Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Argh, evidently mine is so advanced that there's really only 3 people I can think of who always know when I'm trolling or whatever. I don't know about trouble per se but there have been innumerable instances where someone I'm talking to thinks I'm being serious, which is sort of a bummer :dry:.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Most people find it endearing when I am sarcastic, but once in my music class when we were discussing the purpose of music I sarcastically said that "So music is basically any sound with no practical purpose whatsoever" and the professor looked mortified and asked if I was anti-music. It was all good fun though.

So have I gotten in 'trouble'? Not really, but there have definitely been some misunderstandings.

·
Registered
709 Posts
One time I was being cuttingly sarcastic with my iSFP friend (then boyfriend) about something major we disagreed on... and it took him 3 years to realize I was being sarcastic. That's about as much trouble as it's caused me.

Otherwise, it's a hit or miss occurrence for people to catch on to my sarcasm at all.

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5, 1w2, 2w1 Sx/Sp
10,469 Posts
Only with those I'm close to as those are the only people I feel comfortable enough to be sarcastic around which is kind of bad because sometimes I just blurt out things without thinking when I'm around them. I over think my response with stranger though and would never dream of being sarcastic as it could be terribly misinterpreted and I may be unable to explain or take it back.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Only by my parents who were convinced I had a "tone" that was inappropriate and disrespectful. I could never predict when I would get punished for that. Also sometimes I was completely serious, but it was mistaken as sarcasm because my autism wasn't understood.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Always... but honestly most of the time people just don't take me seriously anyways and think I'm always being sarcastic when really I'm being blatantly honest. They just don't know it.

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
Only by my parents who were convinced I had a "tone" that was inappropriate and disrespectful. I could never predict when I would get punished for that.
Pretty much this for me as well. I couldn't care much less if others end up bothered by my sarcasm. Friends/family know when I'm sarcastic and so they don't make a big deal about it, and I'm not dumb enough to be snarky toward a boss or police officer. *shrug* Not many other people can really do anything that matters when you're an adult, so it's a moot point.

Reactions: unico
1 - 10 of 10 Posts