Personality Cafe banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever been taken "under the wing of someone"? (I'm a magnet for older ENFPs)

I've always found this a bit weird, but older ENFPs really seem to like me. By older I mean people who could be my parents - usually teachers or other authoritative figures. I'm not even sure how many times I've been taken "under the wing" of someone who clearly is an ENFP. I don't understand why it keeps happening, but these ENFPs seem to think I'm worth the extra encouragement. For me the attention has been mainly a good thing, but also a bit embarrassing when they favor me so openly. I laugh at their jokes, but that can't be it... Maybe they mistake me for an INTJ? :kitteh: I've also noticed that while ENFPs usually appreciate me, ENFJs seem to get confused around me; they can't decide whether I'm independent, smart and competent or a childish lost puppy who needs guidance.

Do you have any similar experiences? What do you make of it?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I don't understand why it keeps happening, but these ENFPs seem to think I'm worth the extra encouragement.
And, as for the answer, yes, have (had) the same experience as well with them.

EDIT:
ENFP's tend to think us smart and because of our less developed Fe, I think cute. They also like to care for others and therefore I think our clumsiness is for them 'fascinating and inviting' to help out.
I think they would describe it as: 'cute'.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And, as for the answer, yes, have (had) the same experience as well with them.

EDIT:
ENFP's tend to think us smart and because of our less developed Fe, I think cute. They also like to care for others and therefore I think our clumsiness is for them 'fascinating and inviting' to help out.
I think they would describe it as: 'cute'.
Oh, I was referring to ENFJs with that one, if you read it more carefully. ENFPs have always treated me more as an equal while ENFJs are in my experience more prone to patronizing me.

·
Not a Robot
2,152 Posts
I seem to have similar experiences as the OP. I'm a magnet for older ENFPs. The young ones really like me too. ENFJs don't know what to do with me. It's interesting. I don't know what to do with them either.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I seem to have similar experiences as the OP. I'm a magnet for older ENFPs. The young ones really like me too. ENFJs don't know what to do with me. It's interesting. I don't know what to do with them either.
I know what to do with them
http://i.imgur.com/FU5nLvV.webm

It's funny you mention this, @lightbox because I mentor an ENFP. She is two years my junior though, so the age gap is not big but it waaas relatively big in university where we met and the mentoring began. Mostly, it's mentoring about people and social organization and partying and work/life balance. Life coach stuff I guess. It started with the narrow focus of learning how to turn a party up to 10 and we/she/I were very successful in that vein.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What makes them clearly an ENFP?
Answering that properly would mean a really long post, but in short they are all a bit eccentric artists who joke around a lot, love cute animals, can't concentrate for long, have very humane values, are generally warm people but can be extremely critical of others or society, enjoy interacting with many people, are highly imaginative and often more abstract than concrete.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts