Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Father: INTP
Mother: ENFJ
Sister: INTP
Brother: INFP
Me: INTJ

I'm very interested in what your responses will be.

Truly, I am amazed at these results. Before when I was less educated on MBTI, I relied on the stupid online tests.
These were their results by the test:
Mother: ESFJ
Father: INTP/ISTP
Sister: ESFP
Brother: ISFP

My brother and sister, who are 13 and 11, relate more INFP and INTP than their test results. They were astonished at how much they related to the descriptions of the personality types. I can't even believe my sister is an INTP! It actually makes me a little happy. Ha-ha. She was definite when she told me that her dominant function was Ti, not Ne. I thought of her to be an extrovert, so I had to make sure.

I love how we're all intuitive types, too.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Nope. I believe my mom is an ESTJ and my father an INTx but I do not really know my sister's type at all aside from being an ExxJ. I find that the more information you have to use, the more confounding your typing will likely be, at least for me.

Welcome to the site :happy:

Reactions: Sayonara

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Mother ESFP
Father ISTJ
Brother ESTP
Brother INTJ
Brother INTP
Me ENTP
Sister ISFP
Sister INFP

oh what?! your first post?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
My mom is an ISFJ and my dad is an ISTJ. My grandpa is an INTJ and my grandma was probably an ESFJ. I dunno any other family members' types. I'm an INTP.

·
Registered
456 Posts
My mother is a definite ESFJ

My dad and sister are hard to guess though, I would think my sister is an INFP, and my dad an INTP but he could be a J. It's really hard to tell though with him. He's a good balance of J and P.

My partner I think is an ISFP like myself, though hers is more pronounced thanks to her Asperger's.

Interesting first topic btw, and yes welcome to the site. :) Seems like you avoided the horny robot lol XD

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Mom: ISFJ
Dad: ISTJ
Twin sister: INTP

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Not yet; I'm still working on it.
Grandpa: ESxJ (I usually guess ESTJ, though he's not as dry and insensitive as other Fi-inferior types. I guess considering he's lasted with my grandma for well over half a century, I'm assuming they're closer and not really shadows and they don't seem to have major arguments, although I once considered ESTP for him.)
Grandma: ESFJ (I'm pretty certain)

Mom: xNFP? (I think she uses Fi-Ne in some order. When she used to have outbursts, they seemed Fi-like.)
Dad: was either INTJ or a really unhealthy, looped ISTP (he wasn't terribly stable so I'm not especially confident. I feel pretty certain about the introversion)
--
Eldest sister: ENFx
other sister: ISFJ? (seems fairly grounded)
brother: ESxP (seems like a Se user and more of an extrovert to me, but maybe I'm wrong; I do think he has a sensing > intuition preference.)

I'll have to look into the Enneagram again if I really want to find out which types on those I perceive them as.

·
Registered
107 Posts
there are other threads like this.. You could check them out too.
Anywayz, here's my family's type
dad - estp (not sure though)
mom - infj
big sis - enfp
lil sis - esfp
pretty accurate since mom and dad are like total opposites so unified in their thinking at times, big sis and me get along well, big sis v/s mom clashes (ne fi v/s ni fe), drama queen lil sis, sarcastic diy dad etc... Etc...

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Mum:1w2, XXXJ, probably ESTJ
Dad: 9w8, EXTP, I'm guessing N for the whacky humour *Edit" INFP apparently, going by this I might be just wrong about everyone.
Brother: 3w?, ENFP
Aunt: IXFJ
Grandma: 9? XXFP
Grandpa: XXXJ
Other Grandma: 1? XXXJ

I really haven't been paying attention lol. The whole family's horribly angry and mismatched.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Dad: ESTJ

Mum: ESFJ....although not entirely sure.

Brother: The most difficult one since he is quite an inconsistant person, I thought he might be an INFP stuck in a Fi-Te loop, then ESFP, then ESFJ.

He's probably just type: UNHEALTHY.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Possibly.

Mum - xNFJ
Dad - ISTJ
Sister - ESFP

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Mum: ISFJ (developed Perception)
Dad: ISTP (developed Judging and Feeling)
Oldest sister: ESFP (developed Judging)
Youngest sister: INFJ (unhealthy; emulates ISTJ/ISFJ behavior)
Grandmother: ESTJ
Grandfather: ENFJ
Other grandfather: ESTP
Other grandmother: ESTJ (unhealthy)
Me: ENTP (developed Introversion and Sensing)

It's a battle royale in our family. While the SJs have been trying to keep the family together, they've inadvertently pushed away the rest of us. The SPs are doing their own thing and trying to avoid the family's issues. The NFs are dragged into the problem and seem more likely to break into rebellion (yes, even my grandfather is getting tired of the problems). Then there's me, analyzing each issue but never able to help because everyone is too busy doing things themselves.

·
Banned
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you for all of your input.

How are your family dynamics?

I started a new thread where you can answer this question. I can't post links, so you'd have to look on my profile and look at my latest started threads. Sorry for the inconvenience.

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
Dad: ESTP Enneagram 6 (counterphobic)
Mom: ISxJ (I find it tricky to tell) Enneagram triad 6-1-2 in some sort of order, most likely 6 core
Sister: ESFJ Enneagram 9 (ridiculously good to talk with and to)

That's... What I think any way. Not entirely sure.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm currently on a quest to type my family, and myself. XD My guesses so far are INFP for me, ISTJ for my dad (which would make sense bc we do not get along and he hurts me without realizing), ESFP for my mom (even in her fifties she wants to party!!), then I have a little sister who I can't type at all..she won't even focus long enough to take a personality test online. :p My little brother is too young to type as an 11 year old. I get along more with my mom than my dad, and my sister and I used to fight constantly and aggressively but we are slowly becoming very close friends as we grow older. ^-^

·
Registered
656 Posts
Mom: ESFJ
Dad: I don't live with him and haven't seen him in a few years, so I don't know, but I will find out this summer. I'm going to guess ESFP. We talk on the phone sometimes. I'm pretty sure I'm right.
Brother: ESFP
Brother: ESTP
Grandma: ISFJ
Grandpa: ENTJ
Female 12 y/o cousin: ESFJ
Female 17 y/o cousin: ENFP

I'm certain about all of their types (besides my dad). MBTI has taught me a lot about my family.

My mom and I butt heads so badly. I don't think that has to do with types though. I think that's mostly her anger issues and my sensitivity.

Living with my brothers with those types was... quite an experience. (Partying, partying, partying) They're good kids who do bad things and don't see their potential. I love them more than anything in the world.

My grandma and grandpa are perfect for each other. My grandpa is bossy and controlling; my grandma only wants to make everyone happy.

My twelve-year-old cousin and I are like sisters. I have a soft spot for her. She has horrible anger issues like my mom, but I try to keep in mind that it's not her fault and probably a chemical imbalance in her brain. When something doesn't piss her off, we get along and she's very sweet and selfless.

My seventeen-year-old cousin and I do not get along because she's fake and a liar and mostly because she doesn't like being around me unless she wants money... which stupid ISFJ me always gives her... Haha, I prefer to spend my time with people who are genuine and reliable, anyway. Now that I think about it: I grew up with her, but I don't really know her... Maybe I just don't understand.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts