Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've read a fair few things around here on the lines of, once a decisions made, its over never to return again. But then I've also read posts about ENTJ's returning after having broken things off.

Obviously, people are all different, as are the circumstances of relationships. I would imagine that a "door locked and bolted" would occur if someone cheated on you (as with most types altho us NFs can be stupidly forgiving sometimes - rolls eyes); Alternatively, when something has been broken off because it has gone long distance, I have read of cases of ENTJ's getting back together.

I guess who did the breaking up might also have an impact.

So give me some experiential data to sample...Have you ever got back with an ex?

If so, in what circumstances did you a) break up b) get back together.

Who initiated the a) breaking up b) getting back together.

In what timeframe...and any additional info that I may have failed to consider.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
So I've read a fair few things around here on the lines of, once a decisions made, its over never to return again. But then I've also read posts about ENTJ's returning after having broken things off.

Obviously, people are all different, as are the circumstances of relationships. I would imagine that a "door locked and bolted" would occur if someone cheated on you (as with most types altho us NFs can be stupidly forgiving sometimes - rolls eyes); Alternatively, when something has been broken off because it has gone long distance, I have read of cases of ENTJ's getting back together.

So give me some experiential data to sample...Have you ever got back with an ex?

No, I have never gotten back with an ex, there is no reason to if that person doesn't fit into my plans.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
I have. I'm with him now. The timing was off. I was dumped on at school and had no time for him. I really like him but he was frustrated with my lack of time. He broke up with me. We both moved on.
About a year went by and I broke up with the last ass hole I dated. I wondered about him. So I gave him a email. Turned out he had just broken up with some one too. This time I had plenty of time for him. It's been 9 months and we're still happy. Best email I ever sent. He told me he was really sad when he broke up with me. So much he went on a get way and fished up north by himself. Yes he is a introvert. :)

·
Registered
648 Posts
I have. I'm with him now. The timing was off. I was dumped on at school and had no time for him. I really like him but he was frustrated with my lack of time. He broke up with me. We both moved on.
About a year went by and I broke up with the last ass hole I dated. I wondered about him. So I gave him a email. Turned out he had just broken up with some one too. This time I had plenty of time for him. It's been 9 months and we're still happy. Best email I ever sent. He told me he was really sad when he broke up with me. So much he went on a get way and fished up north by himself. Yes he is a introvert. :)
Similar situation to mine actually, but I like stories like this.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So much he went on a get way and fished up north by himself. Yes he is a introvert. :)
Ha - that's exactly what I did (tho in my case, climbing in Wales!) same problem too.

oops, this was an impersonal thread, really! :wink:

I'm not looking for advice though before anyone steps in: just data.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I usually just dump em and leave em behind.

There was that ONE guy though, you know...the one who "got away". (I should have been the one getting away. Fast.) The one that all my guy friends hated, my girlfriends yelled at, and other guys were held up against. We'd fight and break up, and every time, he would snake his way back into my life and never quite leave my heart. We broke up several times during college.

I finally just dumped his ass this spring and haven't looked back since. :cool:

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I've stayed friends with past girlfriends but I don't reopen doors for relationships. I think the biggest reason doors stay closed is because I later realize how stupid I was for dating them. I was very immature when I fully engaged the dating scene so I made bad decisions with girlfriends. Not that I'm mature now but I've made a little progress.

Would I ever get back together with an ex in the future? I would consider it under the right circumstances and for the right person.

To answer that other question; I've dumped and been dumped. I don't think there's anything ENTJ'ish about being the designated dumper.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I did once... never again.

I did it so that I could extract my revenge... nothing else.

I last saw her in 1994 and she was as broken then as she is now (or so I hear through the grapevine when people volunteer information about her - because I certainly never ask).

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I usually just dump em and leave em behind.

There was that ONE guy though, you know...the one who "got away". (I should have been the one getting away. Fast.) The one that all my guy friends hated, my girlfriends yelled at, and other guys were held up against. We'd fight and break up, and every time, he would snake his way back into my life and never quite leave my heart. We broke up several times during college.

I finally just dumped his ass this spring and haven't looked back since. :cool:
Yes, that. Never again.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
I've had sex with them again.

There is one I didn't get to see a lot that I'd have to "break up with" until I saw her again. She lived in a different country. That doesn't really count though, right?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts

Only ever had 1 girlfriend in year 8/14 years old, broke up with her after one year.. She was getting VERY clingy & a bit psycho. I'm 20 now, she added me on facebook & wants to catch up but I my memory goes into a time lapse and I experience the suffering memories. Single life has been so good to me :) I like variety

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I did.

I briefly had an immature relationship with a girl freshman year in HS - dated her a second time when we were in college. Honestly, it had a lot to do with the fact that we didn't have sex the first time around.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My current boyfriend is an ENTJ and he has been the most mixed up indecisive dating-wise person I have ever met. Lucky for him my NFP has allowed me to put up with it :confused: Granted, he had some emotional issues stemming from childhood things, but he initiated the breaking up and getting back together between us many times. There was one other girl that he broke up with and got back together a few times as well. I think the child things prevented him from seeing things as clearly as other ENTJs might, but having worked through them I think he is a little more in tune with his emotions than other younger ENTJs might be :happy:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.