Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My paternal-maternal great grandparents (dad's mom's parents) are still alive today. My great-grandfather was born in 1924, great-grandmother in 1925, and still alive and well at ages 93 and 92 respectively, and despite a few hospital visits are not exactly at death's door yet. I have known them my whole conscious life as my dad is very supportive of them, and have gotten to know my great-grandfathers stories from the Great Depression and World War II, stories he still tells today.
Never knew any of my other great grandparents, as they died either before I was born or when I was very little.

Since these topics discuss generations, thats the question I'm asking today. Have you known any of your great-grandparents, how well did you know them, are they still alive today, and did they ever tell you stories from the good ol' days? How about even great-great grandparents, I've met some kids throughout my school years who said they have met their great-great grandparents, and as stated before my great-grandparents currently do have great-great grandchildren, some of whom are close to their teens.

·
Registered
192 Posts
My mother's parents born in 1911 and 1924 respectively so my great grandparents definitely passed away before I'm born(I don't know when they're born and I think around 1870~1890),for my father parents they're born on 1934 and 1936, and I also couldn't know my great grandparents as well since my grandparents told me they're also born in 19th century(around 1880~1890). Follow this pattern my great-great parents will be born around 1840 so that's impossible I know them lol.But my grandparents told me something about world war II(in Malaysia) and she's 6~9 years old when Japan sieze Malaysia.My mother also told me that my grandparents almost passed away in world war II when Japan's army beat him

·
Registered
962 Posts
I know I'm not Gen Z, but I just wanted to say that anyone who has known any of their great grandparents is extremely lucky—all of mine died before I was born. Don't take your great-grandparents (or even you grandparents) for granted!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Wow!!Feel good for you all,you all should treasure it,all of my great grandparents passed away in 1997 and all of my grandparents passed away in 2015......

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
Yes. My great grandparents of mine lived until 93yo..

My grandfather is still alive until now.. Probably almost 90..

We have this long life blood. So, i will still probably be able to live until 90 if i took care of my health

·
Registered
42 Posts
I met two of my great grandparents. My mom's maternal grandmother (and her cousin), and my dad's paternal grandfather. My great grandmother died in 2006 at 94 when I was 3, her cousin died in 2014 at 101 when I was 11, and my great grandfather died in 2014 at 99 when I was 10.

I don't remember my great grandmother much, I have like two memories of her. I did visit her cousin a lot when I was older. I didn't see my great grandfather all that much, but I did see him twice in the year before he died.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I met my paternal-maternal grandma. When i was like three but she died when I was 4. I think she was born in the 1920s

·
Registered
97 Posts
I was born in 1992, my mom and dad in 1975. My mom's parents were born in 1959 (grandmother) and 1960 (grandfather). My dad's parents were born in 1954 (grandmother) and 1953 (grandfather). My great-grandparents are all still alive, born between 1931 and 1938.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Not Genz but born 1994 . Dad was born in 1960 and mom 1966. I never met anyone older than my dad and brothers / sister as both my grandparents/ theirsiblings were all dead in their 40s=50s in the 70s-80s . My maternal grandfather was born 1929 and is still severly mentally sharp and active while mat. grandmother 1936. My mat. Grandfathers great grandmother + aunt was still alive when I was very young ( both born 1890s). Died around 100-105

·
Registered
ISTP 5w4 sx/sp 583
1,376 Posts
Nope. At least, I don't think so.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts