·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah... I kind of interested in stalkers atm

·
Registered
785 Posts
Yea I was stalked more then once... By some girls that think Im 'cute'. Ohh, those girl stalkers are never date-able. Why can't I, for once, get stalked by some girl I actually like :frustrating:

·
Registered
838 Posts
Twice. Once in middle school and once in high school.

I knew both of them (not close, but I knew about their existence,) and would have never expected them to behave as such, although I'm guessing that's the way it usually is.

There has been other minor creeps, but I doubt anyone aside from those two were bad enough to be labeled a stalker.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I've been on both sides of it.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
I think my exes had stalked me a lot in my life, but I think of it as normal. People tend to do that with former flames.

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
Nope. I don't see any reason why anyone would want to stalk me.

Reactions: susurration

·
Registered
ENFP
4,206 Posts
I wouldn't call it stalking per se, more like crushing, in a very unusual way.. I won't judge tho, just the behavior. I think the way to deal with one is to be upfront and say, "hey- I'm not interested. sorry."

Edit- deleted portions..

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Yes, I've been stalked. Awful ordeal in and out of court. Ripped my life apart for awhile, but I survived. It taught me a few things too.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
I think my exes had stalked me a lot in my life, but I think of it as normal. People tend to do that with former flames.
lol, no they don't.

Reactions: Pachacutie

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
yes. quite a trauma for me, to like a guy, until now. though i really don't understand why they do that. tsk.
It was explained to me that mine was a sexual predator. He was also convinced he was in love with me and that we were "perfect for each other". He was also delusional and had some form of OCD.

But it was important for me to understand that stalkers tend to chose a target of their obsession. If not me, then someone else. Plus I had to realize keeping myself safe was more important than taking him on for the rest of the world. The focus was to get him to stop by using every legal avenue possible. The whole ordeal is a nightmare and is obviously very scary. It's very tricky to hold stalkers accountable for a few reasons. But like I've said, I learned a bit. If anyone wants tips that may be going through a problem like this, I'd be glad to help.

Here are just a few reasons for stalking I found on the web:

The rejected stalker. This person was rejected in a relationship, and they perceive it as an insult, they feel wounded, and they are seeking vindication.

The resentful stalker. These are self-righteous, self-pitying people who may threaten, but they are the least likely to act on it.

The intimacy-seeking stalker. They believe they are loved or will be loved by the victim. Often they focus on someone of higher social status. This person is mentally ill and delusional.

The incompetent. This person is socially backward. He doesn't really understand the social rules involved in dating and romance. He doesn't mean any harm.

The predator. This is about sex gratification, control, and violence. The stalker doesn't necessarily know the victim. The victim may not know she is being stalked. But a predator plans their attack, rehearses it, has lots of sexual fantasies about it.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I think I have. Last year this classmate (I didn't know she was my classmate until she informed me) was conveniently showing up in the most unexpected times.

My first interaction with her was when we were walking past each other. I was gazing at the sun as usual and suddenly I heard a "Hi <insert my name>" I never met her before so I just looked at her very confused and continued walking. I really didn't know how to react. When she saw that I noticed she quickly stopped eye contact and kept walking as well.

A week later she pops up next to me and begins having a full on conversation with me. She basically recounted my life story and my career goals etc. I played along as if I knew her although at this point I still didn't know her name. I was definitely creeped out.

I was really well connected with a majority of the students in my major so I asked some friend to do some investigating about who this person was and how she would know me. It turns out that the only explanation would be that she saw my picture on a website for a campus organization.

In all fairness, women have a much worse time when it comes to stalkers.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Fortunately, no.

However, a few of my friends have been by the aformentioned "incompetent". I also know of some people who have been stalked by the "intimacy-seeker". Most of them are girls, but I do know of a guy who has been through it that has had to go through some court ordeals.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Yes, a handful of times. I had to move once because of it, and two times I had to get a restraining order. How people justify stalking another person, intruding on their life and privacy, as OK is beyond me.

And it was always the types of people I'd never expect to have to worry about. I had an ESTJ stalking me for god's sake. You'd think they'd find more productive uses of their time.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Yes, a handful of times. I had to move once because of it, and two times I had to get a restraining order. How people justify stalking another person, intruding on their life and privacy, as OK is beyond me.

And it was always the types of people I'd never expect to have to worry about. I had an ESTJ stalking me for god's sake. You'd think they'd find more productive uses of their time.
You know what I think is funny? Why does the stalker fight the restraining order??? Doesn't he just make himself more obvious? But they ALWAYS show up to court to fight it. But the reason for them is- they get to see you again!!!!!!

Reactions: dagnytaggart

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
You know what I think is funny? Why does the stalker fight the restraining order??? Doesn't he just make himself more obvious? But they ALWAYS show up to court to fight it. But the reason for them is- they get to see you again!!!!!!
Well, that and they probably don't want a rap sheet. :crazy:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts