Personality Cafe banner

Who is the best Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle?

• Leonardo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Raphael

• Michelangelo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now, I feel like I'm living inside Donatello's body from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2k12 version). I know, it sounds weird, but let me explain. It's not that I think I am him, or anything like that (that's just creepy). What I mean is that my face can pretty much capture any expression made by him, and that I can easily imagine him in my place a lot of the time. Take right now for example. I'm laying down on my bed, using my iPod to type this thing up, with what I imagine is a bored expression on my face. Most of my friends have also told me at some point that I look/somewhat act like Donnie from the 2012 version, and here's another thing: I don't even share the same gender with him! I guess I have always liked his character in the show...maybe it's because I share most of his characteristics? Idk, it's just weird and hard to explain. Like if I closed my eyes, I could imagine looking out from his point of view. So, what are your thoughts on this? I bet you think I am a crackhead. -///- Oh well.

______
|-------\
| O O \
|---------|
| \____ /
\______/

^^Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle

·
Registered
554 Posts
It`s ok, we are all crazy.
However your form of madness is "Unique" and very unsettling.
But as a side-point though, you probably shouldn't listen to everything your "Friends" say.

Have a nice day...

·
Registered
328 Posts
OP, do you mean like role-playing? Like it's fun to think of yourself as him or even that this is very easy and effortless?

I'm not sure if this relates, but I think anytime I find I really like someone (very often a character) I almost always try them on to a certain extent, emulating them, and I absorb other people's idiosyncrasies or particular ways of expressing themselves quite readily. Even feeling or trying to express or understand a feeling I can act in a different character that somehow seems to capture it better. Needless to say I probably like people and characters who are a lot like me already and those are people I'm most likely to act like, and I think part of that is just trying to get or see outside myself enough to place myself in context. I feel like it's a part of something as basic as being a matter of my own mental stability or socialization. I guess in a very powerful sense, I understand myself through other people. ... Is this anything like what you're talking about?

·
Registered
219 Posts
My younger brother (with autism) lives most of his life pretending to be fantasy characters. He dresses up as them and talks as them all the time. At first it seems pretty weird but then one realizes how big things like Comicon are and how roleplaying is an actual thing in the real world. So I think it can be healthy if kept in check and it doesn't interfere too much with real life.

But no I have never felt like a cartoon character.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts