Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
INFJ's like to live in their mind, and I often find myself drifting off to think about things.

I'm not big dater, but women have told me the following before we break things off:
"You're just not all there"
"It's like you're someplace else"
"What's going on in your head?"
"What are you thinking about?"

Is this a sign that I'm probably dating Sensors? I'd imagine Intuitives would understand or be the same way?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Normally I will respond with

"I am, or at least I was when I last did role call... " [/thoughtfulface]

·
Registered
630 Posts
People tell me that all the time, either acquaintances or strangers. It's not specifically disturbing for me, and it is not always a bad thing, people may say that when they actually get interested in me. But when they say it with disregard I may say those people were actually sensors.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Interestingly^ I find spacing out is the way I concentrate
or at least, people tell me I look like I'm spacing out

INFJ's like to live in their mind, and I often find myself drifting off to think about things.

I'm not big dater, but women have told me the following before we break things off:
"You're just not all there"
"It's like you're someplace else"
"What's going on in your head?"
"What are you thinking about?"

Is this a sign that I'm probably dating Sensors? I'd imagine Intuitives would understand or be the same way?
I have never been told this, literally
but I often receive a reaction from them that they are thinking these statements/questions in their head
Or they think I'm uncomfortable or don't like them
This changes when we are not in public anymore or we talk about a subject that means something to me, but even still they get quite annoyed by my quiet-ness if it is just for a moment.

I don't think they all have to be sensor.. I get this from extroverts too, all kinds

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Yes.

Other ones

"Is the weather nice on your planet?" I love that one because yes it is :)

"did you really not hear me call your name like 5 times?"

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I think it's just a guy thing? I've noticed that most men seemed spaced out.. all the time. I guess they have a lot going on in their head, but don't express it. Maybe it's a cultural thing.

It's been my experience that the men I've dated seem very spaced out.

It's difficult to feel connected when somebody's mind is a hundred miles away. When I'm with somebody or having a conversation with them, I'm pretty focused or intense about the interactions we have. If I'm ever spaced out, it's usually when I'm in a large crowd and I can't focus on any one single person so I 'clock out' so to speak.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm in high school but the times few times I've dated is she got bored or I talked about myself too much. Well that was the longest one, she wasn't too great though. She might have been an INFJ and I KNOW she was an INF.

I think it's just a guy thing? I've noticed that most men seemed spaced out.. all the time. I guess they have a lot going on in their head, but don't express it. Maybe it's a cultural thing.

It's difficult to feel connected when somebody's mind is a hundred miles away. When I'm with somebody or having a conversation with them, I'm pretty focused or intense about the interactions we have. If I'm ever spaced out, it's usually when I'm in a large crowd and I can't focus on any one single person so I 'clock out' so to speak.
Guys are taught from birth not to be emotional. However when talking on the phone I let them spill out sometimes more than acceptable at times. But generally guys are less emotional due to being taught to hold it in and males are more likely to be T's visa versa.

Reactions: Ethanol

·
Registered
836 Posts
I get those comments pretty regularly.

But only if I'm in a quiet/pensive mood. And most of the time I am thinking about a serious and usually emotional problem... but I will say that I'm thinking about nothing. Why burden people with all the issues I'm trying to work out.

Also, if you ever want to freak people out, space out a little bit - wait til someone calls you on it, and then repeat verbatim what they have said. It's the easiest way I've found to stop people from bothering me when I space out.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts

I used to be a social nightmare, but now I can be quite the charmer apparently

Unfortunately though, if I become comfortable around someone, I have a habit of letting my robot-ness out

I try to make up for it by being super nice, but eventually it becomes a game of good cop bad cop

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
...Also, if you ever want to freak people out, space out a little bit - wait til someone calls you on it, and then repeat verbatim what they have said. It's the easiest way I've found to stop people from bothering me when I space out.
LOL So true! I can repeat or remember a conversation close to verbatim. People are always shocked by how I can recall something when they lose their train of thought I recite the whole conversation until they remember what it was they were thinking (backtracking). Works all the time if you need to freak them out :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts