Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently did some shit that I am wondering if I will regret. A big part of my life is that I don't want to live with regrets. Any mistake can be turned into a positive, or at least it's been my philosophy. But now I'm heading down a path where it's too open-ended to be sure anymore. Anyone else ever thought the same way?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I recently did some shit that I am wondering if I will regret. A big part of my life is that I don't want to live with regrets. Any mistake can be turned into a positive, or at least it's been my philosophy. But now I'm heading down a path where it's too open-ended to be sure anymore. Anyone else ever thought the same way?
I am new but have been reading for a while. For INFJ we desire consistent. It is said in other places that we are moral. What is this? We have ideals which are our own. We fail to conform to them when we give in to Shadow. This means your lead function too much and your shadow functions too much. The ones which are below the inferior function. You do not use these as often. So when you use them you are not consistent. This will mean you will do what you do not desire.

You may choose to use the Shadow as long as the result is consistent with your ideals. This is moral.

·
Registered
604 Posts
now I'm heading down a path where it's too open-ended to be sure anymore. Anyone else ever thought the same way?
Heading down an open-ended path is unlikely for a person who leads with visionary Ni and ethical Fe. Are you sure you don't know where you are headed and just don't like the destination?

This may sound harsh, but it is said with genuine concern. I have been there.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, my decisions have been causing me a lot of pain and confusion. I know where I am headed, but it's too soon to tell if it will be beneficial.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Well, my decisions have been causing me a lot of pain and confusion. I know where I am headed, but it's too soon to tell if it will be beneficial.
I can just see your eyes looking across that 'Ocean' you felt lost in a while back - and onto a new horizon! You have found Land! When I found 'Land' I thought, wow, I'm home free - all will be well, and I'll start to loose some uncertainty. But with this loss of uncertainty, there is a new mountain! How much am I willing to sacrifice to attain the dream that I have envisioned? And looking at the heaps of things I need to do, it almost seems like a larger mountain! But you can do it! Just STOP thinking and DO - that is what a friend told me. Just close your eyes and jump in. It sounds like stupid advice, until you physically do it. So your planning process it seems has happened already? Just now, go with, you've made a decision - if it makes you feel better - plan some alternatives to your plan, to fall back on, and just go for it! Tell us all what happens!

I think there are mini phases in which persons feel that 'loss of self' because with each change and transition there is like a death and re-birth type feeling. many people aren't even bold enough to face what needs to be done! but you are INFJ and should not be afraid, light and darkness is familiar to all of our paths I think, and there is no turning back, once you set that 'desire' in your heart to attain your dream, even if you have to venture off into deeper unknowns. You can do it, erterwert! Get someone objective that has your best interests in mind, or even better, really focus and hear what your inner voice is telling you, or seek some sort of guidance, from wherever, but if you persist, there will be answers.

But I feel just getting started, regardless of the pain and confusion you are feeling, is better than not venturing and taking steps towards your dreams, you can always change direction, but if you don't set forth the momentum, you may remain miserable and stagnant longer. Best of luck - and we want reports! tee hee

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Regrets that is a concept that I never learned in life. I never look back and said now that is something I regret nor do I look at the present and feel like I regret anything and to that I don't look into the future with regret shrouding over me.

Sometimes it comes down to the choices we make and why we make them. Did I make the right choice was there something else I could or should have done? There is to much doubt in words like that and doubt can be deadlier than the Pen.
If the decisions you made was concrete then take it as a learning experience and lift your head up high in knowing that your Ni was busy at work for you.
Do you feel like you missed a part of the big picture? That held the master piece together to be seen by all.
I could go on and keep throwing darts at you but only you know which side this doubt of yours is on. All I can say is trust in yourself that you will make make the right choices in life you seem like a smart guy and have your head on your shoulders.
Just don't over think to much that is where the faulty choices and doubts creep in, I know harder said then done...

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Was FemaleINFJ metaphorizing WOW that just made my day. Makes me want to do some :)
Which I haven't done in some time in here maybe I should

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
... I thought I had a thread like this once...

.... and yes, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about because I've wondered this myself all too many times.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The same stuff is happening to me. I like decisions being made and settled so the things I do seem to be so impulsive lately. No idea why. It's like I've stopped thinking things through as much as I used to.

But I'm sure you'll find your way. INFJs have a way with getting through difficulties and coming out stronger.

Plus, I see you like to write!!!! What kind of stuff do you like to write???? :)

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's interesting re-reading this thread as a year later I still haven't come to a conclusion. But I've also realized that I don't need to either. I've recently accepted a state of simply "being" and not wracking my head around the implications. People don't care who you are inside or what you think about, all they care about is what they see you do. So I'm trying to do more and think less. "Just be..." basically.

The same stuff is happening to me. I like decisions being made and settled so the things I do seem to be so impulsive lately. No idea why. It's like I've stopped thinking things through as much as I used to.

But I'm sure you'll find your way. INFJs have a way with getting through difficulties and coming out stronger.

Plus, I see you like to write!!!! What kind of stuff do you like to write???? :)
I don't really write much as I'm still amassing life experiences. Nothing means more to me than what I personally experience. Knowledge is cool and all but, but actually going out and doing it is so much more beautiful. Anyway, after I've felt like I've lived enough to pass something on I'll sit down and focus on writing.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Every action has both adverse and benefitting results, I've only ever seen the former.

I must have made some terrible decisions.

Or am I blind?

The question is:
Which is better?

Reactions: ertertwert

·
Registered
475 Posts
I lost myself a long time ago.
One of my Masks I wore very much took a hold of me, and became one with my consciousness. In return locked the Real me inside a box. In an empty room and locked the door behind me.
After falling down to the very pit of my soul, I only had one option left. I opened that door and released myself from my own prison. I knew why I did it a long time ago. But coming back from a mental break down I still feel lost so many days. I feel like I'm in a foreign body, Like I'm still crumbling inside.
I've cried out everything I could and even now I know its still not enough. I wish I could cry again but I wont allow myself to. Never again...

·
Banned
77 Posts
I feel lost right now. This year has been a tough one, it seems to happen in cycles. I just feel like whatever my life is, is not what I want it to be whatsoever. Who I am is miles away from what I'm doing. Not in terms of ethical decisions, but in terms of what I want to be in the world. It's just not making sense, I feel like I'm a mercenary who's whored out his body and (more importantly) mind to fight someone else's shit war.

I've wanted to participate more in this forum but I feel like I've been frozen, as if my own opinions are void because I just don't feel genuine enough. I know what I want to do and be, I just can't see the bridge between where I am and there.

All that to say... don't worry, I'm in the same boat.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts