Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys are the most psychic of all types, so I figure I should ask your types for this. About this fear, I felt this pressing urge to fear but is powerless to do anything. I usually don't get things like this, being a rational type, but this time it is very strong. The feeling won't subside all day, and it isn't the usual thing about peoples and surrounding's vibe. I wonder what this is about. :unsure:

Reactions: Lady Nurture

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
It sounds maybe like generalized anxiety. Whatever it is/was, I used to have that feeling of fear a lot for no reason it seemed like. There might be something in your life, some sort of unresolved issue you haven't addressed or have been avoiding that's hiding in the back of your mind. That could be one possibility out of many others. To see if that's a reason for the feeling, take some time to reflect and think about all the relationships you have with people and find out if maybe there's something you need to resolve with someone, or some other worries you may have from the past, present, or future. Maybe write them down to keep it organized. If you discover any of these then do what you can. I remember finding out there were a few things I hadn't resolved with other people. I made a list and apologized to several people from the past/present or I just acknowledged certain thoughts or opinions that I had been holding back. Try doing something like that, it might help.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sounds maybe like generalized anxiety. Whatever it is/was, I used to have that feeling of fear a lot for no reason it seemed like. There might be something in your life, some sort of unresolved issue you haven't addressed or have been avoiding that's hiding in the back of your mind. That could be one possibility out of many others. To see if that's a reason for the feeling, take some time to reflect and think about all the relationships you have with people and find out if maybe there's something you need to resolve with someone, or some other worries you may have from the past, present, or future. Maybe write them down to keep it organized. If you discover any of these then do what you can. I remember finding out there were a few things I hadn't resolved with other people. I made a list and apologized to several people from the past/present or I just acknowledged certain thoughts or opinions that I had been holding back. Try doing something like that, it might help.
But it feels different. I've got feeling like that before, but its not like this. The sensation is different. Usually I never felt guilty about anything I've done or cared. And it isn't guilt, its different, nor is it something I've done. This is more like an ominous feeling, a premonition that something bad would have happened. i usually am an easygoing person who doesn't give a care to what will happen and would happen, and am rarely anxious. So this feeling makes me pretty freaked out, honestly.

Reactions: Ntuitive

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
But it feels different. I've got feeling like that before, but its not like this. The sensation is different. Usually I never felt guilty about anything I've done or cared. And it isn't guilt, its different, nor is it something I've done. This is more like an ominous feeling, a premonition that something bad would have happened. i usually am an easygoing person who doesn't give a care to what will happen and would happen, and am rarely anxious. So this feeling makes me pretty freaked out, honestly.
Is anything causing you stress? Too much to do, too little to do, not getting enough sleep, change in your diet or habits etc. Did you have a weird conversation with someone or have a different or disturbing experience lately that changed your perspective on things?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is anything causing you stress? Too much to do, too little to do, not getting enough sleep, change in your diet or habits etc. Did you have a weird conversation with someone or have a different or disturbing experience lately that changed your perspective on things?
Nope. At the morning, I'm as cheerful as a lark. ;D. Weird conversation maybe, if you include philosophical discussions (but I do that everyday) It has been a pretty nice day if you ask me, until this unexplainable fear ruins my mood completely. And I found out that I find myself more secure around some people (usually IXXJs) at this time. I don't know why, they lessen the fear a bit. There's been some rumors lately about apocalypse and disasters, perhaps that works as a suggestion to me?

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
I do get unexplainable fear and in my case it is generalized anxiety -- not a psychic impression.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
You guys are the most psychic of all types, so I figure I should ask your types for this. About this fear, I felt this pressing urge to fear but is powerless to do anything. I usually don't get things like this, being a rational type, but this time it is very strong. The feeling won't subside all day, and it isn't the usual thing about peoples and surrounding's vibe. I wonder what this is about. :unsure:
INFJs appear to be Psychic at times.. This is not the same as being Psychic..

Yes sometimes.. I feel anxiety.. Sometimes I can substantiate it other times I can't explain it.

I think sometimes maybe people are low on energy and thus their self delusions and constructs that help them cope with their own mortality are weakened. Sometimes maybe you are just more conscious of how fragile and fleeting life really is.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Going to go against the grain of the other INFJs here, and say that I wonder sometimes. I've had bad feelings, and when I've ignored them something bad has happened. Even when I've followed them, I've found out that something bad happened where we were going to go that day. I've had dreams that have come true, sometimes little movies in my head that have come true.

I really don't think I'm psychic, I shy away from using that term... but there are a lot of weird coincidences. I've been accurate with those feelings and things that I just pay attention. If I start to feel a high level of anxiety and fear, than I might decide to stay home, or do something different than I was going to do for that day.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I used to get an unexplainable fear, but it was caused by self hatred that embedded itself within my being and my mind.
Also, just because I'm a jerk:

I have a meaning behind these. The first one: Imagine that redead looking burned and its face was replaced with an eyeless, charred version of yours with a tear shape carved next to its left eye, and it had a fire symbol on its gut. My self hatred manifested as this in a dream, making those sounds along with screams like a little girl being murdered over and over again, and tried to kill me. The second one describes my old shadow well.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
INFJs appear to be Psychic at times.. This is not the same as being Psychic..

Yes sometimes.. I feel anxiety.. Sometimes I can substantiate it other times I can't explain it.

I think sometimes maybe people are low on energy and thus their self delusions and constructs that help them cope with their own mortality are weakened. Sometimes maybe you are just more conscious of how fragile and fleeting life really is.
But :unsure: some of the INFJs I know irl is real psychic. Like super-powers kind of psychic :laughing: (ability to see ghosts etc.)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@EmpireConquered Ha, well maybe the rumors have gotten to you. Apocalypse? Also, weather/length of days can change moods, in case the weather is changing.
maybe, I've heard my INTJ friend complaining having a headache when the weather changed drastically. Perhaps mine is a form of paranoia, of the rumors XD.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Going to go against the grain of the other INFJs here, and say that I wonder sometimes. I've had bad feelings, and when I've ignored them something bad has happened. Even when I've followed them, I've found out that something bad happened where we were going to go that day. I've had dreams that have come true, sometimes little movies in my head that have come true.

I really don't think I'm psychic, I shy away from using that term... but there are a lot of weird coincidences. I've been accurate with those feelings and things that I just pay attention. If I start to feel a high level of anxiety and fear, than I might decide to stay home, or do something different than I was going to do for that day.
You are psychic, or have strong intuition, or you have precognitive abilities. :proud: I think so, yes yes. You actually sound like my INFJ aunt who has such kind of strong intuition too. She also has some sort of premonitions and such that.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's possible. if Psychics exist then I am sure some INFJs are Psychics.. But it is not a type trait.
I know. :). But Ni is about looking into hidden meanings and seeing what other peple can't see right? And INFJ are reflective world and have strong imaginative world and a sensitive soul. Its a bit far-fetched, but its possible that most INFJs have higher psychic potential than other types. They got gut feelings and the "I just know" feeling and has high empathy level.

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
I know. :). But Ni is about looking into hidden meanings and seeing what other peple can't see right? And INFJ are reflective world and have strong imaginative world and a sensitive soul. Its a bit far-fetched, but its possible that most INFJs have higher psychic potential than other types. They got gut feelings and the "I just know" feeling and has high empathy level.
Yes and no.. It's more about seeing a subject or object from multiple perspectives. About having a vision and understanding what is needed to make that vision a reality.. Ni is really just a mind that works on faith. A mind that synthesizes a reality as opposed to a mind that observes a reality. I mind that records impressions rather than details. And details (Se) are presented to the Ni mind via the subconscious and so really obvious things can seem to come to the Ni mind in a rather magical feeling way. Yes Ni also focuses on what isn't there and what isn't being said.. But it's just going on faith then right?
Ni attaches meaning where no previous meanings exist.. and then.. Some how it works. But the source is simple cognition not "super powers".

Just because something cannot be explained doesn't mean there isn't an expatiation. And certainly just because something cannot be explained does not mean it's origin is a supernatural one.
Of course it doesn't mean it's not either.. Humans have not figured out their own brains out yet.. not even come close.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes and no.. It's more about seeing a subject or object from multiple perspectives. About having a vision and understanding what is needed to make that vision a reality.. Ni is really just a mind that works on faith. A mind that synthesizes a reality as opposed to a mind that observes a reality. I mind that records impressions rather than details. And details (Se) are presented to the Ni mind via the subconscious and so really obvious things can seem to come to the Ni mind in a rather magical feeling way. Yes Ni also focuses on what isn't there and what isn't being said.. But it's just going on faith then right?
Ni attaches meaning where no previous meanings exist.. and then.. Some how it works. But the source is simple cognition not "super powers".

Just because something cannot be explained doesn't mean there isn't an expatiation. And certainly just because something cannot be explained does not mean it's origin is a supernatural one.
Of course it doesn't mean it's not either.. Humans have not figured out their own brains out yet.. not even come close.
psy·chic

('kĭk)

n.
  1. A person apparently responsive to psychic forces.
  2. See medium (sense 6).
adj. also psy·chi·cal (-kĭ-kəl)
  1. Of, relating to, affecting, or influenced by the human mind or psyche; mental: psychic trauma; psychic energy.
    1. Capable of extraordinary mental processes, such as extrasensory perception and mental telepathy.
    2. Of or relating to such mental processes.
[From Greek psūkhikos, of the soul, from psūkhē, soul.]

mediums. A person thought to have the power to communicate with the spirits of the dead or with agents of another world or dimension. Also called psychic.

Is this definitions true?
I haven't studied this things in depth so I can't say for sure. But I was wondering do you guys meditate often? People say meditation helps to attain a clearer vision.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Things get categorized as supernatural because we don't understand them yet. If psychic abilities exist, there are perfectly good natural explanations for them we would just need to find where and how to measure.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes, I get that unexplainable feeling of fear. I can explain it though, so it's not really an unexplainable feeling of fear at all. That feeling sits at the pit of your stomach when your intuition knows something that your mind finds too damaging to accept. It's a red flag. It's a warning sign that something doesn't smell right. You refuse to pinpoint exactly what is wrong because the realisation is so traumatic to your psyche that you have to bury the truth deep beneath the layers of your mind for another day when you are better equipt to handle the explosion of emotions that inevitably come from acknowledging that truth. That unexplainable fear is such a powerful coping mechanism. The fear remains internalised until the day you come to accept what you have instinctively known to be the truth all along. The day that you can shed some rational light on that unexplainable fear is the day that you become the utlimate force of mind, bringing intuition and logic into one sexy thread of knowledge. The feeling changes from one of dread to one of power as the emotional barriers come down, filling your whole body with an energy that has long been repressed. It's pure bliss.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts