Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what it is but I have a bad habit of attracting these kinds of people. I guess minding my own business and not talking to anyone but the people who enjoy what I post/what I write can attract people like that, especially when I ignore people who have a difference of views than me. It's one thing if it's a debate and we're disagreeing, it's another when they just start personally attacking me and that's when I ignore them.

Currently, I have these enemies at a writing forum saying I'm stalking them even though it's quite clear they're stalking me especially when they go to my private and personal sites and they blog about my life while I ignore them. Since I responded to them, they tried to pin this on me. There's numerous evidence to suggest that these enemies are the ones who instigate things but they won't stop saying that I'm the bad guy even though they are.

I ignored them for a long, long time, out living my life and after all this time they're still saying I'm the bad guy this and that.

At what point would you say should you stop ignoring the rumors and respond to someone? It's been a few months and they're still talking and writing about me after I've made my sites private that they know about and they're still posting links to my sites trying to give me bad press.

I don't even know what can be done since I don't know where exactly they live to track them down to send them a cease and desist letter. All I know is their states they live in.

I know I have thought about suing them before and have asked what I should do before, but I just don't have the money, resources and energy to track them all down since there's a handful of people and some of them even live overseas on another continent.

Have you ever dealt with people who tried to pin their crap on you? Did they finally come to realize it's their own doing? The only reason they have material to pin on me is because I used to keep responding to them so I finally stopped and ignored them so they could look like idiots talking about someone who isn't paying attention to them.

I want to get back at these people but I don't know how. I thought about writing my own version of Dante's Inferno starring these creeps and making money off of their gossip and defamation of character about me. Shit, if people are going to make up lies about me, I may as well turn them into a story. I'm pretty good with turning a normal every day situation that seems quite uninteresting into a story that people would want to read. It's not just a hater list of all the people who have done me wrong, but there's an actual plot and everything.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I go no-contact with harassers. I don't ruminate over their behavior, motivations and whether they are repenting; I ignore them unconditionally. I recommend altering privacy settings on any blogs you have. You may also want to block them.

The best way to win this game is not to play at all.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Earlier today I wrote posts to them, but I think this is gonna be the last time I directly respond to them. I took up writing to distract myself from wasting time with those types of people so I can just write a story about them instead or something. Yeah, I have made my main blog private that they know and all my youtube links and stuff, too. They don't know my new pen name that I publish stories on.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Earlier today I wrote posts to them, but I think this is gonna be the last time I directly respond to them. I took up writing to distract myself from wasting time with those types of people so I can just write a story about them instead or something. Yeah, I have made my main blog private that they know and all my youtube links and stuff, too. They don't know my new pen name that I publish stories on.
I am glad to hear you are doing something more positive and choosing to vent elsewhere. I think the venting threads here are a great help too. I also recommend being around more positive people. They can make a big impact on one's emotional resilience.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am glad to hear you are doing something more positive and choosing to vent elsewhere. I think the venting threads here are a great help too. I also recommend being around more positive people. They can make a big impact on one's emotional resilience.
I agree, I have even questioned them before how do they feel surrounding themselves with all that hatred and gossip all the time? It gets really old fast and boring and yet they can continue on into the next year for eternity. I wish I would have continued ignoring them like I did the first time around but it was too late and they were saying slanderous things about me that I had to let people know that was untrue.

I hope I can get some justice from writing a revenge book about them. It's going to be a non-fiction story, too and I hope it becomes popular but even being read by a lot of people is enough for me. It doesn't have to be a best selling book. As long as I can reach others out there, too, who are going through similar situations.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I agree, I have even questioned them before how do they feel surrounding themselves with all that hatred and gossip all the time? It gets really old fast and boring and yet they can continue on into the next year for eternity. I wish I would have continued ignoring them like I did the first time around but it was too late and they were saying slanderous things about me that I had to let people know that was untrue.

I hope I can get some justice from writing a revenge book about them. It's going to be a non-fiction story, too and I hope it becomes popular but even being read by a lot of people is enough for me. It doesn't have to be a best selling book. As long as I can reach others out there, too, who are going through similar situations.
I was cyber-bullied a long time ago and it helped me to stop thinking so much about right vs wrong. People bully others because they themselves have issues concerning insecurity possibly due to abuse and neglect in their own lives. People who behave this way do not need to be put in their place; they need compassion. I think it's possible to think about someone compassionately while still recognizing that they can no longer be around me. It at least addressed my own anger.

I think reaching out to other victims in a support group is a great idea. A Zen monk once said, 'When you are feeling discouraged, encourage others.' It takes negative energy and turns it into positive energy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts