much more abusive so much earlier, with full expectation of impunity, which the adults backed up, even with preemptive punishment, just in case we didn't know we were relative subhumans yet. None got physical with ME though...

Thing about that incident is, I didn't conscious make a choice. I literally charged around a corner, after a split second image of feet dragging around it. I was questioning why I was even running; then, everything (well, the thing) happened, leaving me standing alone in the shadowy hall, recalling what apparently happened. Around that time, I had the fundie school principal sit me down, so he could talk down to me from his standing lowness. I suddenly found myself, learning over his desk, yelling at him as he tried to crawl backward into the recessed window like a scared rodent. Good thing he didn't try it face to face... Apparently though, aside from berserk triggers, I have excellent reflexes, which still might put me in prison some day. Improv weaponry and human weaknesses IMMEDIATELY occur to me, which I've had experts with records confirm to perverse amusement, so I've been trying to not kill people for decades. Besides, cops posture at me for existing in proximity, so I know they want an excuse.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I've been in plenty of fights with my older brother when i was younger. We would always fight over toys and stupid stuff. Sadly he usually won because he was older and stronger than me at the time. As for a random stranger no. But i have been in a physical fight with my friend when he was once mad at me. Long story short, he was mad at me because his crush kept on talking to me instead of him and he got all jealous and thought i was trying to steal her away from him all because he told me his crush. So he pushed me away and i pushed him back. We got into a huge fight and we were both sent to the office. It was crazy but we eventually apologized.

·
Registered
266 Posts
People who think that fighting is desirable have either never actually been in one, or are psychopaths. And as far as psychopaths go, only the really stupid ones will actually get in them just for kicks. I'm not talking about some hippie bullcrap here, the reason is simple: every physical encounter comes with it a chance for irreversible injury, regardless of how likely you think it is that you will come out victorious. Even the biggest wimp could be concealing a knife or gun, or could get a lucky hit in. Why would you risk that?

Even if you win cleanly, what if you go too far? If you get a hit in that kills him? You might go to jail. Why would you want that?

Don't get me wrong, there are situations where you have to, but you should not want to.

I've been in one fight, in middle-school, which could have ended very badly for me. I'll skip the action, but it ended up with the guy on the floor in front of me, exposed. I was only seeing red, but as I raised my shoe to stomp his throat in, I pictured my mom's face, and how sad she would be if I did it. So I pulled back and left. Little shit never realized how close he came to buying it.

·
Banned
800 Posts
Don't agree with someone? It's best just to walk away.
Yeah, but when walking away from intrusive assholes means walking away from pretty much everything all the time? I generally feel like smashing skulls all the time. There's a reason, which I can't walk away from, not as long as Earth is round, and there's no where else to go.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Yeah, but when walking away from intrusive assholes means walking away from pretty much everything all the time? I generally feel like smashing skulls all the time. There's a reason, which I can't walk away from, not as long as Earth is round, and there's no where else to go.
Get some help with anger management.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Yes lol ENTJ-female-17 fairly popular

From what I've read it seems like the type 8's get into fights quite often when provoked especially since we're confrontational
I've said this multiple times here but my fiancé is an ENTP 8 and used to do MMA, so yes 😂

As an INFP 9w1... Yes actually...

·
Registered
763 Posts
INTJ

I'm not sure what counts - I'll exclude everything before high school.

When I was 16, I got into a fight with a classmate. Funny thing, it all started because he stole my pen. To get it back, I waited standing next to him until the teacher asked why I'm there and he told my classmate to give me the pen back. The next break my classmate put his elbow around my neck while standing behind me. I hit him, he hit me back and it was at first like a game but each hit was stronger. I ended up with a stitch on my hand and he ended up with two broken teeth.

I haven't been part of any real physical fight since.
I wouldn't start a physical conflict, but I'll respond if somebody hits me. I avoid such situations so it was never necessary to get in a fight since.

61 - 80 of 120 Posts