Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
Not here to fuck spiders
3,018 Posts
I live near Edinburgh and it's the same every year. You really only need to go once, once you've seen it you've seen it all. I've just seen the street artists but you can buy tickets for indoor comedians and acts. Pretty talented people but imo not all that unique or anything worth going to. Maybe other people have a different opinion. I am not an artisty person FWIW.

Edinburgh a lovely place to visit so even if you don't find something at the fringe you'll find something somewhere else. Only issue is Edinburgh is expensive at the best of times, everything trebles during the fringe lol

· Premium Member
ISFP 6w5 (694)
7,461 Posts
Scotland is one of the places I'd most like to visit. Up there somewhere in my top 3 with Norway and Greece.

Reactions: Three2VanGogh

· Premium Member
ISFP 6w5 (694)
7,461 Posts

· Registered
INTP
7,838 Posts
All I know about Edinburgh Fringe is that it's something of an endurance test for upcoming artists and, like many things, it greatly favours those with money rather than talent. I saw a documentary (or news report, can't remember) which detailed how it can cost thousands to attend the Fringe as a performer. Accommodation costs skyrocket, and some venues ask artists to pay for a timeslot to perform in. So it has become a horrible, cynical cash grab, which can cost thousands to merely attend as a performer.

Beautiful city anyway. I was there quite recently, and would definitely consider a permanent move.

· Registered
ISFP
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@HAL

Makes sense. I used to work for a theater in New York City, and we would send a representative to the Fringe to discover and attract new talent. Imagine how many theaters/agents/critics from around the world are in attendance during the festival. Of course, anybody serving the performers/ attendees would be silly not to milk such an opportunity. It's a major gateway for people.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts