Personality Cafe banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was it successful? Or just a bad experience.
Can ENFP male/ISFJ female pair be different from ENFP female/ISFJ male?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I'm convinced I have an ISFJ ex, but I'm not 100% sure.

Overly attached girlfriend sums her up pretty well. She was very attached, very clingy, very "madly in love" with me. Which I actually consider a plus to be honest, I kind of miss that. I felt like we could talk about anything, and she was always up for doing anything. I've heard ISFJs make great "partners in crime" for ENFPs, and in my experience that is totally true. She was also extremely hardworking which I admired and respected. Also the sex was amazing. ISFJs love very deeply and intensely, and they see sex as a way to show that, and trust me it shows. The best sex I've ever had was with an ISFJ. Anyway moving on.

The bad: She was extremely emotionally manipulative. I think she was a very unhealthy ISFJ so that's gotta be part of it, but I don't think there is anything she wouldn't do to get her way. Throwing Tantrums, guilt tripping, etc. Going along with the overly attached girlfriend theme, she was also very jealous, and did things like demand to check my phone. Which got old really fast. ISFJs REALLY like to complain. I can't tell you how many hours of my life I have wasted on the phone hearing her go on and on about pointless drama at work or whatever. Lastly, I don't think she had a spontaneous bone in her body. She wanted to plan out everything, and I mean everything. In hindsight I realize it was just something she enjoyed thinking about and talking about, just like I enjoy coming up with possibilities. She never seemed to mind when things didn't go to plan, which is bound to happen when you're with an ENFP.

To be honest, I would totally date another ISFJ, assuming they were more mature than my ex. When it comes to love, nobody can match the intensity of an IxFJ. Plus I'm more mature now myself, and more assertive, I can set boundaries if necessary. That is one potentially bad thing, I avoided conflict too much, and I'm sure she did too. In a long term relationship, that could probably blow up in a huge way down the road.

Here's a thread that went into ENFP ISFJ relationships a bit. http://personalitycafe.com/enfp-for...sfj-guy-enfp-girl-relationship-questions.html

Reactions: _Observer_

·
Registered
Beta Gang - EIE 3w4 - 368 sx/so
4,750 Posts
Try the beta quadra. When you ll be with one of us, you ll actually regret your tamed down ISFJ :laughing:

Any person can be truelly intense when they re gettin into the heartfull love territory. Its the most marvelous thing. Its also usually when it clash if the two persons aren't on the same wavelength

·
Registered
55 Posts
I know an ISFJ..She's a heavily compulsive liar and I can not staaaand her.
She focuses on drama and she needs to experience all of these feelings that just aren't needed.
I could never have a romantic relationship with one if they all act like that, I wouldn't know, though.

·
Registered
Beta Gang - EIE 3w4 - 368 sx/so
4,750 Posts
I know an ISFJ..She's a heavily compulsive liar and I can not staaaand her.
She focuses on drama and she needs to experience all of these feelings that just aren't needed.
I could never have a romantic relationship with one if they all act like that, I wouldn't know, though.
You realise you re contradictin yourself in not even four lines ?

The only ISFJ I know for example, is like, the most upbeat, strong, toughest, wisest and most combative person I've ever met. He's my yin. I'm his yang. And he also have a pretty fucking crazy good heart.

And yet he's so self sacrificing, it hurts. In a good way, to see that he got such a thick skin that he can endure anything or take all the blame even if he's not at fault.

I'd be working for him if I lived in California

Individuals, individuals.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You realise you re contradictin yourself in not even four lines ?

The only ISFJ I know for example, is like, the most upbeat, strong, toughest, wisest and most combative person I've ever met. He's my yin. I'm his yang. And he also have a pretty fucking crazy good heart.

And yet he's so self sacrificing, it hurts. In a good way, to see that he got such a thick skin that he can endure anything or take all the blame even if he's not at fault.

I'd be working for him if I lived in California

Individuals, individuals.
Alright~ Remember that I said "if they all act like that, I wouldn't know, though."
That's because I've only met one "ISFJ" who now that you prove it, might be another type. She took the test and got that, is all. So relax~ I'm not calling all ISFJs bad people or anything.
EDIT: Also, because you're ESTP, you may view ISFJs fully differently than I do. What you find self sacrificing, I might find stupid, etc. We view people differently!~

Reactions: _Observer_

·
Registered
503 Posts
I don't know about ENFPs, but I was friends with a P type, and the thing I found difficult was not her indecisiveness, but her lack of communication. I don't mind doing something spontaneously, but communication is key. This might have to do more with love languages than type, though.

·
MOTM November 2013
2,702 Posts
Not yet.

·
Registered
26 Posts
One of my closest friends is a Chilean ISFJ, and I'm an ENFP - she is my closest and my most loyal, consistent friend to date. She is also quite spontaneous, partly due to her South American cultural background. I think that helps to balance out her J side!

I actually know two ENFP female and ISFJ male couples offline, and they seem to do quite well. I think it has a lot of positive potential. The main issue I can see coming up is just the issue of two Feeling types struggling to resolve conflict, and becoming passive-aggressive or sweeping things under the rug.

Yet this could also occur with any two Feeling types in a relationship, if they have not developed good communication and assertiveness skills.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I love ISFJs! Well, at least mature ones. I practically fell in love with an ISFJ guy a couple of months ago...although it really honestly wouldn't have worked. My biggest hurdle was his "SJ-ness"...he was traditional and religious to the degree that he called me out politely on my lack of modesty in the way that I was dressed. This is after we'd known each other for a long time and become close friends. Ok, he found a way to say it that was sweet and gentle, but honestly, I couldn't put up with that in a guy I'm into. His ability to observe little details about me, and his efforts to understand me despite our differences...were nothing short of flattering. ISFJs are very skilled at compliments, being sensitive to our emotional ups and downs, understanding when it comes to difficulties with over thinking things, and honestly very loyal friends. I don't know if I'll ever find one that I'd be in a relationship with, but am honestly glad for the ISFJ friends I have in my life, girls and guys alike.

Reactions: AdroElectro

·
Read Only
88 Posts
"SJ-ness"...he was traditional and religious
I've met plenty of SJ non-believers. I doubt religiousness and/or traditionalism is type related.
Keirsey's model is very suspicious, behavioristic. I doubt that behavior is a firm foundation to judge about someone's real, true personality. Move along, nothing to see here, just venting. Sorry for being such a grump.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I've met plenty of SJ non-believers. I doubt religiousness and/or traditionalism is type related.
Keirsey's model is very suspicious, behavioristic. I doubt that behavior is a firm foundation to judge about someone's real, true personality. Move along, nothing to see here, just venting. Sorry for being such a grump.
You're forgiven. ^_^

Reactions: 232162

·
Registered
26 Posts
Actually, I've noticed that even non-religious SJs can still have a very "traditional" conservative view of things. This may not always be the case, but I've seen this in SJs I know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts