Personality Cafe banner

Have you ever been in love?

• Yes I have been in a mutually loving relationship.

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • No I have not been in a mutually loving relationship.

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • I have been in love with someone who did not love me back.

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • love? wtf is that?

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a poll I am taking to satisfy my curiousity.

The options reflect what it is that I would like to know.

Reactions: SunKissed

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
having to worry about another person would just hold me back, so nope. I AM a bit open to finding a girlfriend, but as for now, as I said, don't need a leash and a shock/explosive collar put on me yet.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Where's the "Yes, I am in a mutually loving relationship, and I intend to keep it that way" option?
A leash is fine if you take it on by choice. The explosive collar thing, on the other hand, not much so. But that's just a question of finding the right person.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reactions: sharoni21

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
I'm not sure what the results of this would prove. I feel like most people will love someone without them being loved in return until they find "the one" or someone damn close and it just doesn't work out.

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Maybe for the short term flings, ISTPs can claim love, but they can't make a commitment to love someone in the long term.
That statement couldn't be any more wrong, unless by ISTP you mean 20 year old male ISTP's, then I might agree, but we grow out of that once we realize our impulses are wrong when it comes to relationships.

·
Banned
13 Posts
That statement couldn't be any more wrong, unless by ISTP you mean 20 year old male ISTP's, then I might agree, but we grow out of that once we realize our impulses are wrong when it comes to relationships.
I'd like to see one adult, mature ISTP who is and has been in the same long-term committed relationship for a long time and is still happy and in-love..... anyone? anyone at all?

·
Banned
27 Posts
I'm only 30, but have been in a committed, monogamous relationship for 3 years now. I fall more and more in love with my S.O. everyday.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Maybe for the short term flings, ISTPs can claim love, but they can't make a commitment to love someone in the long term.
Troll.
I love chasing trolls, though, so here goes:
Not being able to make a commitment means not being stubborn. Which means that pretty much every ISTP I know is very much able to make a commitment, thank you very much.
We don't make our commitments in a fluffy, spaced out way, though: Love to me is a pretty dynamic thing which needs to be strengthened to not fade away. My commitment consists of doing something every day to keep the love strong. That seems to have worked pretty well over the years.

Of course it might just be that I'm married to someone who doesn't whip out in stupid, generalized accusations...

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
Love to me is a pretty dynamic thing which needs to be strengthened to not fade away. My commitment consists of doing something every day to keep the love strong. That seems to have worked pretty well over the years.
Wonderful, excellent. Very good advice. Wisdom personified.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I'd like to see one adult, mature ISTP who is and has been in the same long-term committed relationship for a long time and is still happy and in-love..... anyone? anyone at all?
My father in law. He married his high school sweetheart and they're still happily married 40 years later.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Where's the "Yes, I am in a mutually loving relationship, and I intend to keep it that way" option?
A leash is fine if you take it on by choice. The explosive collar thing, on the other hand, not much so. But that's just a question of finding the right person.
My ISTP boyfriend is that way :blushed:. I don't do the whole explosive collar thing thought. He has no intentions of breaking up with me but he only thinks about the present or the next day. (Maybe a month ahead at max)

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Not that I know of. I dated one once. Dumped him after about 3-4 months of dating. I couldn't take it anymore.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I answered yes.

But my mind comes back to the question "first of all, what do you think love is?". Soceity (especially in the media) has poisoned most peoples understanding of what 'love' really is that I usually have to pick apart the question asker for what his/her "idea" of love actually is.

zynthaxx's explanation works well for me.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.