Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever had one of those clear intuitive visions enter your head while you're in the middle of doing something normal in your everyday life and at that moment, you suddenly ''just know'' about something or someone?

Care to share your experiences and how you've dealt with them?

·
Registered
576 Posts
I'm usually not to amazed buy those moments on my part but a couple of days ago were accurately typed this girl as an ENFP with only talking to her for a couple of mins. I knew her for awhile now but only just now took the time to get to know her. While I was talking to her I just said " you seem like you are an enfp". She said she had done the test before but couldn't remember so she took it just to she if I was right. I was right on the money! I was so amazed because I suck at typing people on the spot, but just by knowing our similarities and differences I just knew.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I don't really have an "aha" moment in a cosmic epiphany form, usually the sudden realisations are intrapersonal, about things I may have forgotten or just not thought about so I rush to write down the emergent thought before it is lost in the scatterbrain. On occasion I may have a sudden solution to a problem I have been dealing with may occur, though whether its a good idea is a different story.

The vast majority of my ideas come to me in a sort of inner brainstorming session form, as if I'm explaining an idea to an imaginary third party in a debating form. The conversation tends to sway back and forth and yields ideas I wasn't aware of at the beginning.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
If you 'just know', that actually sounds more like Ni I think. For me as an Ne-dom, it's more like taking in my perceptions and putting them together into something, based on prior knowledge, that forms an extreme pulling to try it out or pursue whatever it is. It's an extreme 'maybe if I do this, such-and-such will happen' kinda thing. Or my 'aha moments' might come when I can finally put things together and figure them out and then feel pulled to use that knowledge as applied to something else. But I wouldn't call any of this a knowing sensation.

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
Yes!

I cannot quite describe the experience. But I can say I had quite a lot of them with a former Zen teacher of mine.

"An instant realization sees endless time.
Endless time is as one moment.
When one comprehends the endless moment
He realizes the person who is seeing it."

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yes all of the time! from tiny everyday things to solving the puzzle of life,
People i'm with just tend look at me blankly because i'll just be quite normal then suddenly a light bulb can switch on and i'll smile say "Ah" "Hmm" and sound like i'm having a conversation with my head. I love having those intuitive moments they make things so much easier for me

·
Registered
716 Posts
I know these moments but I can't explain them. Not even to myself. Whenever I have an epiphany like that, it's so abstract. It means a great deal to me and I understand it and it's usually a realization of a great truth of some kind, but I can't really explain it to others so they'll understand it. Ne is so unpractical in terms of communication :dry:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts