Personality Cafe banner

So you like to fight?

• Total voters
81 - 100 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
yep, plenty times. for the right reasons, as well as wrong ones.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have gotten into many fights before, both verbal and physical. I love physical fights, for some reason. I even have them sometimes just for fun!

I am a very aggressive person, and I have a bit if a tendency to be somewhat stubborn about having it my way. I also love debating. And I find both watching fights, and fighting entertaining!

·
Registered
292 Posts
I consider fighting a sign of weakness, and I much prefer peace. Its also a big financial risk for an established Gen X adult. However, I'm less tolerant of entitled bullies than I used to be, and the millennial generation is full of them. I have the occaisional face off with a pushy dbag. Its usually a space invader at a concert or some alpha jerk who disrespects a lady in my group that sets me off. Once I hit my breaking point, I get into their personal space and stare into their eyes with boiling rage. They always back down and scamper off. I do generally retreat from sketchy drunks, though. Not worth the trouble.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Normally I just destroy people with my reasonings, but there was this guy in primary school that regularly bullied me, so one day I strangled (is it the correct term?) him with my hands while hitting his head against the wall. He never bothered me again.
Apart from that, no, i've never been in a fight.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
I got in a slap fight in grade 7. It was meant as a joke, like just a light slap across his face for emphasis but he slapped back and I could not let that stand so I slapped back and etc. Now two things complicated this slapfight 1) it was in the assembly yard during recess so we had a huge audience 2) I was a prefect and was decidedly NOT suppose to get in slapfights. I was winning because my body was treating this as a full on physical threat and time seemed to slow down so I was blocking every other slap from this guy while landing each of my own but I was becoming acutely aware of all the eyes, so in desperation I went for a body blow. It landed but then he went for a body blow. Realizing I had made everything much worse I started to cry. Not because of the body blow though it really wasn't that hard, I was the slap queen. But yeah crying obviously just compounded everything.

~sigh~

#trauma

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
I misvoted, meant to choose the third option below. No I do not have 'alot' but did have some in primary school. I avoid fighting if I risk get caught in any situations of extreme verbal harassment/pain within an argument and nearly 'cry' when I can't not punch somebody in the face/teeth who was insulting and hurting me badly?

I was never a 'victim' because in primary school or elementary I always had the chance to physically deal with spiteful people(hit them until they agreed to leave me alone), one of the only times I got 'beaten up' was by some step-sister with some issue giving them violent tendencies that only lived with me for 2 months whom was much older than me when I was 4. They got caught punching me in a room and dragged off me, was trying to take an object off me I refused to give them and apparently frequently bashed me but I don't remember a thing aside from what I got told about it.

Omg I wish you could change your vote.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've never gotten physical but I did not hesitate to scare the living shit out of my ex who told me my laugh could make a baby cry. I think he meant in a friendly joking way but honestly if your idea of friendly banter is saying terrible things about someones physical appearence or something else they can't control, I really don't want to be friends with you.

I almost punched a homophobe once, well I would have punched him but we were texting and not in person so I didn't get the chance.

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
I have gotten into many fights before, both verbal and physical. I love physical fights, for some reason. I even have them sometimes just for fun!

I am a very aggressive person, and I have a bit if a tendency to be somewhat stubborn about having it my way. I also love debating. And I find both watching fights, and fighting entertaining!
For physical aren't you afraid of police arresting since it could be reportable for 'assault' as a felony by either them/or somebody else if you punched somebody? Thus there is the risk of staining record or even death if it turns into a 'real fight'?

I actually wished that you could sometimes hit somebody that strongly hurt you non-physically or said something that did so without legal consequences.

And in your opinion what is the difference between fighting to get rid of what bothers you or 'for the sake of it'?

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
I had some fights in school.

Looking back at a few of them it's somehow funny haha.

·
Registered
69 Posts

For physical aren't you afraid of police arresting since it could be reportable for 'assault' as a felony by either them/or somebody else if you punched somebody? Thus there is the risk of staining record or even death if it turns into a 'real fight'?

I actually wished that you could sometimes hit somebody that strongly hurt you non-physically or said something that did so without legal consequences.

And in your opinion what is the difference between fighting to get rid of what bothers you or 'for the sake of it'?
Nope, I am not really afraid of getting arrested by the police, mainly because I avoid fighting that could get me in trouble. I mostly just play fight, or fight verbally. And the difference is that while fighting for sake of it, usually refers to fighting either for fun, or to let out steam. Meanwhile fighting to get rid of what bothers me refers to either self defense, or standing up for yourself.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
nah but sometimes I really want to punch other people in the face. Don't know if it's pure violence or not.

·
EvilShoutyRudolph
5,099 Posts

Same.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Plenty, only lost one. Normally I leave the scuffle before the cops get there. I grew up protecting those around me, fighting was just a way of life for me.been in and out of martial arts my whole life, can handle scenarios whether they are peaceful or unpeaceful.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I've done martial arts but that's probably not going to pique most people's interest. Here's a more entertaining story:

When I graduated high school, after the ceremony, our class was treated to a "Grad Night" party inside our school. There was laser tag, pizza, an obstacle course, a movie showing, dancing and music, a cartoonist who would draw you...this was when the Guitar Hero games were massively popular so they set up Guitar Hero II with a massive projector on a wall so anyone could play it. I had challenged one of my classmates to a contest before we graduated, and we started playing.

During one song, this dweeby young man, who I'd had one class with (freshman year science class) and was rather annoying to me in that class, steps in front of the projector screen while I'm playing, in an attempt to block my view and cause me to lose. I have a guitar controller in my hands. I don't have much time. And I'm pissed off. So instinctually, I run up to him, kick him in the crotch, causing him to topple over, slowly pick himself up, and hobble back to sitting with his girlfriend nearby, who was lecturing him with "why did you do that? You were interrupting him!" Freaking hysterical. And if I recall correctly I won the Guitar Hero contest too. It was a night of epic badassery.

81 - 100 of 120 Posts