Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Existential anxiety, guilt, the wretchedness and the nausea??? Anyone???
Meaninglessness??? What is to be done??? Or is the answer simply to be and exist and involve yourselves in productive labour (and find meaning in it)??? Is work the only solution???

·
Banned
41 Posts
Existential anxiety, guilt, the wretchedness and the nausea??? Anyone???
Meaninglessness??? What is to be done??? Or is the answer simply to be and exist and involve yourselves in productive labour (and find meaning in it)??? Is work the only solution???
if you are a nihilist then productive labor has no meaning for you. when dealing with my own existential crisis i decided to seek meaning from within rather than realizing it through the external world, i recommend experimenting with drugs (shrooms and dmt) and eastern philosophy.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Meh, had one last semester. :p
I just decided to take an, "Okay, if my existence is meaningless I'll just do all the things I want to do." sort of approach to life.
...then, I discovered that I don't actually have a lot of things I want to do...
Hmm... Working on it still...
But definitely not in the "crisis" stage anymore.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Meh, had one last semester. :p
I just decided to take an, "Okay, if my existence is meaningless I'll just do all the things I want to do." sort of approach to life.
...then, I discovered that I don't actually have a lot of things I want to do...
Hmm... Working on it still...
But definitely not in the "crisis" stage anymore.
Yah went through a similar phase at Uni also.

My answer to it was actually similar to yours : "Meh . . " or long version "Mehh, I need to try to stop over thinking life, and maybe just go with the flow a bit more"

Reactions: BUtheBabyUnicorn

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I had one when I turned nine... it hasn't ended yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts