Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
made a topic on the other board, wondering mainly interactions with INFJ males since they're supposedly the rarest of their gender.

If you've met one, how well did you hit it off and how many have you met?

·
Registered
75 Posts
My mother.

·
Banned
245 Posts
Yes. I wasn't impressed.

_____

My good Saudi friend is an INFJ, very kind and more empathetic version of me. A great catch for all the 20 y/o's out there.

My ENTP friend's girlfriend is an INFJ. Talented, intelligent, strikingly cute, humble, and very considerate of others. A great person overall.

A museum studies acquaintance (female). Distant, distrusting on first impressions, nervous, silly, quirky, endearing. Definitely someone you want to know on a deeper level.

Two of my economics professors are INFJ's. Calm, caring, considerate, deeply intelligent, subtly enthusiastic, inspirational (trying to emphasize this), predictive. Great people overall, I hope to match their social and intellectual grace one day.

INFJ's are our loving and inspirational cousins that deserve large reserves of respect and mutual camaraderie. Accept them, for they are genuinely rare and deeply misunderstood individuals. They may offer an unconditional amount of genuine support and loving regard just from the notion that you're a genuine and well-intentioned individual with an introspective/coherent mind. They're drawn to NT's for our witty grasp on life, analytical perspectives, and interpretive reasoning.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Met one not of my gender. He was cute, earnest, had self-esteem issues and quite possibly my first love. He was also painfully shy (and so am I) so it amounted to nothing.

Reactions: knittigan

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Also met one not of my gender. He's charming and sweet and intelligent and awkward, so naturally I wanted to get in his pants within moments of meeting him. We've been dating for eight months, so I'd say we get along quite well. He's pretty much my best friend.

·
Banned
2,005 Posts
The day she gave birth to me, lol.
Same here. I've known a few of my gender, and I'm not sure if the relationship I have with my mother has conditioned me, but they tend to rub me the wrong way. In fact, the feeling is often mutual. Not sure what's going on there, but...

Also met one not of my gender. He's charming and sweet and intelligent and awkward, so naturally I wanted to get in his pants within moments of meeting him.
Yep.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Also met one not of my gender. He's charming and sweet and intelligent and awkward, so naturally I wanted to get in his pants within moments of meeting him. We've been dating for eight months, so I'd say we get along quite well. He's pretty much my best friend.
"Get in his pants" sounded right. I knew mine for 3 days, the last three days we could've spent together. Only after I left did I realize I fell head over heels for him. I'm still slightly in love with him, though I'm dating someone else now. Because of distance it wouldn't have worked, but we still write regularly and I love reading his thoughtful, sincere e-mails. Even though his native language is not English, he writes so gracefully.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
"Get in his pants" sounded right. I knew mine for 3 days, the last three days we could've spent together. Only after I left did I realize I fell head over heels for him. I'm still slightly in love with him, though I'm dating someone else now. Because of distance it wouldn't have worked, but we still write regularly and I love reading his thoughtful, sincere e-mails. Even though his native language is not English, he writes so gracefully.
Yeah, mine is an incredible writer, too, so I can totally relate.

Reactions: Persephone

·
Registered
31 Posts
I know a few male INFJs as well as female ones. I spend allot of time observing and interacting with them, I tend to get along with them fairly well.
Males are difficult... they think they're superheroes. I've never met or stalked an INFJ man who didn't have this "misunderstood saint" attitude about himself. Sometimes it's not very apparent until you really start discussing things (especially typology) with them. They can be overly mushy, and self-centered with interactions, and disloyal until you establish a stronger friendship with them. They tend to want desperately to be understood, and emotionally stroked (and physically for that matter :laughing:). They seem to focus extremely intently on justice and "good and evil".
They often get friend zoned... the way they behave isn't always very attractive, but they make awesome and supportive friends. They're very romantic and will pile affection and roses on you, and jewels and trips to beautiful places if they have the money. They're extremely adoring people, and very unique and interesting people. Some are almost out of a comic book with how strange they can be, and some try to blend in socially much more. They have a hard time not seeing themselves as completely alone in the world, aliens almost- they're so often scared of how shallow everyone seems to be, and want to be accepted and loved by everyone.
They think allot- sometimes so much that they think that they are 'thinkers'. They're fairly intelligent (not usually as much so as they think they are though, :laughing:) and great to have a conversation with if you commit enough to become good friends with them. They take allot of patience and commitment, but they'll usually return it for you.
They're very cool people! I'm very fond of them.

These are all things that I've noticed are consistent between all the INFJ men that I've interacted with or observed that makes them notably different from most female INFJs that I've interacted with or observed. Just thought I'd share what I've noticed. :proud:

·
Registered
INTP sp/so 9w1 6w5 4w5
5,517 Posts
One female INFJ is my roommate. Other than her scary, scary outbursts of temper (which are directed solely at her husband) and her and her husband's contempt for people with "weaknesses" (which I absolutely loathe), I get along with her fine.

The other female INFJ I met in college. We've been friends for 13 years and she's been one of my closest friends for most of that time. She lives far away though, so we don't get much time together. :sad: She, too, apparently has a very bad temper that mostly gets directed at her husband. And she can be extremely insecure sometimes and gets angry at her husband when he doesn't reassure her. Though she suffered a huge amount of verbal abuse from her previous husband, so much of it may be rooted in that.

The one male INFJ I know was one of my favorite people from high school. He was one of the few upperclassmen who was kind to the freshmen, and I appreciated that very much (always thought being mean to underclassmen was ridiculous). He was also just a very nice person. And funny as heck - he was kind of a class clown. I always suspected he was highly intelligent, and having befriended him on Facebook a couple years ago I can say with some confidence this is true. He's also apparently published a book or two.

Reactions: knittigan

·
Banned
4,227 Posts
Yes.

All the INFJ I know have developed a fairly cohesive sensory "character" for themselves. You know, the type of person that thinks about the act of living enough to have this unpredictably pleasing aesthetic appeal to an Ni user. It usually takes sensory form - their music tastes, choices of a hangout location, knick knacks. I have no clue if I come across that way to them as well.

Thinking back on this though, I'm not sure this is as pronounced with the INFJ males I know. Obviously, we have great conversations and value each other deeply as friends, but there isn't that "hmmm, wonder how they got the idea to do that" feeling with them.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Males are difficult... they think they're superheroes. I've never met or stalked an INFJ man who didn't have this "misunderstood saint" attitude about himself. Sometimes it's not very apparent until you really start discussing things ... with them ... They tend to want desperately to be understood, and emotionally stroked (and physically for that matter :laughing:). They seem to focus extremely intently on justice and "good and evil" ... They think allot- sometimes so much that they think that they are 'thinkers'. They're fairly intelligent (not usually as much so as they think they are though, :laughing:) and great to have a conversation with if you commit enough to become good friends with them. They take allot of patience and commitment, but they'll usually return it for you.
One of my brothers is an INFJ. These observations are spot on. Figuring out the unspoken rules that he hypocritically applies to others but not to himself creates problems between us from time to time. He is very judgmental, but sensitive and thin-skinned at the same time. He thinks about things a ton; but it's definitely Ti-inspired subjective logic. Many times we can have conversations of depth--but again, I have to be careful not to prick his ego or challenge his view of ethics, which has a much different flavor than mine (e.g., "Everyone knows that you do XYZ to meet social expectations...")

For our relationship to work, I have to be the mature one and let little things slide and maintain an easy-going attitude. For this, he confides in me and trusts that I will give him objective, honest advice. I do not think that he really understands how I think and what is important to me. But, that's okay. He is my brother and I love him. I know that he loves me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts